Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What were your 2018 highlights? 10:33 - Dec 18 with 3639 viewsBluefish

Been an up and down year with 2 operations and a long time laid up and then having to build up to be able to walk again but 2018 has some life highlights

A New York trip that really met every expectation and created amazing memories

A Disney trip with the kids that surpassed anything in could have dreamed off

But the biggest was getting our 1st family dog, she is asleep on my lap with her head on my arm (makes working virtually impossible). She has brought the family even closer and means no empty moments and even more enjoying the beautiful English countryside.

On the whole football has been miserable but roll on 2019 and a win at cr

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What were your 2018 highlights? on 10:36 - Dec 18 with 3256 viewsKieran_Knows

Went to Vienna in March which was okay.

Florida/Disney in September which was way better than I could ever have imagined.

Currently finishing the year off with having some work done our house which should mean the place will be complete early part of next year, which I'm delighted about!

Football has been sh*te, but Saturday was great what with a mate returning from Australia, so hopefully same again this weekend.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What were your 2018 highlights? on 10:36 - Dec 18 with 3255 viewstractordownsouth

This has been the most up and down year of my ( admittedly short) life. There have been a few highlights

I've really progressed with my music and songwriting
Getting into Cardiff Uni
My job at Mencap, which I absolutely love
Went to see Arctic Monkeys
Getting a dog

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

What were your 2018 highlights? on 10:39 - Dec 18 with 3245 viewsDanTheMan

Job promotion which I've worked my ass off for.
Booked a wedding date

That's actually about it in terms of life highlights! Sorting out my house has taken a large chunk.

Do you walk your dog around Bramcote park? I love going there at the weekend with ours, especially just for the dog interactions.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

What were your 2018 highlights? on 10:39 - Dec 18 with 3242 viewsITFC_Forever

Got off to an awful start, burying my brother who died 22/12/2017.

Wasn't too bad after that, very pleasant holidays / weekends away in Cornwall (x2), Lanzarote and Bath, including a day driving a class 37 diesel engine which was fantastic. Was supposed to do this with my brother, but he never made it, so a mate and me did it in his memory.

Eldest daughter got in to the Suffolk netball squad for her age group, both daughters performed at the O2 with their performing arts group.

Was the start marshal for a number of stock car meetings, which is pretty intense, but enjoyable at the same time.

All of this though was over-shadowed by the passing of my brother, and this week is not going to be good. For added pain, it's our work Christmas do on Friday, which is a year on since he entered the hospice for his final 24 hours, so when the clock hits midnight and turns over to 22/12, I think I will be a mess. Seriously considering not going.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What were your 2018 highlights? on 10:42 - Dec 18 with 3221 viewsReuser_is_God

Daughters 1st birthday in May & my missus going back to work so we were no longer a single income family was nice.

Finished an HND at uni in June which felt good however my employers decided not to fund me to carry on to the full degree which is a shame but reasons behind it were understandable & I have been promoted anyway so can't complain.

ITFC has been sh1t but the World Cup was one of the best 4 weeks of my life.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What were your 2018 highlights? on 10:45 - Dec 18 with 3204 viewshomer_123

What were your 2018 highlights? on 10:39 - Dec 18 by ITFC_Forever

Wasn't too bad after that, very pleasant holidays / weekends away in Cornwall (x2), Lanzarote and Bath, including a day driving a class 37 diesel engine which was fantastic. Was supposed to do this with my brother, but he never made it, so a mate and me did it in his memory.

Eldest daughter got in to the Suffolk netball squad for her age group, both daughters performed at the O2 with their performing arts group.

Was the start marshal for a number of stock car meetings, which is pretty intense, but enjoyable at the same time.

All of this though was over-shadowed by the passing of my brother, and this week is not going to be good. For added pain, it's our work Christmas do on Friday, which is a year on since he entered the hospice for his final 24 hours, so when the clock hits midnight and turns over to 22/12, I think I will be a mess. Seriously considering not going.

All the best bud.

Go, enjoy, have fun and make the most - I'm sure your bro would want you to enjoy every moment you have (and we all should) that shouldn't detract from you remembering him though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What were your 2018 highlights? on 10:50 - Dec 18 with 3189 viewsBluefish

What were your 2018 highlights? on 10:39 - Dec 18 by DanTheMan

Booked a wedding date

That's actually about it in terms of life highlights! Sorting out my house has taken a large chunk.

Do you walk your dog around Bramcote park? I love going there at the weekend with ours, especially just for the dog interactions.

Congrats mate.

