Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? 14:44 - Dec 20 with 8593 viewsStokieBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/20/vladimir-putin-theresa-may-brex

If Putin thinks it's a bad idea then surely it's something everyone has to consider. Whilst the other arguments for one are excellent surely this Trumps (ahem) them all.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 14:45 - Dec 20 with 4949 viewsDanTheMan

Well Tony Blair saying we should do a second referendum doesn't seem so bad now.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 14:49 - Dec 20 with 4938 viewsdirtyboy

Of course he wants a hard brexit for the UK.

We'll become more and more insignificant and he wants the unity of the EU broken so it strenthens his hand.

But it's all ok as immigrants, laws etc.
Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 14:51 - Dec 20 with 4926 viewsGlasgowBlue

If Putin was our PM then leave would have gained 99% of the vote, Anna Soubry would be drinking Polonium laced tea, Hilary Benn would have would have a had a nasty surprise left on his door handle and Alistair Campbell would have been sent to the gulag.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 14:55 - Dec 20 with 4906 viewsWD19

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 14:51 - Dec 20 by GlasgowBlue

If Putin was our PM then leave would have gained 99% of the vote, Anna Soubry would be drinking Polonium laced tea, Hilary Benn would have would have a had a nasty surprise left on his door handle and Alistair Campbell would have been sent to the gulag.

Why would Campbell get special treatment and be promoted out of Burnley?
Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 15:01 - Dec 20 with 4889 viewsronnyblue

The only thing that the guardian is good for is to light the November bonfires . Most of what is printed is more fairytale than snow white!
Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 15:08 - Dec 20 with 4863 viewsSpruceMoose

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 15:01 - Dec 20 by ronnyblue

The only thing that the guardian is good for is to light the November bonfires . Most of what is printed is more fairytale than snow white!

I'd love to know what reputable news source you enjoy?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 15:08 - Dec 20 with 4871 viewsStokieBlue

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 15:01 - Dec 20 by ronnyblue

I'm sure that makes it easy for you to justify whatever view you want to take.

For instance, the article contains direct quotes from the man himself. Given this do you have any thoughts on the actual subject matter?

SB

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 15:12 - Dec 20 with 4840 viewsSpruceMoose

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 15:08 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

I'm sure that makes it easy for you to justify whatever view you want to take.

For instance, the article contains direct quotes from the man himself. Given this do you have any thoughts on the actual subject matter?

SB

Careful, you're dealing with a News Commenter here.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 15:14 - Dec 20 with 4836 viewsGlasgowBlue

I don't agree with the Guardian's politics but I hate this sort of comment, whether it comes from the right or when somebody from the left rubbishes a piece from a right wing publication.

They are reporting quotes. Not making things up.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 15:26 - Dec 20 with 4785 viewstcblue

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 15:08 - Dec 20 by SpruceMoose

I'd love to know what reputable news source you enjoy?

Do they still print the Beano
Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 16:43 - Dec 20 with 4686 viewshomer_123

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 15:14 - Dec 20 by GlasgowBlue

I don't agree with the Guardian's politics but I hate this sort of comment, whether it comes from the right or when somebody from the left rubbishes a piece from a right wing publication.

They are reporting quotes. Not making things up.

But they could be reporting quotes that are completely false though Glassers! ;)

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 16:46 - Dec 20 with 4680 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 16:43 - Dec 20 by homer_123

But they could be reporting quotes that are completely false though Glassers! ;)

They could be but I am not aware of any of our media that tends to do that. Take them out of context and over-sensationalise them yes, make them up I would like more evidence.

If any main-stream media does do so, there should be proper repercussions but that is a separate argument.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 16:52 - Dec 20 with 4665 viewshomer_123

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 16:46 - Dec 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

They could be but I am not aware of any of our media that tends to do that. Take them out of context and over-sensationalise them yes, make them up I would like more evidence.

If any main-stream media does do so, there should be proper repercussions but that is a separate argument.

Have a little Xmas woooosh....I did mean it in jest! ;)

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 16:58 - Dec 20 with 4648 viewsEwan_Oozami

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 14:51 - Dec 20 by GlasgowBlue

It would be strong and stable government though

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 17:03 - Dec 20 with 4630 viewsmartinwellbourne

The only people who want a second referendum are the ones who lost the first one,what happens if they lose that one too?If they did win it do we have a best of three?I imagine the remainers would be opposed to that
Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 17:05 - Dec 20 with 4611 viewsm14_blue

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 17:03 - Dec 20 by martinwellbourne

The only people who want a second referendum are the ones who lost the first one,what happens if they lose that one too?If they did win it do we have a best of three?I imagine the remainers would be opposed to that

What do you think is the answer to the current impasse?
Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 17:06 - Dec 20 with 4614 viewsStokieBlue

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 17:03 - Dec 20 by martinwellbourne

I think virtually all of that post is wrong but there you go.

"The only people who want a second referendum are the ones who lost the first one"

Demonstrably incorrect as shown by interviews and surveys on a daily basis.

"If they did win it do we have a best of three?"

Given people would actually know what they are voting for I think it would be taken far better than the first one.

You're agreeing with Putin, that's almost always a bad position.

SB

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 17:06 - Dec 20 with 4612 viewsMullet

That isn't true though is it? There have been several stories (many credible) about "Brexit regret" and people particularly in industry admitting they had no idea what Brexit was going to do to their livelihoods and openly lament their ignorant choice previously.

