Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fvck me we needed that 20:56 - Dec 15 with 1880 viewsDyland

Funny old game. About as bad as we've played all season over a whole match, and we win. At last we get the rub of the green, and on top of that, playing against the most one sided ref I can recall recently.

Maybe churlish to be negative when we've won, but I'll call out Roberts. Sorry, but if that's the best we've got up top our luck isn't going to last long. He's game enough but just not good enough. Play like we did today in the other games before the transfer window opens and we'll be sh1t out of luck.

But it's a home win at last and we deserve the little bit of luck, and we CAN play better and there's a small chink of light, and something more solid to build on.

Well done the support... we kept going, just about. Fvck was it cold and sh1te :)

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Fvck me we needed that on 21:08 - Dec 15 with 1830 viewsSteve_M

I feel a bit for Roberts, he stepped up when there was no-one else but he's flagging badly now. Not really his fault but I think he's done enough to be a squad player for the rest of tree session.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Fvck me we needed that on 21:16 - Dec 15 with 1806 viewsDyland

Fvck me we needed that on 21:08 - Dec 15 by Steve_M

I feel a bit for Roberts, he stepped up when there was no-one else but he's flagging badly now. Not really his fault but I think he's done enough to be a squad player for the rest of tree session.

Agreed, and I feel kind of bad calling him out when e.g. our full backs were even poorer today, and they are more experienced. But you're right it's just catching up with him. He offers very little threat and defences aren't going to be too troubled. Then again, creating p1ss all like we did today, Roberts needs to play a McGoldrick type role, and the comparison is unfair.

Nolan played well in spurts. If we manage a miraculous great escape it will be the making of him. There's a decent player in there. Likewise Lankester.

Dozzers ooozes class in the brief moments we see him. Such a natural footballer.

Fvck me we needed that on 09:38 - Dec 16 with 1619 viewsSteve_M

Fvck me we needed that on 21:16 - Dec 15 by Dyland

Agreed, and I feel kind of bad calling him out when e.g. our full backs were even poorer today, and they are more experienced. But you're right it's just catching up with him. He offers very little threat and defences aren't going to be too troubled. Then again, creating p1ss all like we did today, Roberts needs to play a McGoldrick type role, and the comparison is unfair.

Nolan played well in spurts. If we manage a miraculous great escape it will be the making of him. There's a decent player in there. Likewise Lankester.

Dozzers ooozes class in the brief moments we see him. Such a natural footballer.

Also with Roberts loved how, when he knew he was going off, he ran as far away from the bench as possible then did the Stephen Hunt slow walk off.

Nolan, there's always been obvious ability. I really hope Lambert can get him to use it consistently and effectively.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Fvck me we needed that on 09:42 - Dec 16 with 1599 viewsMullet

Fvck me we needed that on 09:38 - Dec 16 by Steve_M

Also with Roberts loved how, when he knew he was going off, he ran as far away from the bench as possible then did the Stephen Hunt slow walk off.

Nolan, there's always been obvious ability. I really hope Lambert can get him to use it consistently and effectively.

There was a set piece latish yesterday, where Nolan got the rebound under quick control and arced it down the touchline for Roberts to push the defender back to the keeper. Was a lovely bit of vision and gave me some hope.

Of all the mangers to come in, you'd hope Lambert is the one with the know-how to polish Nolan up a bit. With Skuse out and Bishop probably being caught up by Downes in terms of Championship minutes it's crucial we make the most of all our midfielders.

Wigan commentary were dismissive of Andre yesterday. Said he made a big fanfare at 16 then has struggled to get in the team. You'd think they'd have realised or checked his leg was in kit form for a year. Whoever their "legend" commentating was he was very bitter all game.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Fvck me we needed that on 09:45 - Dec 16 with 1581 viewsDyland

Yep. And you can't fault his attitude one bit.

We have a midfield conundrum, and have had so for years. Skuse is the only nailed on starter. If we can just stay in touch and spawn some more points while Skuse and even Huws come back, the great escape is not such a fantastical idea.

Maybe the footballing gods will look on yesterday's reffing and give us a break and a biased homer for the Blades' visit, and a thoroughly fluky three points, arf.

Fvck me we needed that on 09:46 - Dec 16 with 1576 viewsRadlett_blue

Maybe that's part of the reason why the ref added 7 minutes?
They aren't completely dumb and blind.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Fvck me we needed that on 09:46 - Dec 16 with 1573 viewsDyland

Fvck me we needed that on 09:42 - Dec 16 by Mullet

There was a set piece latish yesterday, where Nolan got the rebound under quick control and arced it down the touchline for Roberts to push the defender back to the keeper. Was a lovely bit of vision and gave me some hope.

Of all the mangers to come in, you'd hope Lambert is the one with the know-how to polish Nolan up a bit. With Skuse out and Bishop probably being caught up by Downes in terms of Championship minutes it's crucial we make the most of all our midfielders.

Wigan commentary were dismissive of Andre yesterday. Said he made a big fanfare at 16 then has struggled to get in the team. You'd think they'd have realised or checked his leg was in kit form for a year. Whoever their "legend" commentating was he was very bitter all game.

Re Wigan commentary. What a prick.

Fvck me we needed that on 09:49 - Dec 16 with 1551 viewsMullet

Fvck me we needed that on 09:46 - Dec 16 by Dyland

Re Wigan commentary. What a prick.

I didn't take it as malevolence more ignorance. I'm guessing they get given fact sheets which are depressingly just a bunch of stats so they avoid being less than a step ahead of Shearer or Owen in terms of delivery.

But all they could tell us about Chalobah was that his brother is a bit more famous and he has a funny haircut and knows the lad they have loan from Chelsea. FFS

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Fvck me we needed that on 09:55 - Dec 16 with 1517 viewsHerbivore

Fvck me we needed that on 09:46 - Dec 16 by Radlett_blue

Maybe that's part of the reason why the ref added 7 minutes?
They aren't completely dumb and blind.

I can only assume you didn't witness the ref's performance yesterday.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

lollers on 09:57 - Dec 16 with 1510 viewsDyland

Fvck me we needed that on 09:49 - Dec 16 by Mullet

I didn't take it as malevolence more ignorance. I'm guessing they get given fact sheets which are depressingly just a bunch of stats so they avoid being less than a step ahead of Shearer or Owen in terms of delivery.

But all they could tell us about Chalobah was that his brother is a bit more famous and he has a funny haircut and knows the lad they have loan from Chelsea. FFS

Quality punditry.

Fvck me we needed that on 09:59 - Dec 16 with 1495 viewshadleighboyblue

Fvck me we needed that on 21:16 - Dec 15 by Dyland

Agree , I think Roberts is getting a lot of unfair stick . He's been asked to play a role that is not his natural position because we don't have anyone else to play that role .

It's the full backs that need to up their game , they are consistently weak .

Yes , there is a player there in Nolan and Lambert is the one to bring that out in him .

So nice to get the win on such a cold wet day ………….we're on the way !
Fvck me we needed that on 10:06 - Dec 16 with 1470 viewsLankHenners

God loves a trier, and that's the sum of what Roberts is unfortunately. His touch is nowhere near good enough to play that role in this division and he lacks the awareness to read where balls into him are going. He can deliver a decent ball into the box so worth keeping as a back-up wide player perhaps.

I'm not sure what went on with the ref - thought he was doing an ok job in the first half in terms of letting the play continue rather than stopping and starting, but I half wondered if Paul Cook slipped him a 50 or something at HT as he seemed absolutely hell bent on getting Wigan a point at least. If they'd've nicked a goal in the 7th(!!!) minute of added on time it'd've been a horrible injustice.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024