Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! 19:45 - Dec 26 with 4638 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Seriously there is at least 3 players on the pitch that were worse than him today, he made a mistake big deal? we're all human and he stepped up again after making the mistake

first half he looked very lively in the final third had a great chance which he was unlucky Ward didn't follow up on and a delightful ball over the top for Harrison, more than anyone else all game?

last three games Nolan has been one of the better players looks comfortable on the ball and isn't afraid of using the ball in tight area's and for some reason he takes all the blame.

Personal highlight was Callis being told to F**k off after berating Jordan Spence's performances from the first whistle (although he was shocking today, half hearted)
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 19:46]

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 20:20 - Dec 26 with 3942 viewsLeagueOne

The support is turning on the players now, particularly Spence. It's much like what happened in 2017 when we were nearly relegated, Lambert will get a pass for this season, Evans seems to avoid a lot of the heat so the players will take the brunt of the ire. We were decimated today and showed very little fight, let's be honest.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 22:29 - Dec 26 with 3786 viewsmonytowbray

Mills is 90% sure it was his GF lol. FWIW I think besides that I was one of the few in our little bit that tried to make a bit of noise even at 2-0 down, by 3-0 I was just despressingly drunk and wanted to go home.

My thing with Spence is you can literally watch a defender make the same mistakes every week. OH LOOK, SPENCE HAS LET HIS MAN GO AND IS TOO BUSY WATCHING THE BALL AGAIN. OH LOOK, WE’VE BEEN CAUGHT ON THE COUNTER AND SPENCE IS JOGGING BACK EXPECTING SOMEONE ELSE TO DEAL WITH IT. How a player that young and fit in the modern era of sports science football can do half of what a slightly overweight Stockwell could still do towards the end of his career with us baffles me.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 22:38 - Dec 26 with 3776 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I make you right about Nolan.... Although ur mate was being a bit of a tw@t.. I was sitting behind the girl who replied and a lot of people were getting a bit p1ssed off at him.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 22:44 - Dec 26 with 3744 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 22:29 - Dec 26 by monytowbray

Mills is 90% sure it was his GF lol. FWIW I think besides that I was one of the few in our little bit that tried to make a bit of noise even at 2-0 down, by 3-0 I was just despressingly drunk and wanted to go home.

My thing with Spence is you can literally watch a defender make the same mistakes every week. OH LOOK, SPENCE HAS LET HIS MAN GO AND IS TOO BUSY WATCHING THE BALL AGAIN. OH LOOK, WE’VE BEEN CAUGHT ON THE COUNTER AND SPENCE IS JOGGING BACK EXPECTING SOMEONE ELSE TO DEAL WITH IT. How a player that young and fit in the modern era of sports science football can do half of what a slightly overweight Stockwell could still do towards the end of his career with us baffles me.

You were being a bit of a tw@t tbh mate.. If you were the guy who got told to shut the f up..

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 22:44 - Dec 26 with 3740 viewsmonytowbray

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 22:38 - Dec 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

I make you right about Nolan.... Although ur mate was being a bit of a tw@t.. I was sitting behind the girl who replied and a lot of people were getting a bit p1ssed off at him.

The same people who sat in silence for 90 minutes you mean? I can live with that.

TWTD never forgets…

Post of the day... on 22:46 - Dec 26 with 3737 viewsunstableblue

...I totally agree. The criticism and abuse of Nolan since his return to the side under Lambert is ill judged and based on prejudice to Hursts appalling managerial stint.

Look Nolan has not been amazing, and his mistake today was costly. But he has been one of our better performers in recent weeks and seems to be improving and growing into the championship.

Why berate a town player when little justified.

Knudsen and Spence have been really poor but have both improved - albeit from a low bar - they are who we have.

Our problem is squad investment and a deterioration in playing style over many years. Lambert is doing a remarkable job in such a difficult situation.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Post of the day... on 22:47 - Dec 26 with 3727 viewsmonytowbray

Post of the day... on 22:46 - Dec 26 by unstableblue

...I totally agree. The criticism and abuse of Nolan since his return to the side under Lambert is ill judged and based on prejudice to Hursts appalling managerial stint.

Look Nolan has not been amazing, and his mistake today was costly. But he has been one of our better performers in recent weeks and seems to be improving and growing into the championship.

Why berate a town player when little justified.

Knudsen and Spence have been really poor but have both improved - albeit from a low bar - they are who we have.

Our problem is squad investment and a deterioration in playing style over many years. Lambert is doing a remarkable job in such a difficult situation.

I think Knudsen has got considerably worse this season. Always thought he was alright before but this season both full back roles have lacked anything at either end of the pitch.

