Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amazing images from the Mars Express 13:49 - Dec 21 with 611 viewsStokieBlue

An amazing picture of the Korolev crater which is permanently filled with ice on Mars:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/dec/21/mars-express-beams-back-images-o

Nice that Korolev has a crater named after him, a true genius of rocket development known only as the Chief Designer whilst he was alive so the US couldn’t assassinate him (not that they would). He designed the rocket that put Sputnik in orbit and upon his death his remains were placed in the Kremlin walls and his name revealed along with a full state funeral. The most ridiculous thing is that he died due to issues he got whilst he was in the gulag, somewhere he was sent in 1938 for no real reason. If that hadn’t have happened the USSR would likely have stayed ahead of the US in the space race.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Korolev

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Amazing images from the Mars Express on 13:57 - Dec 21 with 575 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Mars is an amazing planet, a radio show from the US I listen to had an expert on said their will be two massive announcements by NASA/ESA coming about Mars by the end of next year.

What did you make of finding the Farout possible dwarf planet?

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Amazing images from the Mars Express on 14:16 - Dec 21 with 547 viewsStokieBlue

Amazing images from the Mars Express on 13:57 - Dec 21 by BullardsMagicMullet

Mars is an amazing planet, a radio show from the US I listen to had an expert on said their will be two massive announcements by NASA/ESA coming about Mars by the end of next year.

What did you make of finding the Farout possible dwarf planet?

It's quite interesting, about half the diameter of Ceres and very far out indeed with a long orbit. I doubt it will be the furthest out though, the gravitational influence of the Sun extends a long, long way.

Within the Kuiper belt itself there are probably hundreds of dwarf planets waiting to be found.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024