Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" 17:18 - Dec 22 with 6542 viewsDarth_Koont

Just after he said Spence was "the worst player he's ever seen in a Town shirt".

I'll give Pennington some leeway for his frequent errors but odd that Spence or Knudsen are seen as the weak links given the mistakes all our defenders make.

That's where we are so I'm not going to point fingers at the players but seems odd how people watch games.

Pronouns: He/Him

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 17:23 - Dec 22 with 5876 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

If Pennington didn,t play in his carpet slippers, he wouldn,t make those mistakes. Slipped at crucial times on at least 4 occasions 2nd half.

Chuffed with the point though.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 17:25 - Dec 22 with 5859 viewsunstableblue

Spence and Knudsen were better today against a team that moved it round very quickly on the wings. Still some silly fouls given away. But nit a week to single them out.

Pennington was our best player in first half and kept us in it with a number of interceptions. 2nd half Penningtons studs seem to fail 3 or 4 times which could have been costly.

Where we let ourselves down today was cheap long call turnover - we had 40% accuracy. It was back to the dark days of hoof at times and it just brings pressure on ourselves.

Still a point and that performance is nothing to be ashamed of.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Radio Suffolk phone in: on 17:27 - Dec 22 with 5853 viewsTractorWood

Thought Pennington did well considering he was wearing tap shoes.

Knudsen did pretty well I thought. One of his better games.

Spence is not up to this level. Pure and simple.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 17:27]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 17:29 - Dec 22 with 5835 viewsNthsuffolkblue

His argument for Spence being singled out was "he isn't any worse than the others but he has become a bit of a scapegoat so should be dropped".

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Radio Suffolk phone in: on 17:33 - Dec 22 with 5813 viewsHerbivore

I don't especially rate Pennington to be honest. I thought overall we defended well today through, they're a dangerous side going forward and we limited them.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 17:43]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 17:41 - Dec 22 with 5772 viewsGarv

Anyone in their right mind would recognise Pennington was our best player today, or at least the player who got us out of trouble the most.

Spence and Knudsen get stick because they're consistently poor.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Radio Suffolk phone in: on 17:44 - Dec 22 with 5752 viewsGarv

Radio Suffolk phone in: on 17:27 - Dec 22 by TractorWood

I hope the Knudsen comment is sarcasm.

Radio Suffolk phone in: on 17:47 - Dec 22 with 5733 viewsGarv

Login to get fewer ads

Radio Suffolk phone in: on 17:50 - Dec 22 with 5712 viewsTractorWood

Radio Suffolk phone in: on 17:44 - Dec 22 by Garv

My expectations are pretty low of him and his final ball is dreadful. However, I thought he was ok.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 17:50 - Dec 22 with 5710 viewsDarth_Koont

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 17:29 - Dec 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

His argument for Spence being singled out was "he isn't any worse than the others but he has become a bit of a scapegoat so should be dropped".

Blimey! Missed that part.

Probably goes to show that you should never ever take the callers seriously.

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 18:08 - Dec 22 with 5651 viewsshoopdelang

I can wholeheartedly say that there are players in the Ryman league who are as good as Jordan Spence.

Regarding Pennington, we could do a lot worse.
Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 18:12 - Dec 22 with 5628 viewsDarth_Koont

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 18:08 - Dec 22 by shoopdelang

I can wholeheartedly say that there are players in the Ryman league who are as good as Jordan Spence.

Regarding Pennington, we could do a lot worse.

I'm happy with both. And am happy if Lambert replaces either with a more solid player.

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 18:13 - Dec 22 with 5622 viewschristiand

Pennington was MoM for me with Chalobah not far behind. That was a point gained against a very decent Sheffield United side. I hope PL can get us playing like them in the months to come it was a joy to watch at times.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 18:19 - Dec 22 with 5583 viewsshoopdelang

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 18:12 - Dec 22 by Darth_Koont

I'm happy with both. And am happy if Lambert replaces either with a more solid player.

Spence is no more than semi pro standard, it is clear for all to see he struggles at this level every match
Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 18:23 - Dec 22 with 5568 viewsDarth_Koont

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 18:19 - Dec 22 by shoopdelang

Spence is no more than semi pro standard, it is clear for all to see he struggles at this level every match

But he's no different from our other defenders or the rest of the team really.

