Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... 19:37 - Dec 16 with 3928 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Europe says Oxi......
France, Belgium , Budapest.....
https://en-gb.facebook.com/EuropeSaysOXI/videos/2203604543211167/?ref=tahoe
https://en-gb.facebook.com/EuropeSaysOXI/
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 19:41]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 20:10 - Dec 16 with 3828 viewsMattinLondon

Facebook is usually such a good news source.
So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 20:11 - Dec 16 with 3831 viewsGeoffSentence

It seems that you need a bit of violence for The Man to pay attention to protesters though.

Perhaps the climate change people can take that on board.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 20:17 - Dec 16 with 3814 viewsMattinLondon

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 20:11 - Dec 16 by GeoffSentence

It seems that you need a bit of violence for The Man to pay attention to protesters though.

Release a few polar bears onto the streets until he sorts out the environment. That should work.
So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 21:12 - Dec 16 with 3727 viewsThe_Last_Baron

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 20:11 - Dec 16 by GeoffSentence

The end game is approaching. The items who've peddled the lies of climate change and promoted globalisation are about to face the consequences of their actions.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 21:21 - Dec 16 with 3705 viewsRyorry

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 21:12 - Dec 16 by The_Last_Baron

The end game is approaching. The items who've peddled the lies of climate change and promoted globalisation are about to face the consequences of their actions.

The end of the world is nigh. Only this time, it potentially really is.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 22:15 - Dec 16 with 3634 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Does seem to be the case to get some passing interest as long as it is in a capital city for journalists' ease of access!

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 22:19 - Dec 16 with 3619 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 21:21 - Dec 16 by Ryorry

The end of the world is nigh. Only this time, it potentially really is.

Banking bail out has worked out well hasn't it!

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 22:27 - Dec 16 with 3600 viewsm14_blue

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 21:12 - Dec 16 by The_Last_Baron

Do you not believe in climate change?
Login to get fewer ads

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 22:33 - Dec 16 with 3587 viewsThe_Last_Baron

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 22:27 - Dec 16 by m14_blue

Do you not believe in climate change?

The climate changes, always has, always will.

The climate change crew used to harp on about 'global warming' until it was pointed out to them that the average temperature was dropping. Then they ramped up the 'climate change' talk. It's a con to make money through taxes and idiots take it all on board.

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 23:26 - Dec 16 with 3531 viewsMVBlue

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 22:33 - Dec 16 by The_Last_Baron

The climate change crew used to harp on about 'global warming' until it was pointed out to them that the average temperature was dropping. Then they ramped up the 'climate change' talk. It's a con to make money through taxes and idiots take it all on board.

If you study Geography at higher than GCSE level, understand the Meteorological patterns of the world, understand the observations of established, qualified scientists such as David Attenborough, qualified in Natural Science and Brian Cox professor in Physics, then you would not make ignorant statements such as Donald Trump does. If you can follow that human population in Asia has increased and industrialised massively in the last 40 years, causing huge change in environments through ground clearance, waste product and air pollution then you wouldn't ignore the effects on a precious ecosystem that results from such vast human factors. If you followed changes in the Greenland Ice sheet, the Alaskan melt, the acceleration in the Antarctic melt and the migration patterns of birds and sea mammals you wouldn't ignore the risks.

But the modern fake news agenda makes some folk feel the need to make grand wild unqualified anti-science statements like that posted which read like bullsh*t.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 23:29]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 23:41 - Dec 16 with 3500 viewssparks

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 22:33 - Dec 16 by The_Last_Baron

Simply untrue.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 23:43 - Dec 16 with 3498 viewsm14_blue

You think only idiots believe in man made climate change? That’s a pretty strong word to use for the absolutely overwhelming majority of the cleverest scientists on the planet.

Unless they are all part of some global conspiracy, but that would require some off the scale tin foil hattery to believe that.

The only other option is that you know better than them, I’d be interested to know your pedigree and see your workings.
So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 23:43 - Dec 16 with 3497 viewsSuperfrans

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 23:41 - Dec 16 by sparks

Simply untrue.

The ignorance, in the face of all evidence, is breath-taking. I really do wonder what motivates this kind of flat earth thinking. There is just no logic to it.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 23:44 - Dec 16 with 3494 viewsSuperfrans

Do you also believe the earth is flat?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 23:51 - Dec 16 with 3482 viewsm14_blue

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 23:43 - Dec 16 by Superfrans

The ignorance, in the face of all evidence, is breath-taking. I really do wonder what motivates this kind of flat earth thinking. There is just no logic to it.

Once again, Asimov’s quote is more relevant than ever, in the days of fake news, social media, glib memes and unscrupulous politicians looking to pray on the ignorant.

‘The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”’
So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 00:11 - Dec 17 with 3453 viewsBinner

You are plain wrong. And anyway, I'd rather put my trust in genuine experts rather than some apophenic fool on a football message board.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 06:13 - Dec 17 with 3361 viewsThe_Last_Baron

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 00:11 - Dec 17 by Binner

You are plain wrong. And anyway, I'd rather put my trust in genuine experts rather than some apophenic fool on a football message board.