TWTD never forgets…

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 22:47 - Dec 26 with 3727 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 22:44 - Dec 26 by monytowbray

The same people who sat in silence for 90 minutes you mean? I can live with that.

Nope I wasn't sitting in silence and I am one of the people on this forum who often moans about lack of Atmosphere. It was more the fact you are moaning about people not joining in and trying to create a good atmosphere. Whilst at the same time you were moaning at our players and berating them for 90 minutes.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 22:49]

Login to get fewer ads

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 22:49 - Dec 26 with 3710 viewsmonytowbray

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 22:47 - Dec 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

Nope I wasn't sitting in silence and I am one of the people on this forum who often moans about lack of Atmosphere. It was more the fact you are moaning about people not joining in and trying to create a good atmosphere. Whilst at the same time you were moaning at our players and berating them for 90 minutes.

Because I made the odd comment about how (rightly) awful Spence is? I think you need to perhaps weigh up the pros and the cons.

TWTD never forgets…

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 22:53 - Dec 26 with 3697 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 22:49 - Dec 26 by monytowbray

Because I made the odd comment about how (rightly) awful Spence is? I think you need to perhaps weigh up the pros and the cons.

You also had a pop at Chambers whilst he was taking a free kick, My mate picked up on it as well. I get that Spence is bad, but personally I do not see the need to keep screaming it at the top of your voice for 90 minutes.. Its pointless and all very look at me tbh

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 22:57 - Dec 26 with 3679 viewsmonytowbray

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 22:53 - Dec 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

You also had a pop at Chambers whilst he was taking a free kick, My mate picked up on it as well. I get that Spence is bad, but personally I do not see the need to keep screaming it at the top of your voice for 90 minutes.. Its pointless and all very look at me tbh

I literally couldn’t fault Chambers today and had little to say negative about him other than the entire defence for the 3rd goal. I think you may have that comment confused for someone else.

The moment that woman got lairy was as I shouted at him to get back when he casually jogged up the ptich on a counter attack from his side. It’s frustrating but I still tried to make a noise. I still stayed and clapped at the end. I still waste my time and money travelling to make games home and away. As I said, perhaps weigh up the pros and the cons from a pretty p1ss poor performance even by our recent standards.

TWTD never forgets…

Post of the day... on 22:58 - Dec 26 with 3673 viewsunstableblue

Post of the day... on 22:47 - Dec 26 by monytowbray

I think Knudsen has got considerably worse this season. Always thought he was alright before but this season both full back roles have lacked anything at either end of the pitch.

The full backs have been terrible this season, terrible.

Spence probably the worse; but the amount of errors and turnovers from Knudsen and his inability to threaten for sustained periods has really hurt us.

BUT, both had improved against Wigan and the blades...

But again they are the sh!t that Lambert has inherited so we need to back them.

I would not keep Knudsen- so many fans seem to back him. Whereas he’s been a real part of our problem for 2 seasons.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 23:00 - Dec 26 with 3660 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 22:57 - Dec 26 by monytowbray

I literally couldn’t fault Chambers today and had little to say negative about him other than the entire defence for the 3rd goal. I think you may have that comment confused for someone else.

The moment that woman got lairy was as I shouted at him to get back when he casually jogged up the ptich on a counter attack from his side. It’s frustrating but I still tried to make a noise. I still stayed and clapped at the end. I still waste my time and money travelling to make games home and away. As I said, perhaps weigh up the pros and the cons from a pretty p1ss poor performance even by our recent standards.

I take your point....Personally I think that moaning at our players from the sideline is pointless because it doesn't change anything and we need to support, especially now. Each to their own I guess.

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 23:04 - Dec 26 with 3642 viewsmonytowbray

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 23:00 - Dec 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

I take your point....Personally I think that moaning at our players from the sideline is pointless because it doesn't change anything and we need to support, especially now. Each to their own I guess.

I spent 90 minutes trying to sing amongst Boxing Day Sales day trippers who probably had a nice pre-match day out at Westfield and wanted to sit in silence. Felt our support today from some sections was shocking personally, even at 0-0. I think most of us are fairly entitled to moments of extreme frustration today (and for most the season) watching some of the atrocities unfold in front of our eyes.

TWTD never forgets…

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 23:10 - Dec 26 with 3597 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 23:04 - Dec 26 by monytowbray

I spent 90 minutes trying to sing amongst Boxing Day Sales day trippers who probably had a nice pre-match day out at Westfield and wanted to sit in silence. Felt our support today from some sections was shocking personally, even at 0-0. I think most of us are fairly entitled to moments of extreme frustration today (and for most the season) watching some of the atrocities unfold in front of our eyes.

