Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jon Nolan 15:48 - Dec 26 with 10939 viewsMenton

Looks like he’s just sealed his position as scapegoat for the idiots.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Jon Nolan on 15:50 - Dec 26 with 6534 viewsSpruceMoose

He's not a scapegoat if he's actually to blame for that goal though is he?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Jon Nolan on 15:51 - Dec 26 with 6523 viewsStokieBlue

Alternatively people should legitimately criticise and absolutely appalling personal performance.

Or isn't that allowed?

He's been past shocking that half. He was decent last match.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jon Nolan on 15:51 - Dec 26 with 6503 viewsjas0999

Scapegoat? No.

He’s simply been very poor.
Jon Nolan on 15:52 - Dec 26 with 6482 viewsurbanblue

Jon Nolan on 15:50 - Dec 26 by SpruceMoose

He's not a scapegoat if he's actually to blame for that goal though is he?

Yes, a bad error but aside from that he's played well.
Jon Nolan on 15:52 - Dec 26 with 6476 viewsDubtractor

Jon Nolan on 15:51 - Dec 26 by StokieBlue

Alternatively people should legitimately criticise and absolutely appalling personal performance.

Or isn't that allowed?

SB

Odd this season, people seem desperate to point out scapegoating, when in all honesty posters are simply pointing out that players have been poor.

I mean, the table does tell a tale here doesn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Jon Nolan on 15:52 - Dec 26 with 6474 viewsBlue_Moses

Only the idiots defending poor performances
Jon Nolan on 15:53 - Dec 26 with 6459 viewsWestcountryblue

I’m not one to criticise players, but his first half display was woeful. Got brushed off the ball several times, sold his teammates short with his passing many a time, lacked any sort of mobility...it’s really frustrating when we have the likes of Edwards, Lankester, Bishop and Dozzell in the wings who offer us so much more.
Jon Nolan on 15:53 - Dec 26 with 6446 viewsBrixtonBlue

Or isn't that allowed?

SB

I actually thought he played pretty well other than that dreadful pass.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Jon Nolan on 15:53 - Dec 26 with 6441 viewsMenton

Or isn't that allowed?

SB

He’s actually played well, that mistake aside. Exactly the kind of midfielder we’ve been missing for a long time. Needs to cut the mistakes out but he’s improving fast.

Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Jon Nolan on 15:54 - Dec 26 with 6430 viewsStokieBlue

Jon Nolan on 15:52 - Dec 26 by urbanblue

Disagree entirely, explained in the other thread but I certainly haven't watched the game you're watching.

Sure it's not the Sheffield match?

SB

Jon Nolan on 15:54 - Dec 26 with 6423 viewsgainsboroughblue

I would rather he sealed his position as a reliable member of our midfield.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Jon Nolan on 15:55 - Dec 26 with 6402 viewsMenton

Jon Nolan on 15:52 - Dec 26 by Blue_Moses

Only the idiots defending poor performances

Was a good performance marred by one horrendous error.

Jon Nolan on 15:55 - Dec 26 with 6392 viewsTrequartista

Jon Nolan on 15:52 - Dec 26 by urbanblue

I was just remarking that he was having one of his best games when he gave that ball away. Dreadful error though and is likely to affect his confidence for the rest of the game.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Jon Nolan on 15:55 - Dec 26 with 6372 viewsSpruceMoose

Jon Nolan on 15:53 - Dec 26 by BrixtonBlue

You wot m8?! What did you think he did well exactly?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Jon Nolan on 15:56 - Dec 26 with 6337 viewssparks

He got lucky with a very similar one 5 minutes earlier. No excuse.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Jon Nolan on 15:57 - Dec 26 with 6333 viewsurbanblue

Jon Nolan on 15:54 - Dec 26 by StokieBlue

Disagree entirely, explained in the other thread but I certainly haven't watched the game you're watching.

Sure it's not the Sheffield match?