Sorry if I upset you with my view. Some people find it difficult to comprehend people having an alternative point of view. I'd wager I'm right.

I love the way it's now 'man made' climate change since it has been pointed out that the climate has always changed. The Sun is responsible for our climate. Not the newspaper, the yellow star in the sky which gives us the energy and heat we need to live.

I will always question what government sponsored scientists may say. Many independent scientists would agree with the way I see this issue.

When people's livelihoods depend on them having a certain opinion, it's likely they'll conform.

Good to see the French revolt against the green tax Macron tried to hammer them with. Just shows what can be done when people come together and stand up to these pigs.

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 06:38 - Dec 17 with 3331 viewsBenters2

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 06:13 - Dec 17 by The_Last_Baron

Sorry if I upset you with my view. Some people find it difficult to comprehend people having an alternative point of view. I'd wager I'm right.

I love the way it's now 'man made' climate change since it has been pointed out that the climate has always changed. The Sun is responsible for our climate. Not the newspaper, the yellow star in the sky which gives us the energy and heat we need to live.

I will always question what government sponsored scientists may say. Many independent scientists would agree with the way I see this issue.

When people's livelihoods depend on them having a certain opinion, it's likely they'll conform.

Good to see the French revolt against the green tax Macron tried to hammer them with. Just shows what can be done when people come together and stand up to these pigs.

I make you right.
So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 06:53 - Dec 17 with 3313 viewsDanTheMan

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 06:13 - Dec 17 by The_Last_Baron

"Sorry if I upset you with my view. Some people find it difficult to comprehend people having an alternative point of view. I'd wager I'm right. "

The earth being flat is also an alternative view based on lousy science. It does not mean that it is an opinion that is worth anything, much like this one. Trying to make out that your view is equal is just a bad faith argument.

"I love the way it's now 'man made' climate change since it has been pointed out that the climate has always changed. The Sun is responsible for our climate. Not the newspaper, the yellow star in the sky which gives us the energy and heat we need to live. "

And another lousy argument. Yes, climate has always changed, and equally that chnage is driven by other things. In this case the incredibly fast rate of change has been caused by us. All other drivers have been ruled out as they do not account for what we are seeing.

"I will always question what government sponsored scientists may say. Many independent scientists would agree with the way I see this issue. "

Whilst questioning is good, you appear to be wilfully ignoring the vast majority of scientists who agree with what is happening. That we are changing the climate and doing little to reverse the damage we are doing.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 07:01 - Dec 17 with 3294 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 06:53 - Dec 17 by DanTheMan

"Sorry if I upset you with my view. Some people find it difficult to comprehend people having an alternative point of view. I'd wager I'm right. "

The earth being flat is also an alternative view based on lousy science. It does not mean that it is an opinion that is worth anything, much like this one. Trying to make out that your view is equal is just a bad faith argument.

"I love the way it's now 'man made' climate change since it has been pointed out that the climate has always changed. The Sun is responsible for our climate. Not the newspaper, the yellow star in the sky which gives us the energy and heat we need to live. "

And another lousy argument. Yes, climate has always changed, and equally that chnage is driven by other things. In this case the incredibly fast rate of change has been caused by us. All other drivers have been ruled out as they do not account for what we are seeing.

"I will always question what government sponsored scientists may say. Many independent scientists would agree with the way I see this issue. "

Whilst questioning is good, you appear to be wilfully ignoring the vast majority of scientists who agree with what is happening. That we are changing the climate and doing little to reverse the damage we are doing.

.......however is the answer carbon tax credits and making a whole new range of stuff. We undoubtedly have the ability to make cars etc that could last years and years yet the quest for growth means we do not. (The peugeot 1.9 diesel engine is s wonderful thing!)

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 07:19 - Dec 17 with 3265 viewsWeekender

An example of what Stokie pointed out the other day. Someone who thinks their uneducated opinion has as much validity as evidence based analysis by expert scientists.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 7:23]

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 07:24 - Dec 17 with 3249 viewsWeekender

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 06:38 - Dec 17 by Benters2

I make you right.

There’s a surprise!

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 11:48 - Dec 17 with 3125 viewsRyorry

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 23:43 - Dec 16 by Superfrans

I'd say that given this is TWTD, he's just a troll on a grand day out of wind-uppery.
What really shocks me tho is that irl, one of my best friends, an otherwise highly intelligent man of same age as me, who used to be in top job of insurance compliance, also holds this view (it's based on sun activity - spots, flares etc - apparently there's one scientist who holds this view). We've had to agree to disagree and never discuss it further, or we'd simply not be mates any more!

So much that you aren't seeing on the BBC etc..... on 13:30 - Dec 17 with 3050 viewsRyorry

Chris Patten on R4 World At One yesterday is really worth listening to re Brexit.

Will try to find it on iPlayer later if no one else has, not got time right now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024