Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'll take that point 16:56 - Dec 22 with 1859 viewsgt81

Not the best performance, still struggle with ball retention and creating chances but against a good footballing side that could easily have turned us over, can't complain.

Just a shame we don't have that quality to kick on when we take the lead.
I'll take that point on 16:57 - Dec 22 with 1834 viewsAlexGreen

It's a great point for us, Sheff Utd were a class above us, but we put in so much effort we deserved the draw.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

I'll take that point on 16:59 - Dec 22 with 1786 viewsJDB23

Yeah from what I saw Sheff UTD were miles ahead of us in terms of quality so to not lose was a good achievement. Poor time to concede again though, absolutely killed what little momentum we gathered before the break, happened far too often this season.

Have to be happy with 4 points from 6, hopefully we can put in an improved performance against QPR.
I'll take that point on 17:00 - Dec 22 with 1765 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It feels like we have surrendered a lot of points from winning positions this season. About as many as Norwich have picked up in the last 5 minutes of matches.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I'll take that point on 17:03 - Dec 22 with 1704 viewsRobTheMonk

Sheffield played some really nice stuff. Good point for us. We were pretty poor with no one particularly standing out. But to put a positive spin on it we played crap but still got a point.
I'll take that point on 17:12 - Dec 22 with 1628 viewsDarth_Koont

We certainly lacked the control going forward that McGoldrick, Sharp, Duffy, Fleck and Norwood gave the Blades. But hopefully we'll get a couple of signings that are better on the ball.

And still a good return of 4 from 6 in the past home games where we've not played as well as we can. Looking forward to the next away games which I think could suit us well.

On a side note, Harrison took his goal very well. Got the ball out of his feet well and deserved the goal even with the deflection. If we can give players like Harrison, Roberts or Jackson half the chances other strikers seem to get (Norwood's ball to Sharp was ridiculously good) then perhaps we wouldn't have quite the same striking crisis.

Pronouns: He/Him

I'll take that point on 17:15 - Dec 22 with 1608 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I'll take that point on 17:12 - Dec 22 by Darth_Koont

We certainly lacked the control going forward that McGoldrick, Sharp, Duffy, Fleck and Norwood gave the Blades. But hopefully we'll get a couple of signings that are better on the ball.

And still a good return of 4 from 6 in the past home games where we've not played as well as we can. Looking forward to the next away games which I think could suit us well.

On a side note, Harrison took his goal very well. Got the ball out of his feet well and deserved the goal even with the deflection. If we can give players like Harrison, Roberts or Jackson half the chances other strikers seem to get (Norwood's ball to Sharp was ridiculously good) then perhaps we wouldn't have quite the same striking crisis.

Sears has converted a good percentage of his chances recently hasn't he?

Strikers always do better in sides that are creating chances.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I'll take that point on 17:21 - Dec 22 with 1559 viewsDarth_Koont

I'll take that point on 17:15 - Dec 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

Sears has converted a good percentage of his chances recently hasn't he?

Strikers always do better in sides that are creating chances.

True. I think he's done well.

With Freddie it's almost as if the scruffier the chances, and the more the pressure's off, the better.

Pronouns: He/Him

I'll take that point on 17:24 - Dec 22 with 1529 viewsKeaneish

I'll take that point on 16:57 - Dec 22 by AlexGreen

It's a great point for us, Sheff Utd were a class above us, but we put in so much effort we deserved the draw.

Norwood, Duffy and Fleck were miles better In all aspects of that midfield. I'm delighted with a point. Thought the back four were decent today. Much better shape, doubled up better than In recent games and looked generally more alert to the danger.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

I'll take that point on 17:35 - Dec 22 with 1494 viewsRadlett_blue

I'll take that point on 16:59 - Dec 22 by JDB23

Yeah from what I saw Sheff UTD were miles ahead of us in terms of quality so to not lose was a good achievement. Poor time to concede again though, absolutely killed what little momentum we gathered before the break, happened far too often this season.

Have to be happy with 4 points from 6, hopefully we can put in an improved performance against QPR.

We have a poor squad & seem likely to continue to struggle to pick up points against the better sides in this league - Blunts, Forest, Stoke, WBA.
We really need to win some matches against some of the lesser lights if we are to have a chance of staying up. If we get a total of 1pt from QPR & Boro away I will be happy. So we really must beat Millwall & Rotherham at home & then we might be within touching distance of safety.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I'll take that point on 18:59 - Dec 22 with 1405 viewsgt81

I'll take that point on 17:35 - Dec 22 by Radlett_blue

We have a poor squad & seem likely to continue to struggle to pick up points against the better sides in this league - Blunts, Forest, Stoke, WBA.
We really need to win some matches against some of the lesser lights if we are to have a chance of staying up. If we get a total of 1pt from QPR & Boro away I will be happy. So we really must beat Millwall & Rotherham at home & then we might be within touching distance of safety.

To be honest, I think it's a small miracle we've managed to close the gap to 4 points given we've played quite a few sides in contention for promotion recently, hanging on to leads against Preston and Reading would have been ideal but can't change what's past.

Got to win those games at home to Millwall and Rotherham.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024