Not been to Bramcote with her yet. She was a bit of a loon until recently so we only just got her trained to walk off lead in forests. Been a bit scared of open spaces like parks to walk her but will have a look

What were your 2018 highlights? on 10:57 - Dec 18 with 3175 viewsBluefish

Glad you had some ups on 2018

Best wishes for the next few weeks, no one can stop that pain but I hope it helps you to enjoy a few happy memories and reminisce

Login to get fewer ads

What were your 2018 highlights? on 11:05 - Dec 18 with 3162 viewsFtnfwest

crikey well done with that. We got our spaniel in December 2017 so this year's been looking after a growing young boy! (Kids, as they do, lost interest after a few weeks so it's been mainly Mrs F and myself doing the walking etc).
Personally not great as i've had to bury my dad (in the summer) and uncle in March (the latter was a ST holder for many years)
What were your 2018 highlights? on 11:08 - Dec 18 with 3156 viewsDyland

Warm vibes coming over the TWTD etherwaves. Take care. Being a mess is to be expected and good in a way. You can be strong another day.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What were your 2018 highlights? on 11:09 - Dec 18 with 3149 viewsDebsyAngel

Been a dreadful year mainly, with my poor Dad suffering with his hip. He had it replaced in November, but it's been over 6 weeks of more problems resulting from his stay in hospital where he got an infected foot, has cellulitis in both legs, damaged prostate and bladder from a catheter being inserted and removed too roughly. He was due to be in hospital over Xmas but thankfully won't be. He is on more antibiotics now and pray these work.

Had a massive fall out with my sister on New Years Day, and ended cutting ties with her as she was causing too much trouble and never wanted to meet and put things right.

I have had lots of health problems too, difficulties with a wisdom tooth removal in September, and my anxiety and depression have got worse.

The football - need I really say anything?!!

The one big highlight of the year was our wedding in May - a wonderful day and a wonderful reception at night, the one shining light in 2018. Our little honeymoon to York in October was nice too.
What were your 2018 highlights? on 11:11 - Dec 18 with 3136 viewsSitfcB

Booked a wedding date

Can you please talk about your dogging via PMs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What were your 2018 highlights? on 11:12 - Dec 18 with 3128 viewsDanTheMan

What were your 2018 highlights? on 11:11 - Dec 18 by SitfcB

Can you please talk about your dogging via PMs.

We're all friends here Sitters, feel free to join in.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

What were your 2018 highlights? on 11:26 - Dec 18 with 3099 viewsPinewoodblue

My wife learning how to walk, first with a frame, then rollator, then walking stick and now she can shuffle around the house unaided. Thanks to the rehab staff at Bluebird Lodge for getting her started.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What were your 2018 highlights? on 12:16 - Dec 18 with 3051 viewsChondzoresk

Downside: My father who died December 23rd 2017 was buried in January 2018.
Upside: I started a business during the summer which has now taken off big time.

For me 2018 was horrifically bad to pretty damn good.

To see our Football club rooted to the bottom of the championship is a huge downer too.
What were your 2018 highlights? on 12:34 - Dec 18 with 3020 viewsJakeITFC

It’s probably been the best year of my life in honesty.

Work has been good and is getting better.

Been on holiday a bunch, to Amsterdam (x3), Prague, Düsseldorf, Copenhagen, Malta, Russia and Paris.

Saw loads of bands I love, the highlight being the Streets with a really good bunch of friends.

Went to the World Cup semi-final to see England, and despite the result it was a real dream come true moment for me and one of the best days of my life. Also went to the Ryder Cup which was incredible.

2018 has definitely been kind to me.
What were your 2018 highlights? on 12:49 - Dec 18 with 2987 viewsReuser_is_God

What were your 2018 highlights? on 12:34 - Dec 18 by JakeITFC

It’s probably been the best year of my life in honesty.

Work has been good and is getting better.

Been on holiday a bunch, to Amsterdam (x3), Prague, Düsseldorf, Copenhagen, Malta, Russia and Paris.

Saw loads of bands I love, the highlight being the Streets with a really good bunch of friends.

Went to the World Cup semi-final to see England, and despite the result it was a real dream come true moment for me and one of the best days of my life. Also went to the Ryder Cup which was incredible.

2018 has definitely been kind to me.

Nice one.

My aim is Ryder Cup is 2022.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What were your 2018 highlights? on 12:49 - Dec 18 with 2985 viewsDubtractor

Booked a wedding date

Job promotion I worked my nuts off for is my highlight too.

It's been a pretty decent year overall, football aside.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What were your 2018 highlights? on 12:50 - Dec 18 with 2983 viewschicoazul

I saw a hot air balloon right over my house.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What were your 2018 highlights? on 12:59 - Dec 18 with 2957 viewsSteve_M

What were your 2018 highlights? on 11:26 - Dec 18 by Pinewoodblue

My wife learning how to walk, first with a frame, then rollator, then walking stick and now she can shuffle around the house unaided. Thanks to the rehab staff at Bluebird Lodge for getting her started.

