Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need strengthening all over the pitch but... 17:46 - Dec 15 with 6127 viewsAlexGreen

...I might be tempted to put all the budget into one really good, strong striker. That's by far the biggest area that we're missing and the difference between us being a bottom side and a mid-table one - we have just about enough quality from midfield, and if we can attract a top striker to come and make an immediate impact, that five point difference doesn't seem too far away.

All other parts of the pitch we're either just about ok, have players coming back from fitness, or players on loan who can be recalled and do a job.

If we're going to roll the dice to stay up, maybe it's better to keep the nucleus of the first XI the same and make one big difference, vs another four new players to learn the squad and system.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 17:52 - Dec 15 with 4747 viewsbackwaywhen

Good post ...Roberts is stealing a living posing as a striker , worst player I have seen in a town shirt since watching Town from 1969 .
We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 17:55 - Dec 15 with 4690 viewsreusersfreekicks

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 17:52 - Dec 15 by backwaywhen

Good post ...Roberts is stealing a living posing as a striker , worst player I have seen in a town shirt since watching Town from 1969 .

Nonsense - loads far worse than him
We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 17:56 - Dec 15 with 4679 viewsdavblue

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 17:52 - Dec 15 by backwaywhen

I actually think we would still go down if that all we get.

Knudsen was appalling today, Spence was ok but not the answer.

I think we need guile in those front areas across the front 3. Sears doesn’t create much from
There but is scoring.
We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 17:59 - Dec 15 with 4646 viewsBloomBlue

But football is 90% confidence and that will only come from winning. Sometimes in football a terrible team get a couple of wins and those same players suddenly look great.

Norwich are a good example at the moment
We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:00 - Dec 15 with 4632 viewsBlueBadger

Oh give over, he's not even the worst Town player this decade.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:01 - Dec 15 with 4636 viewsAlexGreen

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 17:56 - Dec 15 by davblue

I actually think we would still go down if that all we get.

Knudsen was appalling today, Spence was ok but not the answer.

I think we need guile in those front areas across the front 3. Sears doesn’t create much from
There but is scoring.

Agree re Knudsen, not sure what happened to him today but he looked terrified.

Spence has been fine the last two games, this run in the side is improving him and with Lankester in front of him he's looked better (not Jack's best game today though it must be said!). I wonder whether him and a returning Emmanuel will be enough in Lambert's eyes?

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:04 - Dec 15 with 4600 viewsWestcountryblue

A lot of our 'quality' issues come from our full backs. The 4-5-1 diamond that we play (with two inside forwards/wingers) relies on the full backs being comfortable on the ball higher up the pitch. Sadly, neither are, with Jonas particularly struggling with this aspect of his game. In a flat 4-4-2, Jonas is a good player as there is less onus on him to get involved higher up the pitch. That said, we have some good solid options at CB and i would recommend bringing Luke Woolfenden back in January to act as cover, so we can spend in more pressing areas.

I think our midfield is reasonably good actually and there is probably more to come from the likes of Bishop and Dozzell who are still feeling their way back into the first team. I do worry about Nolan though. He is a neat and tidy footballer, but he has zero influence and presence in games. For my mind, Chalobah and Downes are getting better and better, but Huws and Skuse would give me more confidence.

I think we need a physical/athletic striker, a midfielder similar to Huws, a left back and a right back.
We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:04 - Dec 15 with 4586 viewsSarge

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:00 - Dec 15 by BlueBadger

He’s not even the worst in this team. One of the top performers today
Login to get fewer ads

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:07 - Dec 15 with 4555 viewsstrikalite

Two strikers ideally, because you can bet your bottom dollar that we'll bring in a half decent target man only for him to get injured..
We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:17 - Dec 15 with 4479 viewsjjblue84

It’s a good shout, especially as we haven’t got a midfield, we need another Daryl Murphy!
We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:18 - Dec 15 with 4472 viewsNoBru

Does a lot for us off the ball, his physicality and slight aerial presence is something we’ve lacked this season. Perhaps also remember he’s not a striker... poor comment from you!
We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:20 - Dec 15 with 4445 viewswkj

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:18 - Dec 15 by NoBru

Does a lot for us off the ball, his physicality and slight aerial presence is something we’ve lacked this season. Perhaps also remember he’s not a striker... poor comment from you!

