Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? 21:38 - Dec 15 with 6909 viewsBlueastheycome

When 7mins went up at the 90? I missed that bit
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 21:43]
What did Rob Chlander say over the tannoy? on 21:41 - Dec 15 with 6875 viewshomer_123

It was more....how he said it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What did Rob Chlander say over the tannoy? on 21:43 - Dec 15 with 6843 viewsNazemariner

I believe his exact words were “what the fudge”?
What did Rob Chlander say over the tannoy? on 21:44 - Dec 15 with 6815 viewsBlueastheycome

What did Rob Chlander say over the tannoy? on 21:43 - Dec 15 by Nazemariner

I believe his exact words were “what the fudge”?

Town through and through that bloke fair play
What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 21:50 - Dec 15 with 6728 viewsSitfcB

Fcuk Knows. Can’t hear anything in SBRL.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What did Rob Chlander say over the tannoy? on 21:53 - Dec 15 with 6678 viewsDyland

What did Rob Chlander say over the tannoy? on 21:41 - Dec 15 by homer_123

It was more....how he said it.

Indeed. It was an "Ole Pablo" moment except the opposite vibe. Good for Rob innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 22:04 - Dec 15 with 6579 viewspointofblue

"The fourth official has indicated that there will be a minimum of ... seven?! miutes of injury time."

The shocked seven echoed everyone in the ground it would have been a huge injustice if Wigan had equalised in that time considering it was mostly their time wasting (if anything) that caused it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 22:24 - Dec 15 with 6418 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 22:04 - Dec 15 by pointofblue

"The fourth official has indicated that there will be a minimum of ... seven?! miutes of injury time."

The shocked seven echoed everyone in the ground it would have been a huge injustice if Wigan had equalised in that time considering it was mostly their time wasting (if anything) that caused it.

To be fair, Chambers was down for some time when the physio came on. Add to that 30 seconds for each of 6 substitutions and the goal, it wasn't overly surprising to me.

The result was never in doubt was it?!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 22:32 - Dec 15 with 6362 viewsBLUEBEAT

I wonder whether he’ll get a slap on the wrist for that...?

Poll: W or W

Login to get fewer ads

What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 22:39 - Dec 15 with 6308 viewsBasuco

What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 22:24 - Dec 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

To be fair, Chambers was down for some time when the physio came on. Add to that 30 seconds for each of 6 substitutions and the goal, it wasn't overly surprising to me.

The result was never in doubt was it?!

30 seconds per sub? Wigan subs were so quick they didn't take 30 seconds for all three combined!
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 22:39]
What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 22:52 - Dec 15 with 6212 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 22:39 - Dec 15 by Basuco

30 seconds per sub? Wigan subs were so quick they didn't take 30 seconds for all three combined!
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 22:39]

That may be the case, but I believe it is a standard thing adding on 30 seconds (which is why time wasting is then effective - take 1 min or more to get off and they are actually eating into time).

It would make more sense if every time there was a stoppage for the physio, substitution or a goal, the central clock was stopped and it was clear for all at all times how long was actually left. Other sports do that. However, that is far too simple for football.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 07:14 - Dec 16 with 5634 viewsCurrie10

What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 22:52 - Dec 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

That may be the case, but I believe it is a standard thing adding on 30 seconds (which is why time wasting is then effective - take 1 min or more to get off and they are actually eating into time).

It would make more sense if every time there was a stoppage for the physio, substitution or a goal, the central clock was stopped and it was clear for all at all times how long was actually left. Other sports do that. However, that is far too simple for football.

Quite right and 30 seconds a goal....

If you time a goal plus celebrations, often well over a minute...

Some players take forever walking off the pitch.

Injuries...

A lot of halves only have about 32 minutes actual footy.

No issue refs adding on a lot.

Should never be 2/3 mins a second half.
What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 07:27 - Dec 16 with 5590 viewsITFC_Forever

What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 07:14 - Dec 16 by Currie10

Injuries...

This.

Still amazes me how people don’t get this.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 08:22 - Dec 16 with 5402 viewsWickets

Pretty rare to have as much as 7 minutes of extra time and if there is 7 or more you always know why , some sort of long stoppage ect, but not this time. Not sure we did ourselves a favour by over celebrating our goal maybe that annoyed the officials, similar to Chambers goal at Carrot Rd ? . Sounds silly but after we scored the Ref seemed hell bent on getting Wigan a draw!!!!!
What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 08:42 - Dec 16 with 5328 viewsKropotkin123

Injuries...

Yeah, I saw an article once, where all the premiership games were timed for when the ball was in play. It came to about 60-70mins. So the argument was made that we make football 60mins long and stop the clock when the ball isn't in play, getting rid of extra time. Seemed sensible, but somewhat difficult to accept mentally.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 08:56 - Dec 16 with 5259 viewsWickets

Injuries...

All very true but why is this only implemented when Town are winning ! watch the Sky live matches today these guidelines , 30 seconds for this 30 seconds for that will not add up today !
What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 09:02 - Dec 16 with 5219 viewsBenno1960

"where are you? (hic) let's be having you"
What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 09:19 - Dec 16 with 5152 viewsEastTownBlue

What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 22:32 - Dec 15 by BLUEBEAT

I wonder whether he’ll get a slap on the wrist for that...?

The FA's punishment will be that we have to suffer Wayne Bavin forever more.
What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 10:36 - Dec 16 with 4936 viewsJ4ck22

What did Rob Chandler say over the tannoy? on 07:27 - Dec 16 by ITFC_Forever

This.

Still amazes me how people don’t get this.

Because it never happens. You'll only ever see longer than 4/5 minutes when there's been some sort of long stoppage like a bad injury, which didn't happen yesterday. If yesterday was correct then you'd be seeing 7 minutes added on pretty much every game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024