Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? 22:05 - Dec 17 with 21240 viewsSitfcB

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6504205/Vegan-demonstrators-form-human-

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 16:50 - Dec 18 with 2832 viewsjaseitfc

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 16:48 - Dec 18 by J2BLUE

But i find this more than annoying than a vegan preaching at me ...
Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 16:52 - Dec 18 with 2824 viewsJ2BLUE

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 16:50 - Dec 18 by jaseitfc

But i find this more than annoying than a vegan preaching at me ...

You said it made you crave meat. This was just advertised on tv. Thought you might like it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 17:00 - Dec 18 with 2805 viewsmonytowbray

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 16:48 - Dec 18 by jaseitfc

It's no one's job to convert me but presumably that is the aim of those going into a waitrose to raise awareness & this lead to persuading people not to eat meat; what's the point of promoting it if you dont have an aim to convert people?

It's not out of spite - it's simple word association , it's how my weird mind works. The word Olympics makes me think of McDonald's due to constant linkage of McDonald's with the Olympics over the years- I know unfortunately link the word vegan with meat, and its not out of spite its just a different philosophical view - I don't see animals the way you do, but at least I'll admit it rather than claim I do care.

I can accept the last part, although seeing animals as lesser than humans doesn't justify hurting them.

Most vegans would like more people to convert, yes, and that is the overall aim but there are plenty of vegans out there, myself included, who saw the exact same stuff I share and were challenged on the same terms. I don't think any vegans on here who are for ethical reasons would say they were converted because someone gave them a Linda McCartney sausage and a sugar-coated reason to convert, it has to start from your own choices.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 17:02 - Dec 18 with 2802 viewsmonytowbray

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 16:49 - Dec 18 by GeoffSentence

No, nay, thrice nay.

Peaceful is a synonym of quiet.

See here.

peaceful
/ˈpiːsfʊl,ˈpiːsf(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: peaceful

free from disturbance; tranquil.
"his peaceful mood vanished"
synonyms: tranquil, calm, restful, pleasant, quiet, still, relaxing, soothing, sleepy, silent, soundless, hushed, noiseless, undisturbed, untroubled, private, secluded, solitary,

So if it was noisy it wasn't 'peaceful'.

Apply those words to the context of a protest, perhaps by Googling "peaceful protest meaning", and you'll see it was a peaceful protest.

Come on mate, I know from your post history here you aren't a thicko!

TWTD never forgets…

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 17:57 - Dec 18 with 2764 viewsEly_Blue

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 17:00 - Dec 18 by monytowbray

I can accept the last part, although seeing animals as lesser than humans doesn't justify hurting them.

Most vegans would like more people to convert, yes, and that is the overall aim but there are plenty of vegans out there, myself included, who saw the exact same stuff I share and were challenged on the same terms. I don't think any vegans on here who are for ethical reasons would say they were converted because someone gave them a Linda McCartney sausage and a sugar-coated reason to convert, it has to start from your own choices.

I would disagree and say that it has to also stem from there being creditable alternatives other than a plate of veggies and the god awful and overpriced (up until now) soy or nut based alternatives.

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 18:47 - Dec 18 with 2735 viewsmonytowbray

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 17:57 - Dec 18 by Ely_Blue

I would disagree and say that it has to also stem from there being creditable alternatives other than a plate of veggies and the god awful and overpriced (up until now) soy or nut based alternatives.

I’d say the higher adoption rates in recent years are in big part thanks to products improving (when I was veggie 12 years ago there wasn’t a lot of choice and that was without vegan options), but tbose products are stemming because there is a demand from ethical vegans.

TWTD never forgets…

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 19:00 - Dec 18 with 2729 viewsEly_Blue

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 18:47 - Dec 18 by monytowbray

I’d say the higher adoption rates in recent years are in big part thanks to products improving (when I was veggie 12 years ago there wasn’t a lot of choice and that was without vegan options), but tbose products are stemming because there is a demand from ethical vegans.

I’d also argue that the increase in options is not because of the ethical vegans, there are circa 2-3 million vegans which is quite a small number whereas the number of people who are actively looking to reduce meat is around 20 million, those are the people the market is trying to capture, and yes I have seen hard data to back this up

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 19:16 - Dec 18 with 2722 viewsmonytowbray

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 19:00 - Dec 18 by Ely_Blue

I’d also argue that the increase in options is not because of the ethical vegans, there are circa 2-3 million vegans which is quite a small number whereas the number of people who are actively looking to reduce meat is around 20 million, those are the people the market is trying to capture, and yes I have seen hard data to back this up

And why are people looking to reduce meat?

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 19:17 - Dec 18 with 2719 viewswkj

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 19:16 - Dec 18 by monytowbray

And why are people looking to reduce meat?

Because people are threatening to break into their homes and kill their dogs

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 19:20 - Dec 18 with 2712 viewsmonytowbray

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 19:17 - Dec 18 by wkj

Because people are threatening to break into their homes and kill their dogs

Once again, no one threatened you. Stop pretending you are a victim.

TWTD never forgets…

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 19:24 - Dec 18 with 2706 viewsSpruceMoose

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 19:20 - Dec 18 by monytowbray

Once again, no one threatened you. Stop pretending you are a victim.