And a good reply from you, Roberts is a small fish in a huge pond, bought in by a crap manager and never given a chance, then a good manager comes in, gives him a chance, and he functions.

The mere hint of going boo boy on Roberts is utterly insane.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:25 - Dec 15 with 4412 viewsCurrie10

Only game you've seen since 1969?

Clueless post.
We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:43 - Dec 15 with 4331 viewsbackwaywhen

I beg to differ ...he has no football instinct in him what so ever , just bundles into players and is a red card in waiting .
We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:50 - Dec 15 with 4302 viewspointofblue

He's not even Town's worst player this season. We've had a spark up front since he's come into the line up.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:52 - Dec 15 with 4295 viewschristiand

Absolutely agree as a central striker he was poor at times and not physical enough to compete, he gets outmuscled far too easily. He doesn’t naturally move into positions to receive the ball and often drifts out wide. Think he could do a job in Sears or Lankester’s wide role, but not centrally for me.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:53 - Dec 15 with 4284 viewsstrikalite

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:52 - Dec 15 by christiand

Absolutely agree as a central striker he was poor at times and not physical enough to compete, he gets outmuscled far too easily. He doesn’t naturally move into positions to receive the ball and often drifts out wide. Think he could do a job in Sears or Lankester’s wide role, but not centrally for me.

Roberts or Jackson then?
We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 19:02 - Dec 15 with 4249 viewsbackwaywhen

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:04 - Dec 15 by Sarge

Zzzzzzzz you could not have been there today in that case ...he was bloo#y awful imho.
We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 19:37 - Dec 15 with 4144 viewsBlueBadger

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:43 - Dec 15 by backwaywhen

I beg to differ ...he has no football instinct in him what so ever , just bundles into players and is a red card in waiting .

Seriously, you're rating him as worse than Lee Martin, Tamas Priskin, Jonathan Douglas, Giles Coke.....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 19:40 - Dec 15 with 4128 viewschristiand

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:53 - Dec 15 by strikalite

Roberts or Jackson then?

Harrison? I appreciate it he wasn’t available today, but he’d give us a physical presence.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 19:41 - Dec 15 with 4118 viewsGeoffSentence

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:04 - Dec 15 by Sarge

He didn't do too badly, would have been better if he had been able to stay in his feet.

There was some muppet in the SAL slagging him off at the top of his voice from start to end today, wound up one or two who told him to pipe down in no uncertain terms.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 19:43 - Dec 15 with 4107 viewsBent_double

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 18:17 - Dec 15 by jjblue84

It’s a good shout, especially as we haven’t got a midfield, we need another Daryl Murphy!

Brenner and Mills were discussing the possibility of getting Murphy back, don't know if there's anything in that, or if it's just wishful thinking.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 19:43 - Dec 15 with 4102 viewsSarge

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 19:02 - Dec 15 by backwaywhen

Zzzzzzzz you could not have been there today in that case ...he was bloo#y awful imho.

Lol k. I must have gone to the wrong Portman road then.
We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 19:50 - Dec 15 with 4058 viewsSarge

We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 19:41 - Dec 15 by GeoffSentence

He didn't do too badly, would have been better if he had been able to stay in his feet.

There was some muppet in the SAL slagging him off at the top of his voice from start to end today, wound up one or two who told him to pipe down in no uncertain terms.

Plenty of similar muppets in Britannia as well, taking aim at any player they could think of, usually Chambers. My trips to PR are more or less all I see of Suffolk after moving away and it doesn’t provide a particularly complimentary snapshot of the general intelligence of the region.
We need strengthening all over the pitch but... on 19:51 - Dec 15 with 4056 viewsBlueastheycome

Waghorn?

And no Roberts isn't good enough but he works his socks off ans it's plain to see he's trying his hardest so I refuse to criticise him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024