I know people like pointing the finger and identifying the single player where everything's going wrong (makes it easier to take for starters) but if you think Spence is the problem then you haven't been watching us this season.

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 18:28 - Dec 22 with 5536 viewschristiand

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 18:23 - Dec 22 by Darth_Koont

I know people like pointing the finger and identifying the single player where everything's going wrong (makes it easier to take for starters) but if you think Spence is the problem then you haven't been watching us this season.

Spence certainly didn't help Edwards out much as an attacking threat and the space was there for him to exploit. A new right back in January, think Edward's game would benefit hugely, having a full back that is attack minded.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 18:28 - Dec 22 with 5538 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 18:19 - Dec 22 by shoopdelang

Yes. How he ever got on making 7 Premier League, over 50 Championship appearances and was a regular in a League 1 promotion winning side before he joined us must baffle you mustn't it.

Plus he was a regular in a side that finished 12th in the Championship last season.

If he is no more than semi-pro standard I wonder how you rate all the League 1 and League 2 players we signed.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 18:29 - Dec 22 with 5525 viewsBlueBadger

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 18:23 - Dec 22 by Darth_Koont

Oddly enough, our defence would be helped immensely by signing a decent centre forward who can hold up the play a bit. At moment, the ball rarely 'sticks' for any length of time up front, so the defence is constantly pressured.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 18:39 - Dec 22 with 5504 viewslmfcblue

All I know is Mick Mills just talking $hit on there tonight. Just saying the most obvious things.
Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 18:42 - Dec 22 with 5493 viewsMullet

Couldn’t believe my chewed up old ears listening to that tonight. Glad I rarely tune in based on what I heard again.

Pennington oplayed well today, but the willingness to credit/withhold praise from players by fans is really odd. I could understand it when we were middling but when we fight with teams like the Blades as per today, the fact someone texted in to make a generic Skuse dig was baffling.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Radio Suffolk phone in: on 18:42 - Dec 22 with 5491 viewsGarv

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 21:40 - Dec 22 with 5335 viewstextbackup

I actually don't think spence was that bad today, been the best he's played in a while, which doesn't mean much in terms of how bad he's been... but an improved is a positive.
Knudsen, I dunno, did very little well imo, made the wrong choice a few times. But I've come to accept that with him.
Pennington slipped 3/4 times and PL had a moan at him for that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Radio Suffolk phone in: on 22:41 - Dec 22 with 5239 viewsKeaneish

Radio Suffolk phone in: on 17:33 - Dec 22 by Herbivore

I don't especially rate Pennington to be honest. I thought overall we defended well today through, they're a dangerous side going forward and we limited them.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 17:43]

How come? I think hes been decent for us this season and I'll be of our most consistent performers. Not as strong as Chambers in the air but decent positioning and reading of the game, better at distribution and good at getting a tackle and interception in. Thought he kept McGoldrick very quiet today.

Along with Sears and Skuse, he's my candidate for player of the season so far.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Radio Suffolk phone in: on 05:33 - Dec 23 with 5086 viewstextbackup

Radio Suffolk phone in: on 22:41 - Dec 22 by Keaneish

How come? I think hes been decent for us this season and I'll be of our most consistent performers. Not as strong as Chambers in the air but decent positioning and reading of the game, better at distribution and good at getting a tackle and interception in. Thought he kept McGoldrick very quiet today.

Along with Sears and Skuse, he's my candidate for player of the season so far.

I see Pennington as a young Berra, a lump that gets in the way and has a big presence, not pretty on the ball, but at this level we've seen the likes of sol bamba marshal a defence in a promotion winning team.
He's just fine imo

Radio Suffolk phone in: "I wouldn't single Pennington out for criticism" on 05:47 - Dec 23 with 5079 viewstextbackup

I'm sorry? Multiple attacks leading to goals have come from the right, multiple unstopped crosses, multiple times he's lost his man and been caught ball watching. He's not the only problem I agree, but come on, it's a huge issue at how poor he's been.
He got done yesterday, and literally had no idea what was happening around him so dragged the man down without even looking, he had cover but gave away a stupid free kick. I'm not saying no other player has committed such a foul, but the guy lacks footballing intelligence.

All that said, there was a few times yesterday when he had the ball in a Ackward positions and managed to get it down the line instead of his normal touch line hoof for a throw in, so if that's the standard we deem "ok" then I guess he got it spot on

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024