Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scraped a draw today 19:50 - Dec 22 with 1305 viewsthebooks

Thought we were OK. Sheff U probably the best team I've seen at PR this season; passed it round *lovely*.

The good: defence solid enough. Harrison's goal was great. Chalobah ended up playing well. Spirit strong. Knudsen. Atmosphere good. 1300 SU fans, about half them in Santa costumes. Beer (Fireside) OK, the crisps and coca-cola cost too much. We nabbed a draw.

The bad: as ever, our players aren't as good as the other team's. For too long the midfield either refused to take the ball or released it way too early. Lambert obviously wants to pass it out from the back, but the team can't do it and ends up punting it downfield. I'm not sure we're approaching our situation the right way.

Chalobah did end up accepting the ball and driving it forward. We miss Cole Skuse a lot.

Still, we're in touching distance. Some good loan signings and we *might* have a chance. But I think we're going down.
Scraped a draw today on 20:05 - Dec 22 with 1251 viewsartsbossbeard

We didn't scrape a draw, we earnt a draw.

They're a decent side and we kinda matched them up, well done PL and the boys.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Scraped a draw today on 21:15 - Dec 22 with 1151 viewsPecker

Scraped a draw today on 20:05 - Dec 22 by artsbossbeard

We didn't scrape a draw, we earnt a draw.

They're a decent side and we kinda matched them up, well done PL and the boys.

They were the better side, but as you say, we earned that.
Scraped a draw today on 07:35 - Dec 23 with 972 viewsKeaneish

The punt down field was tactical to try and release Harrison, no? I don't think it worked particularly well but all game we tried to get it forward early. It was the right approach in my opinion. A pair of 19 year olds and Nolan playing through the middle against Duffy, Fleck and Norwood was a no go.

So weak in that midfield without Skuse. Time to cancel the Adeyemi and Huws contracts and get them off the wage bill in my opinion to free up some funds.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Scraped a draw today on 09:22 - Dec 23 with 875 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Scraped a draw today on 07:35 - Dec 23 by Keaneish

The punt down field was tactical to try and release Harrison, no? I don't think it worked particularly well but all game we tried to get it forward early. It was the right approach in my opinion. A pair of 19 year olds and Nolan playing through the middle against Duffy, Fleck and Norwood was a no go.

So weak in that midfield without Skuse. Time to cancel the Adeyemi and Huws contracts and get them off the wage bill in my opinion to free up some funds.

We’d have to pay their contracts up if we release them, so how would that free up funds?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024