Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd 18:10 - Dec 16 with 6623 viewsIllinoisblue

Half a BILLION spent on that squad and they can barely manage a shot on target. Beautiful.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 18:31 - Dec 16 with 6144 viewsWD19

It’s a real fairytale story watching them beaten by a club that has a squad only worth £820m.
How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 18:42 - Dec 16 with 6086 viewsWestover

Wonderful 😂
How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 18:45 - Dec 16 with 6082 viewsmonytowbray

I know it’s all relative, but what I’d do to be 6th in the PL at Christmas.

I have two Arsenal fans who complain a lot at my work. I’m like “I SUPPORT IPSWICH, SHUT THE F*CK UP!”

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 19:02 - Dec 16 with 6026 viewsFtnfwest

There’s nothing quite like watching one group of expensive foreign players beating another group of expensive foreign players
How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 19:17 - Dec 16 with 5973 viewsMattinLondon

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 19:02 - Dec 16 by Ftnfwest

There’s nothing quite like watching one group of expensive foreign players beating another group of expensive foreign players

Anyone would think that football is a global sport.
How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 20:01 - Dec 16 with 5835 viewsFtnfwest

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 19:17 - Dec 16 by MattinLondon

‘You dirty multicultural b***ards!’?
How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 21:32 - Dec 16 with 5678 viewsCoastalblue

It does go to show that budget isn't the be all and end all, even if it is an important part.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 21:48 - Dec 16 with 5648 viewsTrequartista

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 19:17 - Dec 16 by MattinLondon

There should be some identity in a national league though. The Premier League is a world all-star league that just happens to be located in England.

Hopefully when we are no longer bound by EU rules, we can implement a minimum amount of British players being selected so some of the superb talent we have coming through doesn't get wasted playing a handful of Carabao Cup games per season.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 21:51 - Dec 16 with 5635 viewsWD19

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 21:48 - Dec 16 by Trequartista

There should be some identity in a national league though. The Premier League is a world all-star league that just happens to be located in England.

Hopefully when we are no longer bound by EU rules, we can implement a minimum amount of British players being selected so some of the superb talent we have coming through doesn't get wasted playing a handful of Carabao Cup games per season.

I was watching a game a week or two back and the Sky commentators got all self congratulatory about how nice it was to see a premier league game finish with 7 Englishmen on the pitch.

Yay!! One team has managed to muster 3 Englishmen and the other 4. Yay.
How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 21:51 - Dec 16 with 5634 viewsMelford

It's more about the decline of Mourinho, he's like a shadow of his former self like the team is a shadow of what his teams used to be. He's spunked untold millions up the wall on crap and whinges in public on not being allowed to spend more and get better players in when the players he's throwing under the bus and need replacing were his signings the year before.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 21:53 - Dec 16 with 5636 viewsTrequartista

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 21:51 - Dec 16 by WD19

I was watching a game a week or two back and the Sky commentators got all self congratulatory about how nice it was to see a premier league game finish with 7 Englishmen on the pitch.

I remember Liverpool in their heyday had 1 Englishman in starting line-up (Steve McMahon) but 10 from the British Isles.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 21:54]

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 21:54 - Dec 16 with 5624 viewsMullet

Work is going to be unbearable this week.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 21:56 - Dec 16 with 5609 viewsWD19

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 21:53 - Dec 16 by Trequartista

I remember Liverpool in their heyday had 1 Englishman in starting line-up (Steve McMahon) but 10 from the British Isles.

Are you including Rhodesia or summink!?!
How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 22:38 - Dec 16 with 5509 viewsTrequartista

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 21:56 - Dec 16 by WD19

Are you including Rhodesia or summink!?!

Yes Grobbelaar was the only 'foreigner' pre-Molby i think. Johnston was usually on the bench.

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 22:43 - Dec 16 with 5496 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I'd still rather have Manchester United over Liverpool any day.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 22:52 - Dec 16 with 5468 viewsFtnfwest

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 21:53 - Dec 16 by Trequartista

and Lawrenson.
How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 23:12 - Dec 16 with 5422 viewsMattinLondon

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 21:48 - Dec 16 by Trequartista

Don’t you think that such talent learns from players from all over the globe? Also why British? I’m a footballing sense a Scottish or Welsh player is as foreign as an Italian or German.

So post- Brexit British clubs will be limited in who they wish to sign but European clubs can sign whoever they wish.
How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 23:17 - Dec 16 with 5404 viewsFreddies_Ears

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 23:12 - Dec 16 by MattinLondon

Don’t you think that such talent learns from players from all over the globe? Also why British? I’m a footballing sense a Scottish or Welsh player is as foreign as an Italian or German.

So post- Brexit British clubs will be limited in who they wish to sign but European clubs can sign whoever they wish.

I suspect that most footballers will be earning above the £30k a year threshold that is being arbitrarily set to keep people out. Still, who needs nurses or care workers?
How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 23:38 - Dec 16 with 5376 viewsMVBlue

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 21:51 - Dec 16 by WD19

Manchester City regurlarly turn out a squad of entirely non-British first 11 players. Chelsea the same. Football really has changed in 20 years, the club identities. Folk used to mention the fact that there was a minimum number of British players required by the league.

Personally I find I prefer watching Totenham and Liverpool with their British contingent. I thought a good mix of both was always best.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 23:38]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 23:46 - Dec 16 with 5358 viewssparks

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 23:38 - Dec 16 by MVBlue

Manchester City regurlarly turn out a squad of entirely non-British first 11 players. Chelsea the same. Football really has changed in 20 years, the club identities. Folk used to mention the fact that there was a minimum number of British players required by the league.

Personally I find I prefer watching Totenham and Liverpool with their British contingent. I thought a good mix of both was always best.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 23:38]

City do nothing of the sort. They invariably include sterling stones and walker.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 05:12 - Dec 17 with 5216 viewsBenters2

Its a shame the owners didnt read this forum,they would have known that spending money doesnt work.

See Derby and Leeds.
How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 07:28 - Dec 17 with 5134 viewsITFC_Forever

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 22:52 - Dec 16 by Ftnfwest

and Lawrenson.

Lawrenson was from Lancashire.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 08:23 - Dec 17 with 5060 viewsitfcjoe

I used to have a real soft spot for United in the Fergie days when they played brilliant exciting football, with a load of English players in the team with Class of '92 etc.

Now I can barely watch them, they are absolutely dire and have been really since Fergie left.

The lack of direction from the powers that be at their club when you see what has gone on the other side of the City is ridiculous - they need Morunho out ASAP too, bloke is an absolute melt

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 09:16 - Dec 17 with 4955 viewsKeno

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 07:28 - Dec 17 by ITFC_Forever

Lawrenson was from Lancashire.

is that a small village in county Wexford?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 09:17 - Dec 17 with 4951 viewsSuperblue95

How pleasing to see the decline of Man Utd on 22:43 - Dec 16 by The_Last_Baron

I'd still rather have Manchester United over Liverpool any day.

Same. I get that people take glee in watching United suffer as they dominated everything (domestically at least) for 20 years but besides that they are still a much more likeable club than Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024