Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CCV update 21:51 - Dec 17 with 13512 viewslinhdi

An ITK on a Spurs site has said that Spurs are in discussions with Swansea about cutting CCV's loan short, to enable him to rejoin Ipswich. Source is generally accurate.

Bring it on.
CCV update on 21:58 - Dec 17 with 9239 viewsPhilTWTD

Very much in line with my whisper. Cheers.
Obviously a decent addition.... on 21:59 - Dec 17 with 9242 viewsBloots

....but he'd probably have to start, given the reason he's potentially being recalled.

Does he start ahead of Pennington?

I guess so.

But there are areas where we have a more pressing need, IMHO.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Obviously a decent addition.... on 22:01 - Dec 17 with 9200 viewsWD19

Obviously a decent addition.... on 21:59 - Dec 17 by Bloots

....but he'd probably have to start, given the reason he's potentially being recalled.

I guess so.

Start him up front. The new Paul Warhurst.....but without greasy hair.
Obviously a decent addition.... on 22:02 - Dec 17 with 9195 viewsKieran_Knows

I guess so.

You’d think so, unless Lambert is tempted in to going 3 at the back?

I get the impression if CCV does join, it might mean Donaciens permit is close to being confirmed, which will enable Lambert to loan either him or Nsiala out for the rest of the season?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Obviously a decent addition.... on 22:02 - Dec 17 with 9195 viewsSitfcB

I guess so.

Maybe Pennington will be shoved out at RB?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Possible, I guess.... on 22:03 - Dec 17 with 9175 viewsBloots

Obviously a decent addition.... on 22:02 - Dec 17 by SitfcB

Maybe Pennington will be shoved out at RB?

....or Chambo?

For a laugh.

Mick out.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Obviously a decent addition.... on 22:04 - Dec 17 with 9170 viewsPJH

I guess so.

CCV is a class act but I would say that Pennington (when played central rather than RB) is our most consistent player this season.
Chambo is not going to be left out so that suggests either three at the back, which is not a Paul Lambert thing, or Chambo at RB.
Would not want Pennington at RB but whatever PL has got in mind it will be fine with me(and probably fine with ME).

Certainly not where we need recruits the most but also certainly a very good and experienced (for his age) player.
Obviously a decent addition.... on 22:10 - Dec 17 with 9121 viewsreusersfreekicks

I guess so.

I think a quality centre half is our second highest need after a forward. Chambers is better along side a more domineering centre half than Pennington. Plus Pennington has tendency to lose his man in the box.
Login to get fewer ads

Obviously a decent addition.... on 22:15 - Dec 17 with 9076 viewsDubtractor

I guess so.

This is my thinking.

He will improve us, but I'm not convinced that CB is the position we most need better players.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

CCV update on 22:18 - Dec 17 with 9040 viewsMelford

CCV update on 21:58 - Dec 17 by PhilTWTD

Didn't that happen when we signed him first time around? Season-long loan at Sheff Utd that got cut short wasn't it?

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

CCV update on 22:24 - Dec 17 with 8978 viewsPhilTWTD

CCV update on 22:18 - Dec 17 by Melford

Didn't that happen when we signed him first time around? Season-long loan at Sheff Utd that got cut short wasn't it?

Indeed.
Obviously a decent addition.... on 22:31 - Dec 17 with 8940 viewsbluefunk

Obviously a decent addition.... on 22:04 - Dec 17 by PJH

CCV is a class act but I would say that Pennington (when played central rather than RB) is our most consistent player this season.
Chambo is not going to be left out so that suggests either three at the back, which is not a Paul Lambert thing, or Chambo at RB.
Would not want Pennington at RB but whatever PL has got in mind it will be fine with me(and probably fine with ME).

Certainly not where we need recruits the most but also certainly a very good and experienced (for his age) player.

Sorry but Pennington isn’t anywhere close to being the player CCV is. While his commitment isn’t in doubt, nor his enthusiasm, he is too often caught out of position (hence those flying blocks) and with CCV beside him Chambers will be much more comfortable.

I doubt Lambert is going to contemplate 3 at the back, as you say, because we do up the have the wing backs, especially on the right, and Pennington isn’t good enough going forward to solve that. Maybe his loan will be cut short, as long as we get the right men in
Obviously a decent addition.... on 22:34 - Dec 17 with 8914 viewshoppy

Obviously a decent addition.... on 22:15 - Dec 17 by Dubtractor

This is my thinking.

