Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland documentary on Netflix 00:42 - Dec 16 with 7002 viewsHipsterectomy

Jonny Williams comes across as a really genuine guy. In one of the eps he visits a psychologists due to depression and talks about his injuries and his self doubt in his ability. He refers to a certain Mick McCarthy as one of his role models

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 10:20 - Dec 16 with 6329 viewsKeaneish

Great doc. Grabban comes across as a right pwick and easy to see why he’s such a journeyman.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 10:44 - Dec 16 with 6282 viewsRadlett_blue

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 10:20 - Dec 16 by Keaneish

Great doc. Grabban comes across as a right pwick and easy to see why he’s such a journeyman.

A "journeyman" who has scored 34 goals in his last 53 games.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 10:52 - Dec 16 with 6271 viewsKeaneish

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 10:44 - Dec 16 by Radlett_blue

A "journeyman" who has scored 34 goals in his last 53 games.

Not saying he’s not a decent player but his comments made him seem like a right primadonna not wanting to stay for the fight because he was getting subbed.

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 11:03 - Dec 16 with 6250 viewsHipsterectomy

Jack Rodwell for me, always on his phone, always making snarky comments and smirking at the camera etc. Claimed he was only interested in football then when given the chance to leave he refused to sit a few months on his £70k a week

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 11:04 - Dec 16 with 6244 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 10:52 - Dec 16 by Keaneish

Not saying he’s not a decent player but his comments made him seem like a right primadonna not wanting to stay for the fight because he was getting subbed.

It’s worked out really badly for him

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 13:51 - Dec 16 with 6117 viewsDarth_Koont

Yes, lots of little insights throughout and the portrait of Williams really showed the human, emotional side that can never be overcome by high wages and privileged status.

I watched the whole thing in two goes. Seemed particularly relevant to our situation and how a manager and squad find it difficult to turn a poor season around. But while we don't have the talent Sunderland had, you get the feeling that we're a squad with a better togetherness from Mick's time here and the similar focus from Lambert. That may not be enough (and we definitely need a couple of higher-quality players in January) but you got the feeling the Sunderland team were never really up for the fight as a group with players all heading in different directions in their career.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 14:57 - Dec 16 with 6064 viewsCurrie10

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 11:03 - Dec 16 by Hipsterectomy

Jack Rodwell for me, always on his phone, always making snarky comments and smirking at the camera etc. Claimed he was only interested in football then when given the chance to leave he refused to sit a few months on his £70k a week

Not his fault some idiot decided to pay him too much and Sunderland didn't have various clauses in there for the ££££ to go down.

Their own fault, and he's fully entitled to every penny of that wage.

Clubs need be a lot smarter, and accountable when handing out long contracts on big money.

Ie - if it was a 4 year deal - consider what COULD happen in 4 years.

Clubs are ran by idiots.
Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 17:01 - Dec 16 with 5984 viewsWD19

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 14:57 - Dec 16 by Currie10

Not his fault some idiot decided to pay him too much and Sunderland didn't have various clauses in there for the ££££ to go down.

Clubs need be a lot smarter, and accountable when handing out long contracts on big money.

Clubs are ran by idiots.

It’s not always out and out stupidity. Especially after seeing what has happened to other clubs.

Consider the scenario:

Chairman: We would love you to join us. You are the first vital piece of the managers plans. He has big plans and we will be strengthening the squad further.

Player: I am glad your ambitions match mine. I want to be winning silverware.

Chairman: Yes, we are very ambitious. Very. That said, we will be inserting a relegation clause just in case.

Player: erm.....no thanks.

<Repeat>
Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 17:28 - Dec 16 with 5932 viewsKeaneish

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 11:04 - Dec 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s worked out really badly for him

That’s the point. Look how it worked out for Sunderland. For a man of strong faith, he’s self centred.

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 17:36 - Dec 16 with 5923 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Haven't seen it but if he has spoken openly about seeking help for depression good on him. It is important mental illness is more openly spoken of and seeking help seen as a strength rather than a weakness.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 18:02 - Dec 16 with 5876 viewsDarth_Koont

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 10:52 - Dec 16 by Keaneish

His celebration when he then scored for Villa at the SoL was particularly charmless too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 19:38 - Dec 16 with 5759 viewsSlambo

Clubs are ran by idiots.

True, but it IS his fault to refuse to be bought out of his contract in order to get paid obscene money to sit around on his ar$e. He didn't even seem to care that he wasn't in contention of being picked to play. Can't really justify that kind of attitude...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 21:18 - Dec 16 with 5662 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Grabban will go down as a journeyman. Not one set of fans will remember much of his career five years after he packs it in. He could've become a Bournemouth great.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 00:22 - Dec 17 with 5545 viewsSpruceMoose

Only a couple of episodes in so far, Sunderland fans sure come across as numbskulls.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 00:43 - Dec 17 with 5529 viewsSpruceMoose

I also loled at the fan getting his Sunderland Legends sleeve tattoo, and the best he could come up with was Niall Quinn, Peter Reid and Kevin Phillips

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 07:18 - Dec 17 with 5434 viewsCurrie10

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 00:22 - Dec 17 by SpruceMoose

Only a couple of episodes in so far, Sunderland fans sure come across as numbskulls.

