Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New idea for 2019 15:33 - Dec 18 with 7956 viewsBluefish

All meat eaters come together and block entrance to all shops selling vegan products

Peacefully obvs

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

New idea for 2019 on 15:37 - Dec 18 with 4938 viewseireblue

That's virtually all shops apart from Butchers and World Of Leather.

Fill your boots.
New idea for 2019 on 15:37 - Dec 18 with 4936 viewsReuser_is_God

#NoMoreFalafel #SaveOurChickPeas

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

New idea for 2019 on 15:45 - Dec 18 with 4914 viewsMattinLondon

Maybe protest in a vegan restaurant and do something annoying? Not sure what - must be something...play music loud.
New idea for 2019 on 15:46 - Dec 18 with 4915 viewsFtnfwest

insist on meat options at vegan restaurants
New idea for 2019 on 15:56 - Dec 18 with 4892 viewsRobTheMonk

New idea for 2019 on 15:45 - Dec 18 by MattinLondon

Maybe protest in a vegan restaurant and do something annoying? Not sure what - must be something...play music loud.

Play audio recordings of people enjoying steak.
New idea for 2019 on 16:08 - Dec 18 with 4868 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Alternatively be better people than them, by leaving them to enjoy their choices in peace... 🙂

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

New idea for 2019 on 16:19 - Dec 18 with 4853 viewsBluefish

New idea for 2019 on 16:08 - Dec 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Alternatively be better people than them, by leaving them to enjoy their choices in peace... 🙂

This wouldn't be disturbing their peace because it is non violent.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

New idea for 2019 on 19:53 - Dec 18 with 4736 viewsBlueBadger

New idea for 2019 on 16:19 - Dec 18 by Bluefish

This wouldn't be disturbing their peace because it is non violent.

How about just plain 'don't be a d1ck'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

New idea for 2019 on 20:06 - Dec 18 with 4721 viewsmonytowbray

New idea for 2019 on 19:53 - Dec 18 by BlueBadger

How about just plain 'don't be a d1ck'?

I am wondering what ethical cause this original joke I’ve never heard before would be promoting.

It’s funny because it just proves how ironically easy it is to offend/upset a meat eater just by telling them the truth about food.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

New idea for 2019 on 20:12 - Dec 18 with 4708 viewsJ2BLUE

New idea for 2019 on 20:06 - Dec 18 by monytowbray

I am wondering what ethical cause this original joke I’ve never heard before would be promoting.

It’s funny because it just proves how ironically easy it is to offend/upset a meat eater just by telling them the truth about food.

It's the blocking of the meat aisle that people object to. People know where their meat comes from. Many people on here have even said they aren't bothered that most meat is factory farmed which is surprising but a clear sign that it isn't that people are uneducated, it's that they don't care or don't care enough.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

New idea for 2019 on 20:25 - Dec 18 with 4687 viewsBlueBadger

New idea for 2019 on 20:12 - Dec 18 by J2BLUE

It's the blocking of the meat aisle that people object to. People know where their meat comes from. Many people on here have even said they aren't bothered that most meat is factory farmed which is surprising but a clear sign that it isn't that people are uneducated, it's that they don't care or don't care enough.

Frankly, anyone wussy enough to be deterred by vegans doesn't deserve sausages.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

New idea for 2019 on 20:26 - Dec 18 with 4685 viewsWD19

It is not what is being said that is sometimes irritating.
New idea for 2019 on 20:31 - Dec 18 with 4670 viewsmonytowbray

New idea for 2019 on 20:12 - Dec 18 by J2BLUE

I think if that’s the basis and the death/suffering of animals doesn’t bother them they should toughen up about not being able to buy a pack of sausages in a Brighton Waitrose for 10 minutes.

TWTD never forgets…

New idea for 2019 on 20:33 - Dec 18 with 4664 viewsJ2BLUE

New idea for 2019 on 20:31 - Dec 18 by monytowbray

I think if that’s the basis and the death/suffering of animals doesn’t bother them they should toughen up about not being able to buy a pack of sausages in a Brighton Waitrose for 10 minutes.

Again, the point is that they have no right to block the aisle of a business operating legally.

You have in the past said you won't respect the choice people make to eat meat but you realise you don't have the right to stop them. That difference is key.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

New idea for 2019 on 21:11 - Dec 18 with 4617 viewsmonytowbray

New idea for 2019 on 20:33 - Dec 18 by J2BLUE

Again, the point is that they have no right to block the aisle of a business operating legally.

