Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English 12:31 - Dec 18 with 13915 viewsBlueBadger

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-46592080?fbclid=IwAR3UL_1XsyTR
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 12:32]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Stunning piece of hypocrisy on the radio this morning on 15:15 - Dec 18 with 4799 viewsGuthrum

Stunning piece of hypocrisy on the radio this morning on 14:27 - Dec 18 by jjblue84

What have the Magyars got to do with ‘changing the Christian culture of Europe’??

Must apologise, got the dates a bit wrong. The Magyars migrated into Europe about 400 years more recently than I was suggesting. They also raided as far as Iberia and the English Channel.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 15:16 - Dec 18 with 4791 viewsjeera

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 13:21 - Dec 18 by monytowbray

Bakes a great batch of Nazi biscuits though...

You have to admit, the pastry cutter was quite innovative if nothing else.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Stunning piece of hypocrisy on the radio this morning on 15:18 - Dec 18 with 4792 viewsfactual_blue

Stunning piece of hypocrisy on the radio this morning on 14:39 - Dec 18 by Guthrum

Pagan invaders who terrorised formerly Christian Central Europe (the Holy Roman Empire)?

The right has a very sketchy grasp of history, Guthers.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Stunning piece of hypocrisy on the radio this morning on 15:21 - Dec 18 with 4790 viewsfactual_blue

Stunning piece of hypocrisy on the radio this morning on 14:53 - Dec 18 by BlueBadger

I'm always impressed by how ignorant nationalists are of the history of the countries that they're so proud of.

As in 'Princess Elizabeth drove an ambulance during the Blitz'?

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 15:34 - Dec 18 with 4775 viewsRyorry

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 13:15 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

Six years for literally being a Nazi seems very lenient to me. We all know what Nazis believe and promote and they are the worst kind of scum. I hope they get their teeth kicked in inside, painfully grow them back, then have them kicked in again.

Yes - a shame the judge didn't add a '0' on to the length of those sentences.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 15:43 - Dec 18 with 4773 viewsBlueBadger

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 13:06 - Dec 18 by jjblue84

Six years jail for thinking...interesting times!!

On the other hand, six years being a member of a banned terrorist group seems pretty lenient.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 16:07 - Dec 18 with 4754 viewsm14_blue

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 13:06 - Dec 18 by jjblue84

Six years jail for thinking...interesting times!!

I know you think you’re being enigmatic and thought provoking with these throw away comments but it’s not really working at the moment.
These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 16:13 - Dec 18 with 4757 viewscaught-in-limbo

I fear we're all missing the point a little with this. Similar things are happening in Spain right now too with the VOX party which, like National Action, was also formed in 2013.

These words by Jim Garrison from 1967 show the way we are headed, just substitute the US for Britain and the US bodies for UK ones:

"In a very real and terrifying sense, our Government is the CIA and the Pentagon, with Congress reduced to a debating society. Of course, you can't spot this trend to fascism by casually looking around. You can't look for such familiar signs as the swastika, because they won't be there. We won't build Dachaus and Auschwitzes; the clever manipulation of the mass media is creating a concentration camp of the mind that promises to be far more effective in keeping the populace in line. We're not going to wake up one morning and suddenly find ourselves in gray uniforms goose-stepping off to work. But this isn't the test. The test is: What happens to the individual who dissents? In Nazi Germany, he was physically destroyed; here the process is more subtle, but the end results are the same. I've learned enough about the machinations of the CIA in the past year to know that this is no longer the dreamworld America I once believed in. The imperatives of the population explosion, which almost inevitably will lessen our belief in the sanctity of the individual human life, combined with the awesome power of the CIA and the defense establishment, seem destined to seal the fate of the America I knew as a child and bring us into a new Orwellian world where the citizen exists for the State and where raw power justifies any and every immoral act. I've always had a kind of knee-jerk trust in my Government's basic integrity, whatever political blunders it may make. But I've come to realize that in Washington, deceiving and manipulating the public are viewed by some as the natural prerogatives of office. Huey Long once said, 'Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.' I'm afraid, based on my own long experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
---- Jim Garrison, 1967

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Login to get fewer ads

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 16:39 - Dec 18 with 4722 viewsGuthrum

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 16:13 - Dec 18 by caught-in-limbo

I fear we're all missing the point a little with this. Similar things are happening in Spain right now too with the VOX party which, like National Action, was also formed in 2013.