Is that a shock!?
Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 10:51 - Dec 17 with 5299 viewsSlambo

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 00:22 - Dec 17 by SpruceMoose

I was thinking the same thing. Keep banging on about how great their support is, then as soon as the go a goal down they're screaming at the players 'you're not fit to wear the shirt'. Time was we booed and jeered our players when things weren't going well, but starting to see a shift in the culture at PR...

UPPA TOWEN!

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 10:52 - Dec 17 with 5297 viewsKieran_Knows

Watched the first episode last night, so hoping to try catch up on the others this week.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 11:02 - Dec 17 with 5278 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 19:38 - Dec 16 by Slambo

True, but it IS his fault to refuse to be bought out of his contract in order to get paid obscene money to sit around on his ar$e. He didn't even seem to care that he wasn't in contention of being picked to play. Can't really justify that kind of attitude...

I mean, for the majority of people, if you earning £70k a week, you're not likely to accept an offer to be bought out of that contract are you? Especially when you know you will get a shred of that elsewhere.

Whilst it seems that he has an attitude issue, can't say i blame him much on that particular issue. Sunderlands fault for giving him such an obscene wage in the first place.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 13:38 - Dec 17 with 5129 viewsSpruceMoose

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 10:51 - Dec 17 by Slambo

I was thinking the same thing. Keep banging on about how great their support is, then as soon as the go a goal down they're screaming at the players 'you're not fit to wear the shirt'. Time was we booed and jeered our players when things weren't going well, but starting to see a shift in the culture at PR...

I imagine there's been a fair amount of editing licence taken with the episodes so far, but that scene was the one that cracked me up. Some twit with a bum fluff mustache giving it the biggun to the Sunderland players after a 3-3 draw. Something about going to the match seems to turn these pimply weaklings into even bigger bellends. Did enjoy the score flashing up after we tonked them though.

Bunch of deluded goons, is my impression so far.

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 13:39 - Dec 17 with 5126 viewsSlambo

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 11:02 - Dec 17 by JammyDodgerrr

I mean, for the majority of people, if you earning £70k a week, you're not likely to accept an offer to be bought out of that contract are you? Especially when you know you will get a shred of that elsewhere.

Whilst it seems that he has an attitude issue, can't say i blame him much on that particular issue. Sunderlands fault for giving him such an obscene wage in the first place.

Maybe not - it's easy to judge people from another vantage point and then watch our moral compass crumble as soon as we find ourselves in a similar situation! Nonetheless, if I found myself in a job that paid me well, but was not enough of a challenge, or not fulfilling, or offered no progression, i'm confident i'd look to get out of there as soon as possible, even if it meant taking a dramatic pay cut. Rodwell may or may not be acting immorally, but he's acting foolishly; he could have let himself be released, joined a top end Champ side for still good money and been able to rebuild his career with his reputation intact. As it stands, he'll linger at Sunderland for another year, surrounded by people that resent him, only to then find himself without a club at the end of the season and with even less a prospect of finding one...

UPPA TOWEN!

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 15:15 - Dec 17 with 5061 viewsSwailsey

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 13:39 - Dec 17 by Slambo

Maybe not - it's easy to judge people from another vantage point and then watch our moral compass crumble as soon as we find ourselves in a similar situation! Nonetheless, if I found myself in a job that paid me well, but was not enough of a challenge, or not fulfilling, or offered no progression, i'm confident i'd look to get out of there as soon as possible, even if it meant taking a dramatic pay cut. Rodwell may or may not be acting immorally, but he's acting foolishly; he could have let himself be released, joined a top end Champ side for still good money and been able to rebuild his career with his reputation intact. As it stands, he'll linger at Sunderland for another year, surrounded by people that resent him, only to then find himself without a club at the end of the season and with even less a prospect of finding one...

He signed for Blackburn! Was released in the summer apparently. Didn’t realise that!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 09:07 - Dec 18 with 4882 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 13:39 - Dec 17 by Slambo

Yeah, i get you and i understand, i'm ambitious too and i hate being bored so would drive me crazy. But i can see his side too.

He also signed for Blackburn in the summer and is currently playing regularly, so it hasn't hit him too bad.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 09:28 - Dec 18 with 4860 viewstractordownsouth

Clubs are ran by idiots.

I get that point, but equally he was given a contract to actually play football, which he wasn't doing, he was just sat on his arse. A contract is a 2 way street, he shouldn't just be entitled to his 70k a week when he isn't working/ injured.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 12:05 - Dec 18 with 4794 viewsSpruceMoose

Sunderland documentary on Netflix on 09:28 - Dec 18 by tractordownsouth

I get that point, but equally he was given a contract to actually play football, which he wasn't doing, he was just sat on his arse. A contract is a 2 way street, he shouldn't just be entitled to his 70k a week when he isn't working/ injured.

What's the back story as I genuinely don't know. Was he on strike or was he just not getting picked? Arsing about in training so he wasn't match fit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024