Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? 22:05 - Dec 17 with 21243 viewsSitfcB

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6504205/Vegan-demonstrators-form-human-

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:08 - Dec 17 with 7857 viewsWD19

The length some blokes will go to in order to get their leg over a veggie girl. Remarkable.
Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:10 - Dec 17 with 7850 viewsblueconscience

Freaks will be freaks

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:15 - Dec 17 with 7831 viewswkj

Yeah this is pretty silly.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:20 - Dec 17 with 7817 viewsSwailsey

It’s always been this way (not saying it’s right). It’s just the current media buzz.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:28 - Dec 17 with 7805 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s the Daily Mail. It’s sole purpose is to make you feel outraged and judgemental. Ignore it and those feelings will magically go away (as long as you keep off Twitter too)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:29 - Dec 17 with 7797 viewseireblue

That’s a bit like asking why are Muslims getting a bit more terroristy.
Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:29 - Dec 17 with 7796 viewswkj

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 22:28 - Dec 17 by Swansea_Blue

It’s the Daily Mail. It’s sole purpose is to make you feel outraged and judgemental. Ignore it and those feelings will magically go away (as long as you keep off Twitter too)

Thanks opposite of 12th_Man

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 23:40 - Dec 17 with 7732 viewsMattinLondon

By all accounts such action has a negative impact on their cause so not sure if this will actually benefit veganism.

Must be tough being a ‘militant’ vegan. Every time you walk down a street you see people tucking into meat. Must harden their resolve - hence stunts like that.
Login to get fewer ads

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 00:03 - Dec 18 with 7717 viewsJ2BLUE

It won't help them. The trouble with people like them is they believe they are right 100% and therefore only the immediate and complete destruction of the animal product industries will satisfy them. They aren't interested in winning battles, they want to win the war right now which isn't going to happen.

Could have put in a tenner each, got some oat milk and some vegan meat alternatives and they might have converted a few people with the right attitude. It might seem pointless but small changes from a small number of people can have a really positive impact in terms of saving water, saving food (which can be fed to humans if animal needs are lessened) and lowering methane emissions.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 00:17 - Dec 18 with 7699 viewsStNeotsBlue

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 00:03 - Dec 18 by J2BLUE

It won't help them. The trouble with people like them is they believe they are right 100% and therefore only the immediate and complete destruction of the animal product industries will satisfy them. They aren't interested in winning battles, they want to win the war right now which isn't going to happen.

Could have put in a tenner each, got some oat milk and some vegan meat alternatives and they might have converted a few people with the right attitude. It might seem pointless but small changes from a small number of people can have a really positive impact in terms of saving water, saving food (which can be fed to humans if animal needs are lessened) and lowering methane emissions.

Exactly. I'm not sure what they hope to achieve other than pissing people off. If they stood outside doing a vegan bbq, offering people tasty alternatives it would be far more effective.

That said this is highly unlikely as it wouldn't taste as nice as a proper bbq and deep down they all know this.
Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 00:20 - Dec 18 with 7701 viewsLord_Lucan

I'm sure a silent minority of vegans adhere to their way of life, don't impose themselves on others and don't make a big deal but is the answer to the rest - because they are attention seeking weirdos?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 00:29 - Dec 18 with 7684 viewsblueconscience

@Herbivore

You honestly don’t think those in that story are freaks? Interesting.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 06:49 - Dec 18 with 7585 viewsEly_Blue

This truly is pathetic, do these mad crazy people seriously think that they will turn the whole world to vegan?

I wonder what their actual “end game” is? If their aim is truly to achieve World veganism then I wonder for example if they have thought about the impact on jobs, people’s livelyhood, taxes that are paid etc etc? Does their world where we are all vegan include all animal products/by products where the animal may not ultimately be slaughtered? What are their views on the alternatives?

Maybe rather than this pathetic attempt at brainwashing and scaremongering they could actually put down a reasoned arguement and case for people to turn vegan with a credible alternative and how this plant based style of living would be made available to the whole world in an affordable and financially sustainable way.

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 07:19 - Dec 18 with 7548 viewsGeoffSentence

Oh! Oh! I think I know this. Is it because they have been emboldened by brexit?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 07:24 - Dec 18 with 7532 viewsDeano69

It’s all a bit ‘look at me’ in my opinion.

