Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Wright signs a pro deal 16:37 - Dec 20 with 3688 viewsReuser_is_God

Isn't he a bit sh1t?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 16:39 - Dec 20 with 3682 viewsitfcjoe

I just don’t see it myself

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 16:41 - Dec 20 with 3670 viewsReuser_is_God

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 16:39 - Dec 20 by itfcjoe

You don't see that he's not very good? Or you don't see how he's got a new deal?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 16:43 - Dec 20 with 3656 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 16:39 - Dec 20 by itfcjoe

Don't see what - that he is good enough or why the OP says he isn't? (And on what evidence? - I know you have some connections within the coaching/playing side from things you have said before.)

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 16:55 - Dec 20 with 3579 viewsPJH

All that I have seen of Harry Wright has been him throwing himself about in the pre match warm up's but obviously a big gap between that and first team match action.
Obviously those at the club think that he might have a future because this time last year he was 5th choice keeper and now undisputed 3rd choice.
Interesting that his dad was our established first choice keeper at a younger age than Harry is now.
Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 17:08 - Dec 20 with 3506 viewschristiand

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 16:55 - Dec 20 by PJH

All that I have seen of Harry Wright has been him throwing himself about in the pre match warm up's but obviously a big gap between that and first team match action.
Obviously those at the club think that he might have a future because this time last year he was 5th choice keeper and now undisputed 3rd choice.
Interesting that his dad was our established first choice keeper at a younger age than Harry is now.

That's a tough comparison and one that Harry Wright has to work with every day to prove his worth as a professional goalkeeper. For me, that makes his task even harder. For a 17 year old- like Richard Wright was - playing in the Premier League as a goalkeeper was incredible, but in that position players develop at different rates. Did Richard Wright fulfil his amazing early potential? I'm not sure that he did once he made the Arsenal move, if anything he stagnated, but that's just my opinion.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 17:15 - Dec 20 with 3476 viewsPJH

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 17:08 - Dec 20 by christiand

That's a tough comparison and one that Harry Wright has to work with every day to prove his worth as a professional goalkeeper. For me, that makes his task even harder. For a 17 year old- like Richard Wright was - playing in the Premier League as a goalkeeper was incredible, but in that position players develop at different rates. Did Richard Wright fulfil his amazing early potential? I'm not sure that he did once he made the Arsenal move, if anything he stagnated, but that's just my opinion.

I think Richard Wright wasted his playing career,obviously not financially but certainly as regards minutes on the pitch.
I agree that comparing Harry to his dad is unfair and also agree that being established as your team's first choice keeper whilst still under 20 is unusual at any professional level.
As I said in my post those at the club must think that Harry could make it and at this stage that is all that matters.
Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 17:24 - Dec 20 with 3446 viewschristiand

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 17:15 - Dec 20 by PJH

I think Richard Wright wasted his playing career,obviously not financially but certainly as regards minutes on the pitch.
I agree that comparing Harry to his dad is unfair and also agree that being established as your team's first choice keeper whilst still under 20 is unusual at any professional level.
As I said in my post those at the club must think that Harry could make it and at this stage that is all that matters.

Without a doubt PJH. Being a professional footballer is bloody tough and competition fierce, if it was easy we'd all be doing it. They must see enough in him to think he has the capability to develop, the club wouldn't waste their money offering him another deal, regardless what others may think about his ability.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 18:17 - Dec 20 with 3323 viewsitfcjoe

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 16:41 - Dec 20 by Reuser_is_God

You don't see that he's not very good? Or you don't see how he's got a new deal?

New deal

Login to get fewer ads

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 19:15 - Dec 20 with 3243 viewsSuperblue95

A cynic might suggest he's getting more of a chance than he deserves based on the reputation of his dad

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 08:39 - Dec 21 with 2881 viewsSonOfSpock

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 19:15 - Dec 20 by Superblue95

A cynic might suggest he's getting more of a chance than he deserves based on the reputation of his dad

If he is going to spend his time sat on a bench, then there is probably no better role model than his dad..
Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 08:43 - Dec 21 with 2861 viewswkj

Tinfoil helmet, but maybe Bart is going on the transfer list in Jan, with Harry being the bench warmer to Gerken's number 1.

Quite a stretch of an assumption, but one would assume Bart's new contract probably takes a good chunk of the budget, especially for being the understudy now, and there may be a number of teams thinking he's worth a punt (which he very much is if he finds his self)

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 09:09 - Dec 21 with 2797 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 16:55 - Dec 20 by PJH

I think footballers are just blooming later and later, especially keepers. Keepers are playing for much longer now, so newer ones start their career later.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 09:12 - Dec 21 with 2788 viewsBLUEBEAT

Like Charlie Sheringham? OK.

Poll: W or W

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 09:16 - Dec 21 with 2770 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 18:17 - Dec 20 by itfcjoe

New deal

and is that based on seeing him first hand and your own knowledge or what you hear from coaches in the club?

If it is the latter, why do you think someone made the decision against the coaches' advice or is the goalkeeping coach convinced while an outfield one isn't?

For him to be third choice keeper suggests he is doing OK.

Do you rate Bart and Gerken?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 09:25 - Dec 21 with 2750 viewsitfcjoe

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 09:16 - Dec 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

and is that based on seeing him first hand and your own knowledge or what you hear from coaches in the club?

If it is the latter, why do you think someone made the decision against the coaches' advice or is the goalkeeping coach convinced while an outfield one isn't?

For him to be third choice keeper suggests he is doing OK.

Do you rate Bart and Gerken?

Just based on seeing him, no knowledge from coaches or anything like that - just view on watching him.

Goalkeepers are hard to judge, because you only see a very limited sample in games - but I have very rarely been impressed with him and any real aspect of his game. He has fortunately calmed down a bit as used to mouth off to officials all game and was a bit of a tw*t.

When I've spoken to other regular watchers at U18 and U23 level the opinion is shared almost exclusively, I'm very surprised he even got this contract let alone another one.

But GK coaches will have final say on this who know him and his abilities much better

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 10:37 - Dec 21 with 2657 viewsNWSixto

Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 09:25 - Dec 21 by itfcjoe

Just based on seeing him, no knowledge from coaches or anything like that - just view on watching him.

Goalkeepers are hard to judge, because you only see a very limited sample in games - but I have very rarely been impressed with him and any real aspect of his game. He has fortunately calmed down a bit as used to mouth off to officials all game and was a bit of a tw*t.

When I've spoken to other regular watchers at U18 and U23 level the opinion is shared almost exclusively, I'm very surprised he even got this contract let alone another one.

But GK coaches will have final say on this who know him and his abilities much better

Wasn't he behind another youth GK at the club (Hayes?) for years? What happened to him?
Harry Wright signs a pro deal on 10:50 - Dec 21 with 2632 viewsRadlett_blue

Like Frank Lampard Jr did at Upton Park, according to many West Ham fans?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024