I hadn't realised she had made such good progress. Really pleased to hear that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What were your 2018 highlights? on 13:04 - Dec 18 with 2940 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Don’t want to blow my own trumpet but I’m probably the happiest I’ve ever been. 2018 has been great.

I got into uni, passed both modules I’ve done so far. I’m actualkycreally enjoying the course which is obviously good. Met some amazing people, realised Irish and northern girls love an Essex accent, grown very close to a girl in my flat (albeit it’s complicated).

My mental state is the best it’s been in about 2 and a half years. I made the decision to actually talk about it a couple of months ago which was the first time I had spoken about all the random sadness and crying etc. It just seemed like the right time to reflect on something I’m pastb now. And it actually helped me. Other than talking to my mum this year briefly about it, and asides from one thread on here about pulling my eyelashes out randomly, I hadn’t had a proper conversation about it until I did with the aforementioned girl.

I’ve found something that I’m actually good at and want to do in the future (sports coaching). My family are all generally healthy (asides from my Grandad who was all but a gonner a few months back but is still hanging in there) and no friends are ill.

I remember last year in this thread saying how it had been a sh1t year. Obviously town are struggling atm but asides from that and my grandad, I actually feel like 2018 was the opposite to 2016 and 2017 for me. I’m actually happy.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

What were your 2018 highlights? on 13:08 - Dec 18 with 2921 viewschicoazul

Best wishes to you and your family mate.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What were your 2018 highlights? on 13:11 - Dec 18 with 2916 viewsSarge

Been the first average year I’ve had in a while. 2017 was truly sh1te despite getting my masters degree and 2014/15/16 were epic. Started a new job on 3x my old salary but am financially worse off than before. It’s a cool job so I guess that’s a highlight. Upgrading my car at the end of the week and it’s the last year before I’m a quarter of a century old so I guess those are the average highlights of an average year.
What were your 2018 highlights? on 13:12 - Dec 18 with 2911 viewstractordownsouth

What were your 2018 highlights? on 13:04 - Dec 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Don’t want to blow my own trumpet but I’m probably the happiest I’ve ever been. 2018 has been great.

I got into uni, passed both modules I’ve done so far. I’m actualkycreally enjoying the course which is obviously good. Met some amazing people, realised Irish and northern girls love an Essex accent, grown very close to a girl in my flat (albeit it’s complicated).

My mental state is the best it’s been in about 2 and a half years. I made the decision to actually talk about it a couple of months ago which was the first time I had spoken about all the random sadness and crying etc. It just seemed like the right time to reflect on something I’m pastb now. And it actually helped me. Other than talking to my mum this year briefly about it, and asides from one thread on here about pulling my eyelashes out randomly, I hadn’t had a proper conversation about it until I did with the aforementioned girl.

I’ve found something that I’m actually good at and want to do in the future (sports coaching). My family are all generally healthy (asides from my Grandad who was all but a gonner a few months back but is still hanging in there) and no friends are ill.

I remember last year in this thread saying how it had been a sh1t year. Obviously town are struggling atm but asides from that and my grandad, I actually feel like 2018 was the opposite to 2016 and 2017 for me. I’m actually happy.

You're chatting up Irish and northern girls? Lucky b@stard, you've got the two best accents there 😉

In all seriousness though mate that's all great. I'm glad you're over the depression now, I am the same ( just about) but if you want to talk about it then drop me a PM no problem.

It would be good to go for a pint if you're doing any way games next season. I'll be at uni in Cardiff so hopefully it'll be them and Swansea, not Newport and Bristol Rovers.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

What were your 2018 highlights? on 13:18 - Dec 18 with 2882 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What were your 2018 highlights? on 13:12 - Dec 18 by tractordownsouth

You're chatting up Irish and northern girls? Lucky b@stard, you've got the two best accents there 😉

In all seriousness though mate that's all great. I'm glad you're over the depression now, I am the same ( just about) but if you want to talk about it then drop me a PM no problem.

It would be good to go for a pint if you're doing any way games next season. I'll be at uni in Cardiff so hopefully it'll be them and Swansea, not Newport and Bristol Rovers.

Geordie accent is the best on girls. 7s turn into 9s with a Newcastle accent for girls imo. Not a massive fan of northern. Though they like the Essex one for no reason at all.

Top man - likewise yourself.

Yeah I’ll make a fair few aways. I’ve persuaded a couple of arsenal fans in my flat to do aways with me this season so they’ve seen Reading, Millwall and Stoke so far with Villa in January to come. Drop me a message what games your at and we’ll meet up. Though I can’t see me doing Cardiff again. Dreadful trip last time (albeit a nice place) because of that bloody train journey and their plastic ground.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024