Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this 10:30 - Dec 20 with 3226 viewsNo9

Does the government want you to install solar panels then give the excess to the already overcharging engery companies?

https://utilityweek.co.uk/government-confirms-plans-scrap-solar-export-tariff/

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 10:32 - Dec 20 with 3213 viewsDanTheMan

I'm struggling to understand the reasoning for this. Is the energy still going to go into the grid and the energy companies get that for free?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 10:38 - Dec 20 with 3190 viewsNo9

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 10:32 - Dec 20 by DanTheMan

I'm struggling to understand the reasoning for this. Is the energy still going to go into the grid and the energy companies get that for free?

That is what seems to be the proposal
@rseholes comes to mind
Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 10:39 - Dec 20 with 3181 viewsMeadowlark

As long as you get them installed and registered before the end of March 2019 the Feed In Tariff is valid for 20 years.
Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 10:44 - Dec 20 with 3166 viewsNo9

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 10:39 - Dec 20 by Meadowlark

As long as you get them installed and registered before the end of March 2019 the Feed In Tariff is valid for 20 years.

At the moment but will they renage on that?
But otherwise it is very shortsighted but in line with other things they did to enable privatisation of energy
Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 11:07 - Dec 20 with 3140 viewsJakeITFC

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 10:32 - Dec 20 by DanTheMan

Not the energy companies, but the grid (so in theory everyone benefits from it in a roundabout way).

It’s a dumb change really, but there is still value in solar if you have sufficient demand to offset, or better still a battery to pair with it:
Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 11:17 - Dec 20 with 3127 viewsNo9

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 11:07 - Dec 20 by JakeITFC

Not the energy companies, but the grid (so in theory everyone benefits from it in a roundabout way).

It’s a dumb change really, but there is still value in solar if you have sufficient demand to offset, or better still a battery to pair with it:

The grid is a cartel & it's operations are mainly dictated to in boardrooms outside the UK.

Batteries are a good idea but presently they are very expensive in the UK
Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 11:19 - Dec 20 with 3124 viewsDanTheMan

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 11:07 - Dec 20 by JakeITFC

Oh yeah, I could see people just buying batteries instead of selling it back to the grid (assuming that's how it works).

I'm just trying to get my head around what they are trying to achieve with the change.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 11:26 - Dec 20 with 3108 viewsRyorry

I'd say one reason might well (continue to) be numerous influential politicians being heavily invested in the oil and gas industries ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 11:46 - Dec 20 with 3082 viewsJakeITFC

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 11:19 - Dec 20 by DanTheMan

Oh yeah, I could see people just buying batteries instead of selling it back to the grid (assuming that's how it works).

I'm just trying to get my head around what they are trying to achieve with the change.

The intention (as I understand it) is that a new thing will be in place soon that will allow solar users to sell their power to suppliers etc. (in a Power Purchase Agreement type thing).

Solar works subsidy free now, so they’re trying to get something more market reflective in, which makes some sense. Of course it’s rubbish that it’s been handled so badly, but what’s new with this government and BEIS.
Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 12:05 - Dec 20 with 3064 viewschicoazul

thanks for this, I am indeed thinking of getting them, apparently you have to buy them not rent them? As you dont own the air above your house or something??

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 12:11 - Dec 20 with 3048 viewsNo9

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 11:26 - Dec 20 by Ryorry

I'd say one reason might well (continue to) be numerous influential politicians being heavily invested in the oil and gas industries ...

A friend of mine told me the reason the tories are anti solar panels is because they all live in listed building and can't have them fitted
Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 12:12 - Dec 20 with 3041 viewsRyorry

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 12:11 - Dec 20 by No9

A friend of mine told me the reason the tories are anti solar panels is because they all live in listed building and can't have them fitted

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 12:14 - Dec 20 with 3036 viewsSwansea_Blue

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 11:26 - Dec 20 by Ryorry

That could explain why we still subsidise the oil and gas industries more than we do renewables. Just a hunch though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 12:19 - Dec 20 with 3023 viewsNo9

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 12:14 - Dec 20 by Swansea_Blue

That could explain why we still subsidise the oil and gas industries more than we do renewables. Just a hunch though.

Rorry has a good realtionship map
Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 12:53 - Dec 20 with 2981 viewsRyorry

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 12:14 - Dec 20 by Swansea_Blue

Yep.

and

https://www.lowimpact.org/incredible-frackogram-2015-shows-the-many-links-of-ves
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 12:56]

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 13:14 - Dec 20 with 2938 viewsNo9

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 12:53 - Dec 20 by Ryorry

Yep.

and

https://www.lowimpact.org/incredible-frackogram-2015-shows-the-many-links-of-ves
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 12:56]

I don't see Peter Lilley on there
Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 13:19 - Dec 20 with 2929 viewsRyorry

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 13:14 - Dec 20 by No9

I don't see Peter Lilley on there

Probably away somewhere making a little list of all his assets ...

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 13:21 - Dec 20 with 2922 viewsNo9

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 13:19 - Dec 20 by Ryorry

Probably away somewhere making a little list of all his assets ...

Or other things he was alleged to be doing?
Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 13:24 - Dec 20 with 2910 viewsRyorry

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 13:21 - Dec 20 by No9

Or other things he was alleged to be doing?

Please do enlighten us!

Solar Panels - If you were considering them read this on 13:35 - Dec 20 with 2885 viewsCoastalblue

I will say up front that I haven't read the article, will do later, but the export tarriff has always been a weird thing based on assumptions rather than measured amiunts.

Few domestic installations actually put much back into the grid if people are using them properly so most have probably done well from the eport tarriff.

It's a shame the feed in tarriff is essentially worthless now though, it was a real incentive at one time and a good investment for your money.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024