Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Note to any wordpress users 17:04 - Dec 17 with 661 viewsgiant_stow

be really careful about updating to version 5 - it includes the new text editor you've probably heard about, called Guttenberg.

I installed away and couldn;t edit any pages or posts - if it happens to you, i fixed it by reverting to the old editor via a plugin called classic editor

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Note to any wordpress users on 17:26 - Dec 17 with 630 viewsBurwell_Blue

Not had any issues with Guttenberg, but then I use a couple of themes that site 'within' WP so I don't tend to use it in the normal way.
Note to any wordpress users on 17:29 - Dec 17 with 622 viewsfooters

Our current site doesn't use WP so am unaware of the update. What are the issues, ulla? Just a buggy version? We're looking to build more sites quite soon and I'd prefer WP as my CMS.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Note to any wordpress users on 17:30 - Dec 17 with 620 viewsgiant_stow

Note to any wordpress users on 17:26 - Dec 17 by Burwell_Blue

Not had any issues with Guttenberg, but then I use a couple of themes that site 'within' WP so I don't tend to use it in the normal way.

Fair dos and well avoided.

Not exactly a popular change in the wp world, from what I can see. Just added my voice to the dissenters as of today!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Note to any wordpress users on 17:34 - Dec 17 with 615 viewsgiant_stow

Note to any wordpress users on 17:29 - Dec 17 by footers

Our current site doesn't use WP so am unaware of the update. What are the issues, ulla? Just a buggy version? We're looking to build more sites quite soon and I'd prefer WP as my CMS.

People seem to hate it for being over-complicated and different. It works by arranging everything in content 'blocks' (their term) rather than just having a flow of text per page.

WP had been trialling it as a stand alone plugin, but now it comes as part of the update to WP v5.

I had no strong vibes until today - took me ages to track down what had broken the backend (perhaps embarrassingly!). Anyway, installing that classic editor fixed it so maybe an easy enough process as long as you know whats coming.

Check out the anger on the fix plugin's reviews: https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor/
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 17:35]

Note to any wordpress users on 17:38 - Dec 17 with 601 viewsfooters

Note to any wordpress users on 17:34 - Dec 17 by giant_stow

People seem to hate it for being over-complicated and different. It works by arranging everything in content 'blocks' (their term) rather than just having a flow of text per page.

WP had been trialling it as a stand alone plugin, but now it comes as part of the update to WP v5.

I had no strong vibes until today - took me ages to track down what had broken the backend (perhaps embarrassingly!). Anyway, installing that classic editor fixed it so maybe an easy enough process as long as you know whats coming.

Check out the anger on the fix plugin's reviews: https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor/
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 17:35]

Nice one, ta. Don't get why they'd radically change something most people find very easy to use. Sounds a bit like Medium or something, what they're aiming for.

So long as I can still use classic it's golden!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024