Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Presumably Zidane next at OT? 10:04 - Dec 18 with 2918 viewsBluefish

I still can't believe no one has gone for Eddie Howe yet (apart from Burnley). Really thought he would be considered for a bigger job by now and thought arsenal might have taken the punt. Possibly would need an Everton sized job before man utd though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:12 - Dec 18 with 2602 viewsdavblue

I would be going all out for Poch if I was united.

Zidane doesn’t convince me, none of his Madrid signings come off and this united team needs a rebuild, poch has done that at Spurs he has united values, good football, promotes youth he’s the perfect fit for them.

I know ppl will come back with Zidane won 3 champs league wins in a row, but that experience of rebuilding a team is critical for the next manager.
Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:14 - Dec 18 with 2596 viewsGuthrum

Thing is, Howe has only really been successful at Bournemouth, the team he's been with - as a player and manager - for most of his life. The Burnley excursion was decent, but no more than that and within two years he'd bailed out back to the South Coast (dropping a division to do so).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:15 - Dec 18 with 2585 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Carrick is odds on favourite this AM

Gus Uhlenbeek

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:15 - Dec 18 with 2587 viewsBluefish

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:12 - Dec 18 by davblue

I would be going all out for Poch if I was united.

Zidane doesn’t convince me, none of his Madrid signings come off and this united team needs a rebuild, poch has done that at Spurs he has united values, good football, promotes youth he’s the perfect fit for them.

I know ppl will come back with Zidane won 3 champs league wins in a row, but that experience of rebuilding a team is critical for the next manager.

Poch sprung to mind but I think he is too big to go them in their current state. Stay with spurs until it is time for Barca or Real.

I agree on Zidane but the argument will always be his champ league record

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:15 - Dec 18 with 2578 viewsBluefish

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:15 - Dec 18 by ShropshireBluenago09

Not permanent surely?

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:16 - Dec 18 with 2576 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Zidane's a smart enough man to bail on Real Madrid when he realised it was going to fall to pieces, he won't take this job right now. If it does it will be in the summer.

Carrick end of the season, i reckon.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:17 - Dec 18 with 2576 viewsBluefish

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:14 - Dec 18 by Guthrum

Thing is, Howe has only really been successful at Bournemouth, the team he's been with - as a player and manager - for most of his life. The Burnley excursion was decent, but no more than that and within two years he'd bailed out back to the South Coast (dropping a division to do so).

Cheating aside (and that is something man utd revel in) he has done an outstanding job. He has also scaled up, they aren't in that league hanging on grimly, he has them competing.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 10:25]

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:18 - Dec 18 with 2552 viewsBluebell

Roy Keane is available.
Login to get fewer ads

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:19 - Dec 18 with 2553 viewsdavblue

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:15 - Dec 18 by Bluefish

Poch sprung to mind but I think he is too big to go them in their current state. Stay with spurs until it is time for Barca or Real.

I agree on Zidane but the argument will always be his champ league record

Come on this is Manchester United.

They are and will always be a bigger club than Spurs with all due respect to Spurs.

Spurs have a better team but you get united going that’s a juggernaut of a club.
Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:20 - Dec 18 with 2541 viewsdavblue

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:16 - Dec 18 by JammyDodgerrr

Zidane's a smart enough man to bail on Real Madrid when he realised it was going to fall to pieces, he won't take this job right now. If it does it will be in the summer.

Carrick end of the season, i reckon.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Wenger until the end of the season.
Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:21 - Dec 18 with 2532 viewsVic

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:15 - Dec 18 by ShropshireBluenago09

They’re talking about a caretaker manager for the rest of the season so Carrick could fit the bill for that. Who else is out there who could or would want to step in for 6 months?

It’s a big, big job now as a huge rebuilding needs to be done. Funny thing is that the same thing was being said when Maurinho started. He really hasn’t been a lot of cop in the last few jobs has he; his star is definitely on the wain.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:22 - Dec 18 with 2531 viewsBluefish

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:19 - Dec 18 by davblue

They are and will always be a bigger club than Spurs with all due respect to Spurs.

Spurs have a better team but you get united going that’s a juggernaut of a club.

They will always be a bigger club but right now you wouldn't leave what he has at spurs to join the mess they are in.

New stadium, young side, still top 4 despite the stadium issues, producing youth etc.

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:22 - Dec 18 with 2522 viewsBluefish

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:18 - Dec 18 by Bluebell

Roy Keane is available.