Given we're spending £4billion and change on achieving nothing, just to face life in the abyss, I think it's fairly important we let people have a voice. Denying that shows a lack of understanding of democracy, what a referendum actually is, and how those who lied to us should face the full weight of public opinion, the law and hopefully jail time.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 17:08 - Dec 20 with 4599 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6516623/Vladimir-Putin-says-second-Brex

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 17:45 - Dec 20 with 4544 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 17:06 - Dec 20 by Mullet

That isn't true though is it? There have been several stories (many credible) about "Brexit regret" and people particularly in industry admitting they had no idea what Brexit was going to do to their livelihoods and openly lament their ignorant choice previously.

Given we're spending £4billion and change on achieving nothing, just to face life in the abyss, I think it's fairly important we let people have a voice. Denying that shows a lack of understanding of democracy, what a referendum actually is, and how those who lied to us should face the full weight of public opinion, the law and hopefully jail time.

What utter drivel. Certain Remainers from day 1 have done everything to delay, stall stop the will of 17 million people in a democratic referendum. We have seen blubbers like Blair, Clegg, Major all try to undermine withdrawal by sucking up to the EU promising that a democratic vote can be overturned. All this despite £9m of taxpayers money spunked on pro EU propaganda by the government. Cameron (regardless what you think of him) said this was a once in a generation vote. Remain lost, yet all we hear from the bias BBC, Sky, CH4, as well as influential Academics who are indoctrinating our young people with their politics, is we must stop HARD BREXIT. They never use the terms Soft or Hard Remain, only for leaving, funny that. In other words, hardcore remainers exploit this so they can get what they want, keep certain things when we all knew voting out was leaving lock stock and barrel, not cherry picking which bits certain remainers fancied. Another vote will not solve anything but will kill democracy dead and all confidence in our already loathed politicians. You bang on about lies but Project Fear 2 is already in full flow perpetuated by sore losers like you. People voted leave for a host of reasons and they are sick to death of the bedwetting remainers who shout 'far right' , 'stupid bigots' which is insulting to the victims of the real far right that they devalue the term so easily! Plus its not simple left v right issue either, Dennis Skinner, is vehemently anti EU! We had a vote, remain lost but never in this country's democratic history has there been such threat to democracy from a bunch of whining losers who will not accept the result because it doesn't suit them and they are being encouraged to do so by the EU to reverse the result.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 17:46 - Dec 20 with 4538 viewsSpruceMoose

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 17:45 - Dec 20 by Jonnosdreadlocks

What utter drivel. Certain Remainers from day 1 have done everything to delay, stall stop the will of 17 million people in a democratic referendum. We have seen blubbers like Blair, Clegg, Major all try to undermine withdrawal by sucking up to the EU promising that a democratic vote can be overturned. All this despite £9m of taxpayers money spunked on pro EU propaganda by the government. Cameron (regardless what you think of him) said this was a once in a generation vote. Remain lost, yet all we hear from the bias BBC, Sky, CH4, as well as influential Academics who are indoctrinating our young people with their politics, is we must stop HARD BREXIT. They never use the terms Soft or Hard Remain, only for leaving, funny that. In other words, hardcore remainers exploit this so they can get what they want, keep certain things when we all knew voting out was leaving lock stock and barrel, not cherry picking which bits certain remainers fancied. Another vote will not solve anything but will kill democracy dead and all confidence in our already loathed politicians. You bang on about lies but Project Fear 2 is already in full flow perpetuated by sore losers like you. People voted leave for a host of reasons and they are sick to death of the bedwetting remainers who shout 'far right' , 'stupid bigots' which is insulting to the victims of the real far right that they devalue the term so easily! Plus its not simple left v right issue either, Dennis Skinner, is vehemently anti EU! We had a vote, remain lost but never in this country's democratic history has there been such threat to democracy from a bunch of whining losers who will not accept the result because it doesn't suit them and they are being encouraged to do so by the EU to reverse the result.

*Sees Jonno has posted*

*Rubs hands with glee*

*Opens thread*

"Fook me I'm not reading that block of unparagraphed waffle, it'll just be him crybabying again anyway".

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 17:52 - Dec 20 with 4524 viewsStokieBlue

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 17:46 - Dec 20 by SpruceMoose

*Sees Jonno has posted*

*Rubs hands with glee*

*Opens thread*

"Fook me I'm not reading that block of unparagraphed waffle, it'll just be him crybabying again anyway".

Just read the first 3 words.

It's an astute and surprisingly succinct description of all the rest of the words.

SB

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 17:53 - Dec 20 with 4516 viewsSpruceMoose

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 17:52 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

Just read the first 3 words.

It's an astute and surprisingly succinct description of all the rest of the words.

SB

Imagine possessing a brain that thinks that kind of stuff. Terrifying really.

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 17:53 - Dec 20 with 4520 viewsjimsymBLUE

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 17:46 - Dec 20 by SpruceMoose

*Sees Jonno has posted*

*Rubs hands with glee*

*Opens thread*

Think I'll just drop this here...

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 18:02 - Dec 20 with 4501 viewsMullet

Surely it's almost compulsory to have a second referendum now? on 17:45 - Dec 20 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Still not posted that proof eh?

Maybe come back to me when you’ve grown some balls eh? But you boys are all the same it seems.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024