He will improve us, but I'm not convinced that CB is the position we most need better players.

Agree with you it's not the most pressing, but given this will be our last chance to make additions in January, should anything happen to Chambers or Pennington - suspension or injury, and we're suddenly threadbare, so I'd say give Lambert the selection headache of who to leave out until such a time, if it happens, rather than have a headache of who to put in.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Obviously a decent addition.... on 22:35 - Dec 17 with 8896 viewsSwansea_Blue

I guess so.

Definitely starts ahead of Pennington for me. Penington’s got the positional discipline of Drissa Diallo on acid.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Obviously a decent addition.... on 09:21 - Dec 18 with 8406 viewsPJH

Obviously a decent addition.... on 22:31 - Dec 17 by bluefunk

Sorry but Pennington isn’t anywhere close to being the player CCV is. While his commitment isn’t in doubt, nor his enthusiasm, he is too often caught out of position (hence those flying blocks) and with CCV beside him Chambers will be much more comfortable.

I doubt Lambert is going to contemplate 3 at the back, as you say, because we do up the have the wing backs, especially on the right, and Pennington isn’t good enough going forward to solve that. Maybe his loan will be cut short, as long as we get the right men in

I agree that CCV is a class above Pennington but I think that Pennington is playing relatively well in central defence. Nobody is yet having a "good" season but I think Pennington is doing better than most.
I would be surprised if PL sees CCV as a replacement for Pennington but you might be right.

No doubt all will be revealed in due course.
CCV update on 09:42 - Dec 18 with 8339 viewsVic

He was one of our top players last season so if he returns he will be an upgrade on any other player we currently have. I agree with the comment about Pennington propensity for losing his man in the box.

However, I find it strange that PL identified the need to stop crosses coming into the box as a top priority so I’d have thought he’d have been looking at upgrading the fullbacks before the CB’s. However, Im sure he has a plan and knows more than me!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Obviously a decent addition.... on 09:44 - Dec 18 with 8321 viewsbraveblue

Why not leave Chambers out?
Obviously a decent addition.... on 09:46 - Dec 18 with 8312 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Is CCV left footed? Pennington is a very, very good right-sided CB but as a left-sided one we should improve if we can, as we often look like getting caught out by Pennington's inability to pass with his left foot.
Obviously a decent addition.... on 10:02 - Dec 18 with 8260 viewsflimflam

This is my thinking.

Maybe the fact we have let the most goals in this season suggests we do need to strengthen up at the back as well as bringing in more fire power up the pitch.

Yes I know a lot are down to individual errors but I would say CCV is a perfect addition to get involved in a fight to survive till the end of the season as he is a beast.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

CCV update on 10:04 - Dec 18 with 8262 viewsagentp

I said at the beginning of the season that ITFC was Spurs and CCV's choice for another season. It was only MM's departure that resulted in them both looking for another outlet - it wasn't to do with money.

Phil must know that ,that was the gentlemans agreement.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Obviously a decent addition.... on 10:24 - Dec 18 with 8211 viewsOsborneOneNil

Obviously a decent addition.... on 09:44 - Dec 18 by braveblue

Why not leave Chambers out?

That was my thinking.
Obviously a decent addition.... on 10:48 - Dec 18 with 8143 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

This is my thinking.

We haven’t got any cover if we pick up any knocks
CCV update on 10:48 - Dec 18 with 8138 viewsGlasgowBlue

CCV update on 21:58 - Dec 17 by PhilTWTD

3 at the back or are we sending Pennington back?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Obviously a decent addition.... on 10:59 - Dec 18 with 8084 viewsblueislander

Obviously a decent addition.... on 10:24 - Dec 18 by OsborneOneNil

That was my thinking.

And mine. For all his leadership qualities, Chambers is only average as a defender, prone to mistakes, and not a dominant centre back, but above all he does not fit in with Lambert’s expressed desire to play the ball out of defence.
Obviously a decent addition.... on 11:17 - Dec 18 with 8012 viewsOsborneOneNil

Obviously a decent addition.... on 10:59 - Dec 18 by blueislander

And mine. For all his leadership qualities, Chambers is only average as a defender, prone to mistakes, and not a dominant centre back, but above all he does not fit in with Lambert’s expressed desire to play the ball out of defence.

Yep, with you on that. Great guy, but average footballer. Not sure why he should be a definite starter each game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024