SB

Opinion innit ... Millsy seems to think the same as do other posters who are now saying the same thing on here.
Jon Nolan on 16:02 - Dec 26 with 6218 viewsBrixtonBlue

Jon Nolan on 15:55 - Dec 26 by SpruceMoose

You wot m8?! What did you think he did well exactly?

He was involved in our best attacks. I think some of you have been blinded by that terrible pass.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Jon Nolan on 16:02 - Dec 26 with 6204 viewsconnorscontract

Jon Nolan on 15:53 - Dec 26 by Menton

He’s actually played well, that mistake aside. Exactly the kind of midfielder we’ve been missing for a long time. Needs to cut the mistakes out but he’s improving fast.

I'm kind of in the middle. The goal back pass was appallingly bad, and he had already done something similar. He also caused an attack to break down when he layed off the ball and underhit it and the defender nipped in and intercepted.

He's also just jogged near to QPR players when they attack, rather than putting in a challenge, or at least making them feel his presence.

But on the plus side he has put in a couple of lovely dinked balls behind the defence, one of which came off, and one which nearly did.

Overall the minuses outweigh the positives, for me, but there have been positives.
Jon Nolan on 16:03 - Dec 26 with 6181 viewsSpruceMoose

Jon Nolan on 16:02 - Dec 26 by BrixtonBlue

He was involved in our best attacks. I think some of you have been blinded by that terrible pass.

It was a pass of retina burning awfulness I suppose. It made me go full Stevie Wonder.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 16:04]

Jon Nolan on 16:04 - Dec 26 with 6172 viewsblaggers

He's been appalling. But then, the team in general has been so bad this year that all performances are relative. When Sears becomes your best player, you know we are toilet.

Poll: What happens next?

Jon Nolan on 16:04 - Dec 26 with 6170 viewsAlexGreen

I want him to do well, he was in the team of the season in League One last year and looked all the way like he could step up but he really hasn't, and we're halfway through the season now.

Today he's been poor, he really has. He plays such close passes 90% of the time, which don't do anything for the team and look like he just wants to get rid. He played one wonderful ball to Harrison and should be encouraged to try more adventurous passes like that.

I don't think people will give him a hard time if he starts playing better, but right now he's looking the weak link to be honest.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Jon Nolan on 16:06 - Dec 26 with 6138 viewsOsborneOneNil

Jon Nolan on 16:02 - Dec 26 by BrixtonBlue

Agree, been decent up until that awful howler.
Jon Nolan on 16:06 - Dec 26 with 6130 viewsLeagueOne

Jon Nolan on 15:52 - Dec 26 by Dubtractor

Odd this season, people seem desperate to point out scapegoating, when in all honesty posters are simply pointing out that players have been poor.

I mean, the table does tell a tale here doesn't it?

It's easily our worst team ever, the fact people are still arguing it is quite strange given we've been in the bottom three all season having won just two games. People who pointed out the side wasn't looking good in the pre-season were shouted down for it too, were told they were pushing narratives and the like. In August we were told that was the best business the club ever did too by that same group of fans. There must be a total disconnect between heart and head with those people, we all want Ipswich to do well, but the team isn't good enough, and thats not the supports fault.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Jon Nolan on 16:07 - Dec 26 with 6103 viewsSpruceMoose

Jon Nolan on 16:06 - Dec 26 by LeagueOne

It's easily our worst team ever, the fact people are still arguing it is quite strange given we've been in the bottom three all season having won just two games. People who pointed out the side wasn't looking good in the pre-season were shouted down for it too, were told they were pushing narratives and the like. In August we were told that was the best business the club ever did too by that same group of fans. There must be a total disconnect between heart and head with those people, we all want Ipswich to do well, but the team isn't good enough, and thats not the supports fault.

You seem more concerned with being patted on the back than the state the team is in.

Jon Nolan on 16:08 - Dec 26 with 6103 viewsStokieBlue

What the exact same dreadful pass which nearly led to a goal five minutes before?

I don't recall a single forward pass of intent from him that's come off.

He played well against Sheffield but not in that half for me. Game of opinions I guess.

SB
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 16:09]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024