I agree with much of what you have just said. I have not missed a game this season and the atmosphere is far better at games like Sheffield and forest.

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 23:11 - Dec 26 with 3593 viewsmonytowbray

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 23:10 - Dec 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

I agree with much of what you have just said. I have not missed a game this season and the atmosphere is far better at games like Sheffield and forest.

I really did expect a bit better from us today. We drowned out QPR even at 3-0 down at some points from the right of us.

TWTD never forgets…

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 23:17 - Dec 26 with 3560 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 23:11 - Dec 26 by monytowbray

I really did expect a bit better from us today. We drowned out QPR even at 3-0 down at some points from the right of us.

It was same at Qpr last season. I think it is due to the fact that it is a wide away end, so it is hard to get all fans on one song.

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 23:25 - Dec 26 with 3526 viewspatrickswell

Whether it’s fair or not, Nolan stands out as Hurst’s boy and mistakes like today’s coupled with his general safe-and-tidy-don’t-mind-me demeanour - he looks like he hates being out there and longs for the anonymity of a League One clash (you watch, he’ll hoodwink us all into believing that he’s a decent player next season, if still here) is going to make him a target. He’s a perpetual reminder of the crap legacy that Hurst has left us with - all other reminders are either mouldering on the bench (Jackson, Roberts), just back from injury (Harrison) or so clearly holding a ticket to Palookaville in January (Nsiala) as to be out of the firing line.

Put it this way, we lost Martyn Waghorn in order to get Jon Nolan - does that seem like good business to you?
What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 23:34 - Dec 26 with 3487 viewsMrTown

If you eradicated his error he had the best game on the pitch, even with his error he was up there with Chalobah.

When he was booed by our own ‘fans’, felt ashamed, absolutely pathetic by so called ‘fans’.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 00:09 - Dec 27 with 3417 viewspatrickswell

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 23:34 - Dec 26 by MrTown

If you eradicated his error he had the best game on the pitch, even with his error he was up there with Chalobah.

When he was booed by our own ‘fans’, felt ashamed, absolutely pathetic by so called ‘fans’.

Who booed him? I didn’t hear any booing today when he was substituted? Or are you talking about when he came on at Forest?

Either way, he needs to do so much more if we’re going to get out of this. He doesn’t look capable of it so far, and worse, he doesn’t look like he believes he’s capable either.
What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 02:26 - Dec 27 with 3248 viewsBenters2

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 22:44 - Dec 26 by monytowbray

Perhaps they were asleep.
What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 02:32 - Dec 27 with 3239 viewsBenters2

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 22:47 - Dec 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

Lack of meat has made him grumpy.

Defo info.
What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 02:37 - Dec 27 with 3237 viewsmonytowbray

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 02:26 - Dec 27 by Benters2

Perhaps they were asleep.

Perhaps they were angry I woke them up shouting about how sh*t Spence is.

My mate is almost certain it was his other half. Perhaps when she spends 22+ years spending time and money to follow this club currently bottom of the 2nd tier rather than going to the odd game Spence gets free family tickets for to sit in silence watching her other half she can tell me to “shut the f*ck up” all she likes. My money says when Spence inevitably is replaced she won’t be seen at Ipswich games any more.

The point she shouted at me was during another frustrating scream of “get a run on Spence” as he lightly jogged back whilst QPR broke away on a counter from his side. I may have shouted the C word too, I don’t quite remember because I was at the point of a bit drunk and frustrated beyond believe.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 2:39]

TWTD never forgets…

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 04:39 - Dec 27 with 3169 viewsBenters2

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 02:37 - Dec 27 by monytowbray

My mate is almost certain it was his other half. Perhaps when she spends 22+ years spending time and money to follow this club currently bottom of the 2nd tier rather than going to the odd game Spence gets free family tickets for to sit in silence watching her other half she can tell me to “shut the f*ck up” all she likes. My money says when Spence inevitably is replaced she won’t be seen at Ipswich games any more.

The point she shouted at me was during another frustrating scream of “get a run on Spence” as he lightly jogged back whilst QPR broke away on a counter from his side. I may have shouted the C word too, I don’t quite remember because I was at the point of a bit drunk and frustrated beyond believe.

Good man shout what you want fk em.She sounds a charming lady.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 4:55]
What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 08:32 - Dec 27 with 2961 viewshorsehollerer

What is with the Nolan animosity, booed by our own fans? Pathetic! on 02:37 - Dec 27 by monytowbray

You do know Spence's missus is Naomi Scott, the pink power ranger, yes? And one of the new Charlie's Angels?
You are a walking dead man!

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024