Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. 19:54 - Dec 15 with 13182 viewsartsbossbeard

Apparently Mick ruined him by playing him wide right but Paul Lambert manages to get the best out of him by playing him wide right.

I'm kinda going with my gut feeling that 2x football managers with bags of experience know a lot more about football than a couple of loud NSL fans.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 19:58 - Dec 15 with 7072 viewsbobbyramsey

Left....
Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 19:58 - Dec 15 with 7073 viewsCurrie10

Cracking post.

People loved bashing Mick over the head any given opportunity.
Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 19:58 - Dec 15 with 7070 viewsartsbossbeard

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 19:58 - Dec 15 by bobbyramsey

Left....

Gah!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 19:59 - Dec 15 with 7059 viewsSarge

I suspect the true answer is that with the ball actually being played on the ground now (aside from every time Jonas gets the ball and attempts a MM era aimless punt), he stands a far better chance of doing something with it.
Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 20:01 - Dec 15 with 7041 viewsCoco

Whilst you do have a point to an extent, Mick asked his wide men to be more defensive than attacking. Mick is a direct coach with emphasis on defence whilst someone like Warnock is an direct coach with emphasis on attack.

Sears under Lambert is a hard working attacking winger rather than a hard working defensive one.

Imo.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 20:02 - Dec 15 with 7018 viewsMullet

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 20:01 - Dec 15 by Coco

Whilst you do have a point to an extent, Mick asked his wide men to be more defensive than attacking. Mick is a direct coach with emphasis on defence whilst someone like Warnock is an direct coach with emphasis on attack.

Sears under Lambert is a hard working attacking winger rather than a hard working defensive one.

Imo.

Or, we're just that much weaker and sh1tter that Sears' natural level makes him shine every week rather than every 4th or 5th.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 20:03 - Dec 15 with 7014 viewsAnewHop

I may be wrong but wasn’t he usually playing wide left in either a midfield 5 or 4 under Mick, rather than one of a front 3 under Lambert? Expectation of the manager in the role also plays a part, with much less emphasis on the need to cover the full back currently.
Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 20:12 - Dec 15 with 6908 viewsCaptMickMills

Wide left!
Login to get fewer ads

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 20:20 - Dec 15 with 6866 viewstextbackup

Or, just enjoy the win?

However, I’m happy to answer, but different with PL giving him the freedom to attack other than ‘Freddie you need to remember the defensive duties’ the exact words I heard MM say as I dog walked by the training pitch.

But it’s always best to worry about the ex ex manager after the first home win.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 20:25]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 20:21 - Dec 15 with 6846 viewshomer_123

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 20:20 - Dec 15 by textbackup

Or, just enjoy the win?

However, I’m happy to answer, but different with PL giving him the freedom to attack other than ‘Freddie you need to remember the defensive duties’ the exact words I heard MM say as I dog walked by the training pitch.

Bollox to that, this is TWTD!

Now then, Chambo, past it ain't he?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 20:42 - Dec 15 with 6714 viewshomer_123

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 20:02 - Dec 15 by Mullet

Or, we're just that much weaker and sh1tter that Sears' natural level makes him shine every week rather than every 4th or 5th.

You on the J2Blue stuff Mullers?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 20:46 - Dec 15 with 6687 viewsMullet

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 20:42 - Dec 15 by homer_123

You on the J2Blue stuff Mullers?

How very dare you!

I love Freddie but we were meant to be upgrading on him, not making him into Mathie, Johnson and Muprhy in one.

He's a cracking player, but this narrative he's suddenly bloomed whilst we've been bottom and have all the swagger and menace of a toddler does make me bemused.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 20:52 - Dec 15 with 6657 viewsCuffy81

Same position, different roles.

Mick asked him to stay wide and work the touchline , Lambert is encouraging to come inside and get involved
Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 21:51 - Dec 15 with 6457 viewsjudespiveyg

I feel like the role is slightly different. Under Mccarthy he was more like a wide midfielder with duty to track back (not a criticism of Mccarthy just tactical difference) whereas under Lambert he sort of plays as an inside forward who comes in from wide positions. Whatever the case, his goal record is getting better in a worse side.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 22:10 - Dec 15 with 6360 viewsVic

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 20:02 - Dec 15 by Mullet

I’m sure that’s some of it; but doesn’t account for him scoring more goals does it!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 22:18 - Dec 15 with 6326 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What some people seem incapable of understanding is that Sears played a different role in a team that had other players scoring goals under MM. As a result he was a regular starter and didn't score many goals. Interestingly, when he first came in and we were missing a goalscorer, he played the goalscoring role very well. Now we are desperately short of goals and Lambert has given him a more attacking role (albeit in a similar position) and he is, once again, scoring.

