Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harrison / Roberts 11:12 - Dec 21 with 4782 viewsHarry_Palmer

Surely it's time for Harrison to start instead of Roberts tomorrow? ( although reading between the lines from what PL said yesterday it doesn't sound very likely )

As much as Roberts has done his best and certainly works hard, he is miles away from being an effective championship striker.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2018 11:16]
Harrison / Roberts on 11:18 - Dec 21 with 4758 viewsclive_baker

Neither of them are IMO. Roberts put himself about and is fairly handy in the air but his touch leaves a lot to be desired. He can't finish either, which isn't ideal.

I've known of Harrison for a long time, followed his Bristol Rovers career, I spent some time working with the Gas heads when he was there and I got to know his girlfriend quite well, through another friend. She's moved over to Ipswich with him. Hate to say it but he's distinctly average, he is not and will not prove to be a forward of Championship quality IMO, but I would be delighted if he proves me wrong. He struck me as a real Hurst panic buy. One are PL absolutely has to put right in Jan if we're to have any chance.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Harrison / Roberts on 11:18 - Dec 21 with 4758 viewsNthsuffolkblue

But he plays the role better than Harrison would do. It depends what you are looking for from the player. I think Lambert has been pleased with what Roberts has done and will replace with an upgrade in January rather than something different in Harrison. It will be interesting long term whether a fit Harrison and Jackson have any future here. They seem to be very much on a par. The main reason I would expect any changes tomorrow will be because of the virus that has been going round and the fact Lambert has said there are too many games and so he will rotate players.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Harrison / Roberts on 11:27 - Dec 21 with 4733 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Suspect Roberts will start tomorrow with Harrison coming on and then Harrison will start at QPR.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Harrison / Roberts on 11:29 - Dec 21 with 4725 viewsKieran_Knows

If it ain't broke, don't fix it ....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Harrison / Roberts on 11:35 - Dec 21 with 4686 viewsCoastalblue

Harrison / Roberts on 11:29 - Dec 21 by Kieran_Knows

If it ain't broke, don't fix it ....

You suggesting it's not broke?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Harrison / Roberts on 11:36 - Dec 21 with 4677 viewsKieran_Knows

Harrison / Roberts on 11:35 - Dec 21 by Coastalblue

You suggesting it's not broke?

Since last Saturday, that is.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Harrison / Roberts on 11:39 - Dec 21 with 4667 viewsTIB

It's important to remember Roberts by all accounts has never been a striker. He's a winger and actually his work rate and ability would be pretty decent if we had a lump up top that he could then feed off from out wide. January onwards hopefully we will see such things begin to happen.

All that said though, I am surprised that Lambert hasn't given Harrison the nod over Roberts...is he saying that the L2 free agent winger is better than the L1 million pound striker? Who knows. We got the 3 points against Wigan and I'm sure more are to come.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Harrison / Roberts on 11:41 - Dec 21 with 4657 viewsWestcountryblue

If we were looking to have a physical striker upfront, i'd go with Harrison.

However, out of Roberts, Harrison and Jackson, i think Jackson will be the one that will eventually cut it at this level. He just needs a few goals and a good run in the side.
Login to get fewer ads

Harrison / Roberts on 11:44 - Dec 21 with 4640 viewsCoastalblue

Harrison / Roberts on 11:41 - Dec 21 by Westcountryblue

However, out of Roberts, Harrison and Jackson, i think Jackson will be the one that will eventually cut it at this level. He just needs a few goals and a good run in the side.

and a team mate within ten yards of him.

Agree in a reasonable side I think he'd be a reasonable striker at this level.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Harrison / Roberts on 12:01 - Dec 21 with 4601 viewschristiand

Harrison / Roberts on 11:18 - Dec 21 by clive_baker

Neither of them are IMO. Roberts put himself about and is fairly handy in the air but his touch leaves a lot to be desired. He can't finish either, which isn't ideal.

I've known of Harrison for a long time, followed his Bristol Rovers career, I spent some time working with the Gas heads when he was there and I got to know his girlfriend quite well, through another friend. She's moved over to Ipswich with him. Hate to say it but he's distinctly average, he is not and will not prove to be a forward of Championship quality IMO, but I would be delighted if he proves me wrong. He struck me as a real Hurst panic buy. One are PL absolutely has to put right in Jan if we're to have any chance.

Watching Roberts last week against Wigan, he puts himself about when it's clearly a lost cause, for example when chasing down the keeper or running across the back-line, he gives it everything. Then, if he has a genuine 50/50, it's more a token effort to get the ball rather than he genuinely believes he's going to win it. He's certainly not our answer as a striker - we all can see that - and doesn't look close to scoring either, but think he can do a job in one of the wide roles especially gaining lots from this experience. I'd like to see Harrison given a go just for his physicality, but really got my fingers crossed PL can get a striker with proven quality and experience in January.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Harrison / Roberts on 12:08 - Dec 21 with 4580 viewsPJH

From what I have seen (which is every league game) in my opinion none of the three will establish themselves in a Championship team.
I think Harrison is better than Roberts in the air and neither of them can be faulted regarding effort.
Jackson apparently has the most pace but I have very rarely seen him use it.

It could be that one or more of them do make it at this level but based purely on what I have seen I doubt it.
Harrison / Roberts on 13:09 - Dec 21 with 4499 viewsHarry_Palmer

Harrison / Roberts on 11:18 - Dec 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

But he plays the role better than Harrison would do. It depends what you are looking for from the player. I think Lambert has been pleased with what Roberts has done and will replace with an upgrade in January rather than something different in Harrison. It will be interesting long term whether a fit Harrison and Jackson have any future here. They seem to be very much on a par. The main reason I would expect any changes tomorrow will be because of the virus that has been going round and the fact Lambert has said there are too many games and so he will rotate players.

But we don't know if Harrison plays the role better or worse than Roberts because he hasn't played it under the Lambert 4-3-3 system.

That is my point really, we have seen what Roberts can do now lets see what Ellis has to offer. I don't believe he could be any less effective to be honest.
Harrison / Roberts on 13:14 - Dec 21 with 4487 viewsSonOfSpock

They may well find their level next season.

In league 1.
Harrison / Roberts on 13:22 - Dec 21 with 4463 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's difficult isn't it

Is it just a case of who's the least sht out of the three options? Jackson, Harrison and Roberts. Not 1 would make it anywhere near another clubs lineup, yet we unfortunately don't have any other option than to pick one of them.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Harrison / Roberts on 13:24 - Dec 21 with 4458 viewsclive_baker

I'm with you on Jackson. I don't think he's the answer in this system but I'm not giving up on him. He's got a natural athleticism and pace that is potentially very valuable and coveted. He certainly seems to have a knack for scoring if you look at his Accrington stats, albeit in L2. The only question mark is how good a footballer is he, which is clearly a big one. His touch looks terrible at times, but I do think there's something to work with.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Harrison / Roberts on 13:45 - Dec 21 with 4428 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Would you be tempted to start Jackson tomorrow?

If we catch Sheff Utd's ball playing centre halves up field joining in the attacks as they like to do, Jackson and Sears pace could be handy.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Harrison / Roberts on 15:45 - Dec 22 with 4202 viewsHarry_Palmer

I had a word with Lambert last night and he agreed. You can thank me later
Harrison / Roberts on 15:49 - Dec 22 with 4165 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Harrison / Roberts on 15:45 - Dec 22 by Harry_Palmer

I had a word with Lambert last night and he agreed. You can thank me later

Certainly looks a good call so far.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024