That would be hilarious
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 10:23]

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:23 - Dec 18 with 2519 viewsNo9

A club with a sense of entitelement who would want to walk into that when there are other potential good jobs around
Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:23 - Dec 18 with 2518 viewsGuthrum

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:17 - Dec 18 by Bluefish

Cheating aside (and that is something man utd revel in) he has done an outstanding job. He has also scaled up, they aren't in that league hanging on grimly, he has them competing.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 10:25]

My point was more questioning how successful he'd be (from an emotional comfort angle, as much as anything) at a club where he isn't so thoroughly embedded as at Bournemouth. He knows that club probably better than anyone else (youth, player for most of his career, long-term manager), Man U would be completely different setup, profile and level of expectation, as well as a host of different personalities to deal with.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:24 - Dec 18 with 2520 viewsGlasgowBlue

After what happened with Moyes at Man U, I can't see any of the big clubs going down the Eddie Howe route.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:26 - Dec 18 with 2510 viewsBluefish

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:24 - Dec 18 by GlasgowBlue

After what happened with Moyes at Man U, I can't see any of the big clubs going down the Eddie Howe route.

Agreed but it is a shame. He should be doing that and then looking to England one day.

Maybe fat Sam will do a job until the end of the season to keep them up

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:27 - Dec 18 with 2490 viewsjimsymBLUE

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:19 - Dec 18 by davblue

Definitely the case a few years back but situations change and Poch would be mad to leave Spurs ATM for Yanited. Would take more money than the Glazers are willing to spunk to get this team anywhere near Spurs or Liverpool, never mind City.
Spurs also moving into the best new stadium in the country, here's an interesting read on Ye Olde Trafford...maybe also goes some way into explaining the current malaise.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/06/countrys-best-stadium-tired-old-

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:40 - Dec 18 with 2431 viewsdavblue

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:27 - Dec 18 by jimsymBLUE

Definitely the case a few years back but situations change and Poch would be mad to leave Spurs ATM for Yanited. Would take more money than the Glazers are willing to spunk to get this team anywhere near Spurs or Liverpool, never mind City.
Spurs also moving into the best new stadium in the country, here's an interesting read on Ye Olde Trafford...maybe also goes some way into explaining the current malaise.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/06/countrys-best-stadium-tired-old-

Recruitment is key, you need to spend money but buying players at the right time is what Spurs have done well, they have spent but sold well also.

U tied are still one of th biggest clubs in the world, they may not be acting like it atm but they are.
Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:46 - Dec 18 with 2419 viewsTractorCam

If they can't get Zidane, i'd go for Eddie Howe if i was them. For some reason I can't imagine Poch leaving Spurs.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 11:04 - Dec 18 with 2379 viewsPJH

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:18 - Dec 18 by Bluebell

Roy Keane is available.

and Paul Hurst.
Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 11:25 - Dec 18 with 2329 viewsOsborneOneNil

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:21 - Dec 18 by Vic

They’re talking about a caretaker manager for the rest of the season so Carrick could fit the bill for that. Who else is out there who could or would want to step in for 6 months?

It’s a big, big job now as a huge rebuilding needs to be done. Funny thing is that the same thing was being said when Maurinho started. He really hasn’t been a lot of cop in the last few jobs has he; his star is definitely on the wain.

They’re on about appointing a caretaker from outside the club for the remainder of the season, and will do so in 2 days.

If a caretaker is in charge for 11 days, he counts as permanent in the betting, hence Carrick being short odds. If the new caretaker is delayed, Carrick could be there and count in the betting.
Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 11:35 - Dec 18 with 2310 viewsCurrie10

Blanc written all over it.

Played for them too.
Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 13:46 - Dec 18 with 2166 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:24 - Dec 18 by GlasgowBlue

Although Rodgers at Liverpool worked for a while. I think you’re probably right though - at least as far as the giant 5 go. Tottenham or Everton I think possibly would - which could then unlock the door

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 13:58 - Dec 18 with 2142 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Presumably Zidane next at OT? on 10:22 - Dec 18 by Bluefish

They will always be a bigger club but right now you wouldn't leave what he has at spurs to join the mess they are in.

New stadium, young side, still top 4 despite the stadium issues, producing youth etc.

Of course he would - he’d be mad not to

Man U aren’t in that big a mess either - squad is a bit imbalanced but players like Pogba and Lukaku haven’t turned bad overnight. If anything their recent predicament could be in a new mans favour - suspect they’d get a seasons grace before the pressure would really be on

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024