Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a guideline for referees... 08:34 - Dec 27 with 1405 viewshoppy

I noticed on at least three occasions yesterday, we tried to take a quick free kick and each time the ref blew to bring it back to take again. Quite often you see other teams, and we’ve been punished by them at times too, when it’s led to a goal. So what is it that makes the difference and why do some refs seem to allow it whilst others don’t? Surely this is another thing where there should be some consistency?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Is there a guideline for referees... on 08:36 - Dec 27 with 1384 viewsKieran_Knows

Keith Stroud.

Enough said.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Is there a guideline for referees... on 08:59 - Dec 27 with 1332 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Keith Stroud is a pedantic little twerp. Therefor he is at least consistent.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Is there a guideline for referees... on 09:19 - Dec 27 with 1298 viewsEly_Blue

What was worse was that he allowed QPR to take quick free kicks though.... its the inconsistency in the same game that does my head in.

If as a referee you are going to do something from the start of the game (let certain things go, yellow cards for certain types of fouls etc) then at least be consistent for both teams for the entire 90 minutes

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Is there a guideline for referees... on 09:22 - Dec 27 with 1296 viewsBluebell

We noticed that.

He also picked Spence up for a foul throw in (something he often does) but then I have a feeling Stroud has a grudge against Spence anyway!
Is there a guideline for referees... on 09:41 - Dec 27 with 1244 viewshoppy

Is there a guideline for referees... on 09:22 - Dec 27 by Bluebell

We noticed that.

He also picked Spence up for a foul throw in (something he often does) but then I have a feeling Stroud has a grudge against Spence anyway!

You’d think Shroud was a Town fan then, if he seems to have a grudge against Spence?

Is there a guideline for referees... on 09:43 - Dec 27 with 1235 viewshoppy

Is there a guideline for referees... on 09:19 - Dec 27 by Ely_Blue

What was worse was that he allowed QPR to take quick free kicks though.... its the inconsistency in the same game that does my head in.

If as a referee you are going to do something from the start of the game (let certain things go, yellow cards for certain types of fouls etc) then at least be consistent for both teams for the entire 90 minutes

Exactly.

Is there a guideline for referees... on 09:46 - Dec 27 with 1225 viewstractorboy7777

Yep I noticed this too, and it’s not just been this game. Same happened against Sheff Utd and they were allowed to which almost cost us a goal if it weren’t for offside.

I don’t think there was a foul for the second goal yesterday.

There was one instance yesterday where the ball completely stopped at the place of the foul, we took a quick free kick and he stopped us and told us to move it back five or so yards!

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Is there a guideline for referees... on 09:53 - Dec 27 with 1202 viewsElephantintheRoom

You noticed a qualified referee applying a law of the game. Quick free kicks are entirely at the discretion of the referee. So as every game and every referee is diffferent their discretion will be different.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Is there a guideline for referees... on 09:57 - Dec 27 with 1186 viewsFtnfwest

You need to be a famous footballer to get away with that
Is there a guideline for referees... on 10:01 - Dec 27 with 1180 viewsDurovigutum

The only "rule" I'm aware of is advice around "showpiece" free kicks around the penalty area. My ref training course said if the players ask to take it quickly and you're ready then let them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024