Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What were your 2018 highlights? 10:33 - Dec 18 with 3632 viewsBluefish

Been an up and down year with 2 operations and a long time laid up and then having to build up to be able to walk again but 2018 has some life highlights

A New York trip that really met every expectation and created amazing memories

A Disney trip with the kids that surpassed anything in could have dreamed off

But the biggest was getting our 1st family dog, she is asleep on my lap with her head on my arm (makes working virtually impossible). She has brought the family even closer and means no empty moments and even more enjoying the beautiful English countryside.

On the whole football has been miserable but roll on 2019 and a win at cr

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What were your 2018 highlights? on 13:54 - Dec 18 with 365 viewsThrobbe

It has been a pretty sh1t year unfortunately.

Throbbe Jr had a couple of seizures and is now being treated for epilepsy. It took us a while to get over the fear of him being out and about, so he spent most of the summer holidays at home at an age where he should be messing about all day with his friends.

Mrs Throbbe was diagnosed with breast cancer in August, and has been off work for several months. Unfortunately it had spread, so as well as the original op she has had lymph nodes removed on the same side. Good news is that we caught it early, so no further surgery is considered necessary. She starts chemo in the new year, which is going to be hard on all of us.

We cremate my last remaining grandparent tomorrow. Cancer got him in the end, although we had him several years longer than expected, and towards the end his quality of life was poor, so he is at least at rest now.

Work has been OK, but I missed out on an expected promotion. In the context, it's not that important, and depending how she reacts to the chemo I may need to take an unpaid break to look after Mrs T.

Unsurprisingly, it hasn't really helped my mental health. I crumbled after the second op, and ended up off sick for a week and a half, but got back into work. Still struggling, and it's currently all about gritting my teeth and getting through to Christmas for a bit of a break.

Hard to see many highlights out of that, but if anything it has confirmed how great my kids are, as well as wider family and friends. I've had support when I've needed it. I've also been seeing a counsellor once a week all year, and while it's felt like damage limitation since the summer I did get some real benefits out of it earlier in the year, which in time should make me a generally happier person.

Some great music/gigs this year.

Let's not mention the football eh?

TWTD Cycling Herbert

What were your 2018 highlights? on 13:56 - Dec 18 with 361 viewsNorthstaNder

2018 has probably been my annus horribilis.

Highlight has been doing our house up extensively. But that was only achieved because of an inheritance from my Grandad who died tale end on '17.
Then my Mum died in May '18 so it's been a bit poop to say the least.

Football wise...phhhh. I think I had a nice little unbeaten run on PES 2019
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024