Did you threaten to murder his dog!?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 19:27 - Dec 18 with 2701 viewswkj

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 19:24 - Dec 18 by SpruceMoose

It was savage mate, he said- and I quote

"If you eat that there meat I will break in your house at night and do ya dog!"

All cockney thug like- that I could handle, but the meat is murder stickers in my fridge would be taking the piss

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 21:13 - Dec 18 with 2666 viewsblueconscience

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 08:50 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

People who participate in peaceful protest aren't normal? You're a vegaphobe, mate.

Vegaphobe

Idiophobe (fear or dislike of idiots) would be more appropriate.

And think of those millions of bugs/caterpillars etc killed whilst growing and harvesting those vegetables and crops used in vegan food. But I suppose insects lives are less important.

[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 21:58]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 21:22 - Dec 18 with 2653 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Vegans have always been peachy.....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 21:32 - Dec 18 with 2640 viewsJ2BLUE

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 19:24 - Dec 18 by SpruceMoose

His exact words: 'Like a chicken, i'll electrocute it, slit its throat and hang it upside down until it bleeds out'

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:10 - Dec 18 with 2597 viewsmonytowbray

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 21:13 - Dec 18 by blueconscience

Vegaphobe

Idiophobe (fear or dislike of idiots) would be more appropriate.

And think of those millions of bugs/caterpillars etc killed whilst growing and harvesting those vegetables and crops used in vegan food. But I suppose insects lives are less important.

[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 21:58]

Always my favourite one. No one has ever said veganism has all the answers or is perfect, but it's a path and a step in the right direction. Do you think a meat diet kills no insects (plus a lot more)?

TWTD never forgets…

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:11 - Dec 18 with 2596 viewsmonytowbray

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 21:32 - Dec 18 by J2BLUE

His exact words: 'Like a chicken, i'll electrocute it, slit its throat and hang it upside down until it bleeds out'

You missed the part where I said I'd f*ck it first.

TWTD never forgets…

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:19 - Dec 18 with 2592 viewsjaseitfc

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:11 - Dec 18 by monytowbray

You missed the part where I said I'd f*ck it first.

No need to go all Norfolk mate
Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:19 - Dec 18 with 2589 viewsmonytowbray

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:19 - Dec 18 by jaseitfc

No need to go all Norfolk mate

WKJ's dog is not my sister.

TWTD never forgets…

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:23 - Dec 18 with 2586 viewsjaseitfc

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:19 - Dec 18 by monytowbray

WKJ's dog is not my sister.

😂
Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:28 - Dec 18 with 2580 viewsblueconscience

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:10 - Dec 18 by monytowbray

Always my favourite one. No one has ever said veganism has all the answers or is perfect, but it's a path and a step in the right direction. Do you think a meat diet kills no insects (plus a lot more)?

Maybe you are right about the same numbers of small critters also being killed in meat production.

But, I am not trying to force my views on what people should and should not eat by using animals lives as a reason like those activists (hypocrites).
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 22:28]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:33 - Dec 18 with 2566 viewsmonytowbray

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:28 - Dec 18 by blueconscience

Maybe you are right about the same numbers of small critters also being killed in meat production.

But, I am not trying to force my views on what people should and should not eat by using animals lives as a reason like those activists (hypocrites).
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 22:28]

Sorry but what? By eating an animal you are using it's life for much worse reasons than any vegan activist.

No one is forcing their views on you anymore than any other topic, it's just with veganism people seem to get a bit uppity.

TWTD never forgets…

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:38 - Dec 18 with 2559 viewsblueconscience

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:33 - Dec 18 by monytowbray

Sorry but what? By eating an animal you are using it's life for much worse reasons than any vegan activist.

No one is forcing their views on you anymore than any other topic, it's just with veganism people seem to get a bit uppity.

But why did the vegans in the video feel the need to do a such stupid thing. If they kept their lifestyle and thoughts to themselves, they wouldn’t get so much ridicule from people.

“By eating an animal you are using it's life for much worse reasons than any vegan activist”

So you are basically saying all the meat eating members of this board are worthless, ouch
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 22:42]

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:51 - Dec 18 with 2536 viewsmonytowbray

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:38 - Dec 18 by blueconscience

But why did the vegans in the video feel the need to do a such stupid thing. If they kept their lifestyle and thoughts to themselves, they wouldn’t get so much ridicule from people.

“By eating an animal you are using it's life for much worse reasons than any vegan activist”

So you are basically saying all the meat eating members of this board are worthless, ouch
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 22:42]

Two things.

Ethical veganism is not to many a live-and-let-live choice. It’s not a debate about favourite colours but an act to reject animal suffering. On that basis it’s as much a positive thing to shout about as any social cause.

And as for the last remark, that’s a pretty big conclusion to jump to considering I wasn’t close to saying what you suggested.

TWTD never forgets…

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:54 - Dec 18 with 2529 viewsblueconscience

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:51 - Dec 18 by monytowbray

Two things.

Ethical veganism is not to many a live-and-let-live choice. It’s not a debate about favourite colours but an act to reject animal suffering. On that basis it’s as much a positive thing to shout about as any social cause.

And as for the last remark, that’s a pretty big conclusion to jump to considering I wasn’t close to saying what you suggested.

Care to elaborate on what you meant then? It is just sounded like you said a protest is more important than someone eating.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024