Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? 19:32 - Dec 15 with 10502 viewsGeoffSentence

Baffled me.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 19:34 - Dec 15 with 6099 viewsEastTownBlue

As with many other things this afternoon, the ref's imagination.

I thought that there would be 5 minutes.
Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 19:35 - Dec 15 with 6094 viewshomer_123

Six subs, and the trainers on at least 3 times.

That's the best I can do.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 19:35 - Dec 15 with 6087 viewsbluelagos

Was expecting 5, given the injuries.

Ref was a full on knob, no argument from me.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 19:38 - Dec 15 with 6068 viewswkj

I didn't go today, but if someone in this post could provide more info on what made the ref bad I would be interested to see.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 19:41 - Dec 15 with 6043 viewsbluelagos

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 19:38 - Dec 15 by wkj

I didn't go today, but if someone in this post could provide more info on what made the ref bad I would be interested to see.

See med to give a number of free kicks to Wigan for innocuous collisions. One in a very good position (few mins left) could easily have cost us the win.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 19:43 - Dec 15 with 6032 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 19:41 - Dec 15 by bluelagos

See med to give a number of free kicks to Wigan for innocuous collisions. One in a very good position (few mins left) could easily have cost us the win.

Wigan were playing him and he was easily taken in, in the end they were tumbling over when they got anywhere near the box, and got a free kick every time. The only one of that string of free kicks that was definitely a foul was a daft one given away by Knudsen where he sort of sat on a man in mid air.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 19:46 - Dec 15 with 6008 viewsArnieM

I suggest that extra time came from the so called “ injuries” the Wigan players claimed, especially in the second half. They were diving all over the place , ( certainly conned the ref anyway). . It was a deliberate game plan by Wigan to try and break up our rhythm.

Strange how it didn’t happen much after Town had taken the lead though. Funny that!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 19:50 - Dec 15 with 5983 viewsHerbivore

It came from the ref's seeming desperation to help Wigan to get something from the game. We've had some poor refs but in terms of being utterly one sided rather than inconsistent he was right up there. Missed everything they did to us and gave them stuff that wasn't there.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 19:56 - Dec 15 with 5949 viewsCurrie10

30 seconds a sub
30 seconds a goal

That’s 3.30 straight off the bat.

Injuries, ref finding a bit of time to add on.

Fair play for adding it on - a lot of games get 2/3 when should have been plenty more.
Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 20:15 - Dec 15 with 5858 viewshomer_123

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 19:43 - Dec 15 by GeoffSentence

Wigan were playing him and he was easily taken in, in the end they were tumbling over when they got anywhere near the box, and got a free kick every time. The only one of that string of free kicks that was definitely a foul was a daft one given away by Knudsen where he sort of sat on a man in mid air.

Nah, Trev defence gave away a number of fouls, they were cute, we and the ref got sucked in but Trev def gave fouls away.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 20:19 - Dec 15 with 5841 viewsjjblue84

The refs get it wrong nearly every game. Even when there’s not many subs, the time gets added on much more in the second half than in the first!
Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 20:26 - Dec 15 with 5818 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 19:43 - Dec 15 by GeoffSentence

While the ball sailed about 10 feet over their heads and out of play!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 20:31 - Dec 15 with 5786 viewsDeano69

I don’t recall seeing 7 added minutes even when someone has been stretched off in a bad way. Utter joke, even Rob Chandler couldn’t believe it.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 20:42 - Dec 15 with 5734 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 19:50 - Dec 15 by Herbivore

It came from the ref's seeming desperation to help Wigan to get something from the game. We've had some poor refs but in terms of being utterly one sided rather than inconsistent he was right up there. Missed everything they did to us and gave them stuff that wasn't there.

This, this & thrice this.

He really was total sh#te.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 20:55 - Dec 15 with 5708 viewsSteve_M

There should have been three minutes in the first half rather than one so the idiot added it on at the end.

He was truly awful all match, even worse than the two teams. How he didn't book their defender for taking Roberts out early on was bizarre but set the standard.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 11:54]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 20:59 - Dec 15 with 5682 viewsEly_Blue

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 19:35 - Dec 15 by homer_123

Six subs, and the trainers on at least 3 times.