These words by Jim Garrison from 1967 show the way we are headed, just substitute the US for Britain and the US bodies for UK ones:

"In a very real and terrifying sense, our Government is the CIA and the Pentagon, with Congress reduced to a debating society. Of course, you can't spot this trend to fascism by casually looking around. You can't look for such familiar signs as the swastika, because they won't be there. We won't build Dachaus and Auschwitzes; the clever manipulation of the mass media is creating a concentration camp of the mind that promises to be far more effective in keeping the populace in line. We're not going to wake up one morning and suddenly find ourselves in gray uniforms goose-stepping off to work. But this isn't the test. The test is: What happens to the individual who dissents? In Nazi Germany, he was physically destroyed; here the process is more subtle, but the end results are the same. I've learned enough about the machinations of the CIA in the past year to know that this is no longer the dreamworld America I once believed in. The imperatives of the population explosion, which almost inevitably will lessen our belief in the sanctity of the individual human life, combined with the awesome power of the CIA and the defense establishment, seem destined to seal the fate of the America I knew as a child and bring us into a new Orwellian world where the citizen exists for the State and where raw power justifies any and every immoral act. I've always had a kind of knee-jerk trust in my Government's basic integrity, whatever political blunders it may make. But I've come to realize that in Washington, deceiving and manipulating the public are viewed by some as the natural prerogatives of office. Huey Long once said, 'Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.' I'm afraid, based on my own long experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
---- Jim Garrison, 1967

Chauvinist national identity is also an issue. To have an "other" to combine against, you first need an "us".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 16:51 - Dec 18 with 4712 viewscaught-in-limbo

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 16:39 - Dec 18 by Guthrum

Chauvinist national identity is also an issue. To have an "other" to combine against, you first need an "us".

I disagree. Totalitarian regimes are often born out of very divided and chaotic states. Vilification of an "other" is enough to create the necessary "us" - and if the division and chaos is sufficiently painful in the first place the people will initially open their arms for the order and unity provided by their masters.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 16:53]

#toxic

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 17:16 - Dec 18 with 4681 viewsSwansea_Blue

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 15:16 - Dec 18 by jeera

I quite liked that. And the scatter cushions is a nice touch. It’s important to be comfy when nazi-ing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 17:20 - Dec 18 with 4674 viewsfooters

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 15:16 - Dec 18 by jeera

And when the fascist biscuits are baked they'll Goebbel them up.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 17:24 - Dec 18 with 4668 viewschicoazul

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 16:13 - Dec 18 by caught-in-limbo

---- Jim Garrison, 1967

I know you revel in your contrariness and see things the rest of us are too stupid or brainwashed to see but I for one am certainly not missing the point, that point being Nazis are cnts and deserve to go to jail as these people rightly have, and good on the "security services" for making it happen. A good old fashioned English mistrust of the Government and authority in general is entirely beside the point.
This is not a Paul Watson style blogger in his mum's basement making a few throw away comments about Banks being run by Rothschilds or how women are happier at home with the kids. These are Nazis with the flag, not some "thought crime".

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 17:42 - Dec 18 with 4640 viewsfactual_blue

---- Jim Garrison, 1967

Garrison's successor as DA for Orleans Parish was Harry Connick Snr - the father of singer & actor Harry Connick Jr.

I'm not convinced by any analysis offered by conspiracy theorist Garrison.

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 17:49 - Dec 18 with 4629 viewscaught-in-limbo

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 17:24 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

I know you revel in your contrariness and see things the rest of us are too stupid or brainwashed to see but I for one am certainly not missing the point, that point being Nazis are cnts and deserve to go to jail as these people rightly have, and good on the "security services" for making it happen. A good old fashioned English mistrust of the Government and authority in general is entirely beside the point.
This is not a Paul Watson style blogger in his mum's basement making a few throw away comments about Banks being run by Rothschilds or how women are happier at home with the kids. These are Nazis with the flag, not some "thought crime".

I'm delighted they have been put away.

Our press is right to shame them in this way - it's just a shame that this is a story about a 22-year old wimp of a nazi who has fathered a child to a Portuguese woman who is old enough to be his mother. It might be genuine but it certainly isn't steeped in credibility.

