Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of relegation 08:20 - Dec 17 with 4947 viewssuffolkpoker

I can us getting out of relegation by the end of January. With our fixtures, form and most importantly having the Transfer window.

With our run of games coming up... it seems we are meeting teams this month with bad form and we are playing teams around us next month.

So i predict us getting 4 out of 9 points in December and 7 or 9 out of 12 in January.

December Fixtures

H Sheffield United
A QPR
A Middlesbrough

January Fixtures

H Millwall
H Rotherham
A Blackburn
A Aston Villa

There are lots of capable points.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Out of relegation on 09:12 - Dec 17 with 3759 viewsIpswichKnight

We will be lucky to get 1 point out of those December fixtures. January on the other hand I can see us winning our home games and getting a point at either Blackburn or Villa.
Out of relegation on 09:15 - Dec 17 with 3742 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Out of relegation on 09:12 - Dec 17 by IpswichKnight

We will be lucky to get 1 point out of those December fixtures. January on the other hand I can see us winning our home games and getting a point at either Blackburn or Villa.

Agreed......5 points.
More than happy to be proved as wrong as possible.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 9:16]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Out of relegation on 09:17 - Dec 17 with 3733 viewsHerbivore

Let's not get carried away. We scraped a rather fortuitous 1-0 win over a poor Wigan side but we still looked pretty terrible ourselves for most of the game and unless performances improve we're going to struggle to pick up further wins. Hopefully the win will give us a bit of confidence, we've played better than the Wigan game under Lambert so it's not inconceivable that performances pick up but we just don't know yet. 4 points from December is optimistic and there won't be any new bodies in for the Millwall game. If we get out of it then I suspect it's going to be later than January and probably by the skin of our teeth.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Out of relegation on 09:25 - Dec 17 with 3694 viewsCurrie10

Christ alive can people calm down a little.

We've won 2 all season, and around 4 in 32.
Out of relegation on 09:27 - Dec 17 with 3696 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. It’s nearly Christmas and we’ve just won our 2nd game of the season! If we’re out of it by May I’ll be delighted.
Out of relegation on 09:32 - Dec 17 with 3663 viewsPinewoodblue

Out of relegation on 09:27 - Dec 17 by OsmansCleanSheet

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. It’s nearly Christmas and we’ve just won our 2nd game of the season! If we’re out of it by May I’ll be delighted.

Hope we are out of it by May as Blades away and Leeds at home for be on Sky..

On the subject of Sky with mid week games bring on the red button is that likely to include boxing day fixtures?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Out of relegation on 09:34 - Dec 17 with 3654 viewsIpswichKnight

Out of relegation on 09:15 - Dec 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

Agreed......5 points.
More than happy to be proved as wrong as possible.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 9:16]

Same here, would be thrilled if we pick up another win between now and January, can see us picking up a bit in January if we get reinforcements in early.
Out of relegation on 09:41 - Dec 17 with 3631 viewsGuthrum

I can see us getting maybe 7 or 8 points out of all that lot, but with the form of the teams above Town, it could see us at least caught up by the end of January, probably off the bottom of the table, too.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Out of relegation on 09:47 - Dec 17 with 3612 viewsSomethingBlue

I have a fairly strong sense that we will eventually get out of it, but nowhere near as soon as you suggest. Anything we get from the next three games is, realistically, fairly unexpected so that will pin a lot on Millwall/Rotherham. That double-header may turn out in the long run to be pretty decisive and if we can do the required job it would be an enormous boost.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 9:50]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Out of relegation on 09:58 - Dec 17 with 3567 viewsGuthrum

Out of relegation on 09:17 - Dec 17 by Herbivore

Let's not get carried away. We scraped a rather fortuitous 1-0 win over a poor Wigan side but we still looked pretty terrible ourselves for most of the game and unless performances improve we're going to struggle to pick up further wins. Hopefully the win will give us a bit of confidence, we've played better than the Wigan game under Lambert so it's not inconceivable that performances pick up but we just don't know yet. 4 points from December is optimistic and there won't be any new bodies in for the Millwall game. If we get out of it then I suspect it's going to be later than January and probably by the skin of our teeth.

Tho Preston have shown already what putting together an unbeaten run (with a couple of wins) can achieve - bottom at the end of September to safety by the time they played us a month later. Hull similarly from mid October onwards (even overcoming a couple of defeats in there).

Extra confidence has probably a more significant impact in avoiding defeat than in getting victory (which requires technical ability as well). Self belief leads to tough defending.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 10:01]

Out of relegation on 10:04 - Dec 17 with 3534 viewsHerbivore

Out of relegation on 09:58 - Dec 17 by Guthrum

Tho Preston have shown already what putting together an unbeaten run (with a couple of wins) can achieve - bottom at the end of September to safety by the time they played us a month later. Hull similarly from mid October onwards (even overcoming a couple of defeats in there).

Extra confidence has probably a more significant impact in avoiding defeat than in getting victory (which requires technical ability as well). Self belief leads to tough defending.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 10:01]

True, but as yet we aren't on a run and in truth don't really look capable of one. That said, though, getting that win under our belt could be transformative and if we could pick something up against the scum of the north this weekend it might act as a springboard to close the gap quickly. Poor as we were for much of Saturday I don't think we're a million miles away from being decent. We badly need a proper presence up front but even adding just that would make a huge difference. Another wide option would be nice too, either an attacking full back or a winger.

Out of relegation on 10:10 - Dec 17 with 3495 viewsNo9

There is still more than half the season to go
Out of relegation on 10:11 - Dec 17 with 3501 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Out of relegation on 10:04 - Dec 17 by Herbivore

True, but as yet we aren't on a run and in truth don't really look capable of one. That said, though, getting that win under our belt could be transformative and if we could pick something up against the scum of the north this weekend it might act as a springboard to close the gap quickly. Poor as we were for much of Saturday I don't think we're a million miles away from being decent. We badly need a proper presence up front but even adding just that would make a huge difference. Another wide option would be nice too, either an attacking full back or a winger.