I would suggest Sears is one of the most undervalued players by our fans generally. I was glad he has signed the extension to his contract.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 22:42 - Dec 15 with 6224 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 20:52 - Dec 15 by Cuffy81

Same position, different roles.

Mick asked him to stay wide and work the touchline , Lambert is encouraging to come inside and get involved

Exactly this. Deadly obvious. Not for the OP though but this is hardly a surprise.

It is no coincidence that Freddie has been quite prolific of late.
Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 23:40 - Dec 15 with 6062 viewsArnieM

I th8nk the difference in ( for instance), the form of Freddie Sears, under new management, is the approach b6 that manager.

McCarthys footballing philosophy was to defend , first, second and occasionally have a punt forward in the hope of getting on the end of something, doesn’t matter if we don’t really attack the opposition because they have to try and break down our largely defensive minded side . ...
” We start with a point, Don’t lose that”.

Lambert ( and to lesser extent Hurst), the ethos is keep the ball, move the ball work it out of our defence forwards , and most of all attack the opposition with free flowing footie. ...” I am to win every game, i will not play the game any differently ( other than to attack the opposition).

THIS is why I was sick to death of McCarthy’ s style of football. It was boring as hell and SO bloody negative and soul destorying to watch.

So how does this affect players like Sears?

In a word. CONFIDENCE.

I think Lambert has made the boy feel 10ft tall and focused on his natural attacking, striker attributes and encouraged him to get forward ( although he works his butt off defending on the edge of our box when we’ve lost possession), like the top pro he is.

It’s a case of glass half empty vs glass half full mentality .

I know which I prefer.....So to the ” be careful what you wish for” brigade, it’s Lambert all day , every day for me.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 23:48 - Dec 15 with 6019 viewsRyorry

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 23:40 - Dec 15 by ArnieM

I th8nk the difference in ( for instance), the form of Freddie Sears, under new management, is the approach b6 that manager.

McCarthys footballing philosophy was to defend , first, second and occasionally have a punt forward in the hope of getting on the end of something, doesn’t matter if we don’t really attack the opposition because they have to try and break down our largely defensive minded side . ...

Lambert ( and to lesser extent Hurst), the ethos is keep the ball, move the ball work it out of our defence forwards , and most of all attack the opposition with free flowing footie. ...” I am to win every game, i will not play the game any differently ( other than to attack the opposition).

THIS is why I was sick to death of McCarthy’ s style of football. It was boring as hell and SO bloody negative and soul destorying to watch.

In a word. CONFIDENCE.

I think Lambert has made the boy feel 10ft tall and focused on his natural attacking, striker attributes and encouraged him to get forward ( although he works his butt off defending on the edge of our box when we’ve lost possession), like the top pro he is.

I know which I prefer.....So to the ” be careful what you wish for” brigade, it’s Lambert all day , every day for me.

To pinch a phrase - ^This^!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 00:03 - Dec 16 with 5978 viewsreusersfreekicks

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 21:51 - Dec 15 by judespiveyg

I feel like the role is slightly different. Under Mccarthy he was more like a wide midfielder with duty to track back (not a criticism of Mccarthy just tactical difference) whereas under Lambert he sort of plays as an inside forward who comes in from wide positions. Whatever the case, his goal record is getting better in a worse side.

Perfectly put
Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 00:38 - Dec 16 with 5904 viewsMrTown

I think it’s more about what the emphasis on him is in that position.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 06:07 - Dec 16 with 5731 viewsBenters2

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 20:01 - Dec 15 by Coco

Imo.

I make you right
Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 06:11 - Dec 16 with 5727 viewsBenters2

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 20:20 - Dec 15 by textbackup

Or, just enjoy the win?

I make you right.

I am surprised Brentford wasn’t mentioned.
Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 06:33 - Dec 16 with 5709 viewsBenters2

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 19:59 - Dec 15 by Sarge

I suspect the true answer is that with the ball actually being played on the ground now (aside from every time Jonas gets the ball and attempts a MM era aimless punt), he stands a far better chance of doing something with it.

In times gone past that was commonly know as ‘the hoof’.
Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 06:38 - Dec 16 with 5703 viewsBenters2

Sears, Freddie. Clarification required. on 23:40 - Dec 15 by ArnieM

In a word. CONFIDENCE.

I wish I could give you 100 arrows for this,it’s the best post I’ve read in ages.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024