I really wish the press had shown the same disgust and fomented the same outrage against the neo-nazis in Ukraine. I don't remember anybody on this site being disgusted about that.

I think it's important to be consistent in the condemnation of fascism and wahhabism, and not not just when it's politically expedient to do so.

EDIT: It's not a surprise to see Dan "I don't see the rise of fascism in Europe" TheMan,
Lowhouse "I suppose you think Maidan is a CIA sponsored overthrow of Yanukovych" blue and
M14 "Have you changed your opinions on Brexit now that a Hard Brexit seems certain" blue upvoting your comment.

[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 18:13]

#toxic

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 17:51 - Dec 18 with 4620 viewsEireannach_gorm

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 12:38 - Dec 18 by factual_blue

Shouldn't Claudia change her surname to the more English 'Potatoes'?

Seems Nathan was a bit of a Pryke.
These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 17:52 - Dec 18 with 4618 viewscaught-in-limbo

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 17:42 - Dec 18 by factual_blue

Garrison's successor as DA for Orleans Parish was Harry Connick Snr - the father of singer & actor Harry Connick Jr.

I'm not convinced by any analysis offered by conspiracy theorist Garrison.

I'm not convinced by anyone who relies on wikipedia to base their opinion of others on.

#toxic

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 18:03 - Dec 18 with 4590 viewschicoazul

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 17:49 - Dec 18 by caught-in-limbo

Our press is right to shame them in this way - it's just a shame that this is a story about a 22-year old wimp of a nazi who has fathered a child to a Portuguese woman who is old enough to be his mother. It might be genuine but it certainly isn't steeped in credibility.

I really wish the press had shown the same disgust and fomented the same outrage against the neo-nazis in Ukraine. I don't remember anybody on this site being disgusted about that.

I think it's important to be consistent in the condemnation of fascism and wahhabism, and not not just when it's politically expedient to do so.

EDIT: It's not a surprise to see Dan "I don't see the rise of fascism in Europe" TheMan,
Lowhouse "I suppose you think Maidan is a CIA sponsored overthrow of Yanukovych" blue and
M14 "Have you changed your opinions on Brexit now that a Hard Brexit seems certain" blue upvoting your comment.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 18:08 - Dec 18 with 4573 viewscaught-in-limbo

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 18:03 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

Uncomfortable truths.

#toxic

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 18:09 - Dec 18 with 4571 viewsfactual_blue

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 17:52 - Dec 18 by caught-in-limbo

I'm not convinced by anyone who relies on wikipedia to base their opinion of others on.

You're mistaking finding a fact on Wikipedia (about Harry Connick Snr) with holding an opinion formed by reading Posner et al on JFK's assassination.

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 18:10 - Dec 18 with 4564 viewschicoazul

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 18:08 - Dec 18 by caught-in-limbo

Uncomfortable truths.

We all definitely believe you were thinking of neo Nazis in Ukraine when you originally said we are all missing the point to this story, don't worry.

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 18:17 - Dec 18 with 4553 viewscaught-in-limbo

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 18:10 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

We all definitely believe you were thinking of neo Nazis in Ukraine when you originally said we are all missing the point to this story, don't worry.

What did you think I was thinking? My position against fascism is totally consistent.

#toxic

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 18:18 - Dec 18 with 4553 viewsDanTheMan

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 17:49 - Dec 18 by caught-in-limbo

It's not a surprise to see you posting quotes of other people like some sort of divine wisdom whilst continuing to be condescending.

Also, source on me saying that please because I genuinely cannot remember saying it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 18:19 - Dec 18 with 4549 viewschicoazul

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 18:17 - Dec 18 by caught-in-limbo

What did you think I was thinking? My position against fascism is totally consistent.

I've just told you to stop worrying.

These days, you can be jailed just for saying you're English on 18:23 - Dec 18 with 4540 viewsm14_blue

Huh? That’s a really bizarre edit which is uncharacteristically insecure of you.

I liked a post saying people who are openly Nazis should be sent to prison, what’s wrong with that?

And when did I say that about Brexit? I do ask you questions sometimes because I find your perspective interesting, I won’t bother in future if you’re keeping some weird log of people who question your narrative.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024