I am sure there are some very nice vegans out there that don’t make a fuss every meal time

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 07:41 - Dec 18 with 7499 viewsBluefish

My take is that vegans used to be few and far between and only those with extremely strong views on the topic but they were largely respectful and just did it for their personal belief. Since then it has had a groundswell and the bandwagon has swept up the most awkward in society, the ones that previously tried to be emo and tried to be part of momentum. It is the latest thing that they now hide their awkwardness behind and it takes over them. These people become vegan 1st and person 2nd to mask other insecurities. They will keep with it until something else comes along that They believe will give them an identity.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 07:54 - Dec 18 with 7479 viewseireblue

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 06:49 - Dec 18 by Ely_Blue

This truly is pathetic, do these mad crazy people seriously think that they will turn the whole world to vegan?

I wonder what their actual “end game” is? If their aim is truly to achieve World veganism then I wonder for example if they have thought about the impact on jobs, people’s livelyhood, taxes that are paid etc etc? Does their world where we are all vegan include all animal products/by products where the animal may not ultimately be slaughtered? What are their views on the alternatives?

Maybe rather than this pathetic attempt at brainwashing and scaremongering they could actually put down a reasoned arguement and case for people to turn vegan with a credible alternative and how this plant based style of living would be made available to the whole world in an affordable and financially sustainable way.

https://www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/news/201603_Plant_based_diets
Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 07:58 - Dec 18 with 7465 viewsm14_blue

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 07:54 - Dec 18 by eireblue

https://www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/news/201603_Plant_based_diets

What’s your take on protests such as this one?
Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 08:07 - Dec 18 with 7448 viewsHerbivore

This thread is an excellent example of what David Mitchell was talking about in the article I posted last week. The level of outrage at a peaceful protest is quite odd.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 08:09 - Dec 18 with 7442 viewsReuser_is_God

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 07:41 - Dec 18 by Bluefish

My take is that vegans used to be few and far between and only those with extremely strong views on the topic but they were largely respectful and just did it for their personal belief. Since then it has had a groundswell and the bandwagon has swept up the most awkward in society, the ones that previously tried to be emo and tried to be part of momentum. It is the latest thing that they now hide their awkwardness behind and it takes over them. These people become vegan 1st and person 2nd to mask other insecurities. They will keep with it until something else comes along that They believe will give them an identity.

Spot on.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 08:09 - Dec 18 with 7439 viewsBluefish

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 08:07 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

This thread is an excellent example of what David Mitchell was talking about in the article I posted last week. The level of outrage at a peaceful protest is quite odd.

You class this as peaceful? Surely they are disturbing the peace?

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 08:11 - Dec 18 with 7432 viewsGlasgowBlue

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 00:29 - Dec 18 by blueconscience

@Herbivore

You honestly don’t think those in that story are freaks? Interesting.

I think calling them freaks is unhelpful. I disagree with this type of protest which is counter productive. StNeot’s “winning hearts and minds” strategy is far more likely to get people to think about their food choices.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 08:11 - Dec 18 with 7432 viewsHerbivore

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 08:09 - Dec 18 by Bluefish

You class this as peaceful? Surely they are disturbing the peace?

They stood in an aisle and did a couple of chants then left when the police asked them to without any arrests being made. It's the very definition of a peaceful protest. Personally I don't think it's very effective but it's odd seeing people get worked up over it.

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 08:15 - Dec 18 with 7422 viewsBluefish

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 08:11 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

They stood in an aisle and did a couple of chants then left when the police asked them to without any arrests being made. It's the very definition of a peaceful protest. Personally I don't think it's very effective but it's odd seeing people get worked up over it.

They blocked an aisle and stop innocent people getting on with their day, this is breaching the peace in my book. They also sung silly songs in an enclosed space when it wasn't wanted, if this was football fans then it would be classed as breaching the peace.

Presuambly they hadn't washed either so i expect smell disturbed the innocent shoppers

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 08:16 - Dec 18 with 7417 viewsHerbivore

Why are vegans getting more and more preachy....? on 08:15 - Dec 18 by Bluefish

They blocked an aisle and stop innocent people getting on with their day, this is breaching the peace in my book. They also sung silly songs in an enclosed space when it wasn't wanted, if this was football fans then it would be classed as breaching the peace.

Presuambly they hadn't washed either so i expect smell disturbed the innocent shoppers

Oh dear.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024