You have in the past said you won't respect the choice people make to eat meat but you realise you don't have the right to stop them. That difference is key.

They staged a protest and got in the way for 10 minutes to make a point. They didn’t set fire to the supermarket. It’s hardly the oppressive crime of the century.

TWTD never forgets…

New idea for 2019 on 21:18 - Dec 18 with 4604 viewsRyorry

You're ironically funny, proving how difficult it is for you to be able to see/shrug off a joke, and how easily offended you are by one.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

New idea for 2019 on 21:32 - Dec 18 with 4579 viewsgtsb

I actually have a lot of respect for people who can follow a vegan lifestyle . The meat and dairy industry is abhorrent as we all know and as an animal lover I'd love to be able to go down that route but I can't. I've tried but I can't. I eat a lot less meat, twice a week max and no red meat, but I couldn't give up eggs or cheese. A pescatarian diet is huge now and the supermarkets are realising it.
New idea for 2019 on 22:07 - Dec 18 with 4531 viewsmonytowbray

New idea for 2019 on 21:32 - Dec 18 by gtsb

I actually have a lot of respect for people who can follow a vegan lifestyle . The meat and dairy industry is abhorrent as we all know and as an animal lover I'd love to be able to go down that route but I can't. I've tried but I can't. I eat a lot less meat, twice a week max and no red meat, but I couldn't give up eggs or cheese. A pescatarian diet is huge now and the supermarkets are realising it.

What's your biggest challenge? Is it liking certain meals too much or convenience?

TWTD never forgets…

New idea for 2019 on 22:08 - Dec 18 with 4527 viewsmonytowbray

New idea for 2019 on 21:18 - Dec 18 by Ryorry

You're ironically funny, proving how difficult it is for you to be able to see/shrug off a joke, and how easily offended you are by one.

Am I upset? I'm pretty sure I just pointed out I wasn't. Bluefish got a stick up his arse other another thread, because when faced with the fact he may be wrong or someone else has a valid point he goes into abuse mode.

TWTD never forgets…

New idea for 2019 (n/t) on 22:09 - Dec 18 with 4525 viewsgtsb

New idea for 2019 on 22:07 - Dec 18 by monytowbray

What's your biggest challenge? Is it liking certain meals too much or convenience?

New idea for 2019 on 22:10 - Dec 18 with 4518 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

New idea for 2019 on 22:08 - Dec 18 by monytowbray

Am I upset? I'm pretty sure I just pointed out I wasn't. Bluefish got a stick up his arse other another thread, because when faced with the fact he may be wrong or someone else has a valid point he goes into abuse mode.

You do sound pretty upset

New idea for 2019 (n/t) on 22:11 - Dec 18 with 4519 viewsgtsb

New idea for 2019 (n/t) on 22:09 - Dec 18 by gtsb

Cheese, eggs and milk although I buy the most ethical milk and eggs I can.
New idea for 2019 on 22:13 - Dec 18 with 4514 viewsmonytowbray

New idea for 2019 on 22:10 - Dec 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You do sound pretty upset

I can assure you I am more than in a lovely mood right now. Upset would be starting an entire thread because someone made you look silly. Like this one.

TWTD never forgets…

New idea for 2019 on 22:14 - Dec 18 with 4507 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

New idea for 2019 on 22:13 - Dec 18 by monytowbray

I can assure you I am more than in a lovely mood right now. Upset would be starting an entire thread because someone made you look silly. Like this one.

Did you need a hug?

New idea for 2019 (n/t) on 22:16 - Dec 18 with 4498 viewsmonytowbray

New idea for 2019 (n/t) on 22:11 - Dec 18 by gtsb

Cheese, eggs and milk although I buy the most ethical milk and eggs I can.

Cheese wise Violife is decent, as is the Tesco blue cheese and the smoked one.

Eggs are a tough one, had some fake potato egg thing in the USA which looked and had the texture of egg but not the taste. I put a scrambled tofu recipe in another thread here today I fully recommend instead of scrambled eggs. Not a direct replacement as such, but bloody good on it's own merit.

Milk wise I recommend the Oatly stuff, it's good. Cashew milk is a fairly decent replacement for full fat milk.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024