That's the best I can do.

If that’s the case where did only 1 minute come from in the first half? The ref did everything he could to hand a goal to Wigan

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 21:00 - Dec 15 with 5685 viewsDyland

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 20:55 - Dec 15 by Steve_M

There should have been three minutes in the first half rather than one so the idiot added it on at the end.

He was truly awful all match, even worse than the two teams. How he didn't book their defender for taking Roberts out early on was bizarre but set the standard.

We all moan about refs making mistakes, along with every other club, but this performance was mind boggling wasn't it. So one sided. Would be interested to get a sensible Wigan fan's impression.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 21:25 - Dec 15 with 5595 viewswellhungphil

Relax guys, nothing sinister about it at all.

It was pretty damp out there today and some rain got into the internals of the electronic sign so it was playing up a bit and was getting stuck on "7" ever since Edwards came on.
Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 21:28 - Dec 15 with 5577 viewsEastTownBlue

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 20:31 - Dec 15 by Deano69

I don’t recall seeing 7 added minutes even when someone has been stretched off in a bad way. Utter joke, even Rob Chandler couldn’t believe it.

There were seven minutes added on at Forest a couple of weeks ago which was mainly due to their time wasting. Not that there was any chance of us getting one back let alone two.

Rob's announcement was funny. No doubt that he has broken FA rule number 54 paragraph 2 when it comes to announcing added on time that questions the officials.
Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 21:32 - Dec 15 with 5539 viewsHerbivore

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 20:55 - Dec 15 by Steve_M

There was a quality one late in the game where their player led with the arm about as blatantly as you're ever likely to see and he didn't even give a free kick let alone a yellow card. He also gave them a goal kick late on when the ball hadn't gone out and he was 2 yards away. Baffling.

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 22:17 - Dec 15 with 5408 viewsRyorry

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 20:31 - Dec 15 by Deano69

I said in the chat room that I couldn't remember 7 mins ever before except where there'd been a serious injury & someone required treatment on the pitch; and that the ref must be from Wigan!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 22:48 - Dec 15 with 5346 viewsSenatorBlue

Oh where to start; the central defender going through the back of Roberts (no free kick), the countless shoves and fouling of Roberts (no free kick), the slight gust of wind knocking down Wigan players (always a free kick), Roberts winning the ball cleanley, then being bundled over (freekick Wigan), fall near the Ipswich box (freekick Wigan), lead with the elbow at an Ipswich player (play on), drop a shoulder and spear tackle Deano (free kick, but not even a talking to - my only surprise, he didn’t allow the goal to stand, such was his bias), if all prior desperate attempts to help Wigan equalise, give them another 7 mins. As the crowd called out, that ref was nothing but a Cheat!

An utter cop womble.
Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 22:56 - Dec 15 with 5319 viewsHerbivore

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 22:48 - Dec 15 by SenatorBlue

Oh where to start; the central defender going through the back of Roberts (no free kick), the countless shoves and fouling of Roberts (no free kick), the slight gust of wind knocking down Wigan players (always a free kick), Roberts winning the ball cleanley, then being bundled over (freekick Wigan), fall near the Ipswich box (freekick Wigan), lead with the elbow at an Ipswich player (play on), drop a shoulder and spear tackle Deano (free kick, but not even a talking to - my only surprise, he didn’t allow the goal to stand, such was his bias), if all prior desperate attempts to help Wigan equalise, give them another 7 mins. As the crowd called out, that ref was nothing but a Cheat!

An utter cop womble.

From watching that game I'm 90% sure Roberts is banging the ref's wife. It's the only explanation for some of those decisions involving him.

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 23:00 - Dec 15 with 5303 viewsSenatorBlue

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 22:56 - Dec 15 by Herbivore

From watching that game I'm 90% sure Roberts is banging the ref's wife. It's the only explanation for some of those decisions involving him.

Anyone worked out where the 7 minutes of extra time came from? on 08:48 - Dec 16 with 5070 viewsWickets

Chambo rolling about in pain just after we scored, maybe to take time out? and the long goal celabration seemed to piss the Ref off ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024