Found it odd Harrison not even involved at the weekend - he's surely just a better natural option than Roberts there and would be a great foil to get on the end of Roberts playing out wide and swinging those crosses in as he does so well.

I don't see us getting any points out of those December games to be honest, but can see us coming close in the January games - except Villa who will likely tear us to pieces.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Out of relegation on 10:19 - Dec 17 with 3482 viewsGuthrum

Out of relegation on 10:04 - Dec 17 by Herbivore

Those are, for me, the two crucial signings in January.

I'm not convinced we can beat Sheff U yet, but perhaps manage a draw. Plus Boro are staggering a bit at the moment, possibly snatch a point there, too, to set us up nicely for Millwall at home. That could well be erring on the optimistic side, but not totally unrealistic given defeats under Lambert have only come against three of currently the strongest sides in the division, plus the error-stricken Bristol game.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 10:22]

Out of relegation on 10:21 - Dec 17 with 3473 viewsGuthrum

Out of relegation on 10:11 - Dec 17 by JammyDodgerrr

Found it odd Harrison not even involved at the weekend - he's surely just a better natural option than Roberts there and would be a great foil to get on the end of Roberts playing out wide and swinging those crosses in as he does so well.

I don't see us getting any points out of those December games to be honest, but can see us coming close in the January games - except Villa who will likely tear us to pieces.

Harrison may have fallen victim to the bug which was going around the squad. Plus he is still only just coming back from injury.

Out of relegation on 10:25 - Dec 17 with 3450 viewsHerbivore

Out of relegation on 10:19 - Dec 17 by Guthrum

Those are, for me, the two crucial signings in January.

I'm not convinced we can beat Sheff U yet, but perhaps manage a draw. Plus Boro are staggering a bit at the moment, possibly snatch a point there, too, to set us up nicely for Millwall at home. That could well be erring on the optimistic side, but not totally unrealistic given defeats under Lambert have only come against three of currently the strongest sides in the division, plus the error-stricken Bristol game.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 10:22]

Bristol City was the real sickened, we didn't really deserve to lose that game. They were pretty awful and we somehow contrived to gift them three really poor goals. Had we defended remotely competently we'd only be 2 points off safety right now and feeling pretty confident about staying up. Fine margins. Like you, I think a point on Saturday is achievable and would be a decent result. I'm less confident we can get anything at QPR or Boro, neither are happy hunting grounds for us and I think they have a bit too much for us.

Out of relegation on 10:26 - Dec 17 with 3444 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Out of relegation on 10:21 - Dec 17 by Guthrum

Harrison may have fallen victim to the bug which was going around the squad. Plus he is still only just coming back from injury.

Yeah, that's what i assumed. Otherwise you'd think he'd get twenty minutes to help step up the recovery.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Out of relegation on 10:31 - Dec 17 with 3413 viewsGuthrum

Out of relegation on 10:25 - Dec 17 by Herbivore

Bristol City was the real sickened, we didn't really deserve to lose that game. They were pretty awful and we somehow contrived to gift them three really poor goals. Had we defended remotely competently we'd only be 2 points off safety right now and feeling pretty confident about staying up. Fine margins. Like you, I think a point on Saturday is achievable and would be a decent result. I'm less confident we can get anything at QPR or Boro, neither are happy hunting grounds for us and I think they have a bit too much for us.

I remember the Boro away game in April 2016 when we fought tooth-and-nail against a much superior side to a 0 - 0 draw.

Out of relegation on 10:35 - Dec 17 with 3392 viewsHerbivore

Out of relegation on 10:31 - Dec 17 by Guthrum

I remember the Boro away game in April 2016 when we fought tooth-and-nail against a much superior side to a 0 - 0 draw.

I'd take that again in a heartbeat.

Out of relegation on 10:43 - Dec 17 with 3365 viewssuffolkpoker

Out of relegation on 09:17 - Dec 17 by Herbivore

We wasn't favourites against Wigan. We was 3.40 at home. I cant recall Wigans but mid 2's i would thought given our form.

Winning breeds confidence and our form has been good but results have been poor.
Now we have won i think we will carry that momentum forward

on 10:44 - Dec 17 with 3356 views_

Out of relegation on 10:50 - Dec 17 with 3351 viewsGuthrum

Another thing which I can see being different to the aftermath of Swansea is that I doubt Lambert will make significant changes to the team for the following match, given his consistency of selection so far.

Out of relegation on 10:55 - Dec 17 with 3330 viewsIpswichKnight

Out of relegation on 10:50 - Dec 17 by Guthrum

Another thing which I can see being different to the aftermath of Swansea is that I doubt Lambert will make significant changes to the team for the following match, given his consistency of selection so far.

agreed, I can't see us making many changes unless injury or illness forces our hand.
Out of relegation on 11:17 - Dec 17 with 3261 viewssuffolkpoker

Out of relegation on 10:55 - Dec 17 by IpswichKnight

agreed, I can't see us making many changes unless injury or illness forces our hand.

Lambert likes continuity. Surely he wont change a winning side unless his hand is forced.

Out of relegation on 11:28 - Dec 17 with 3245 viewsRegencyBlue

Form?

We were the best of two very poor sides on Saturday and got lucky with a deflected goal. Not complaining about that at all because any points we get, however we get them, are vital at this time but I wouldnt be drawing any conclusions regarding form from that!

We are right in it and in the event we do manage to survive it will go right to the wire.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024