Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have to have some sympathy for Grant Ward yesterday 09:52 - Dec 27 with 1554 viewspatrickswell

Carried off on a stretcher and had to deal with the socially awkward situation of someone in a wheelchair launching the ball at his face at close range when he went to receive the ball for a throw-in, to the cheers of the QPR fans and which the wheelchair user gleefully acknowledged. I mean what could poor Grant say,

“Now, now. Play nice. I didn’t put you in that thing.”
“Well, you’ve blown your chances of getting my shirt after the game”.
“You might be disabled, but that doesn’t give you licence to behave like a dick”.

Also, that glass box to the right of our stand which had the family of QPR fans in it. I wonder if they hire that out whenever they play Millwall or Leeds?
Have to have some sympathy for Grant Ward yesterday on 13:20 - Dec 27 with 1272 viewsIllinoisblue

is that what the incident was as he was getting/waiting to be stretchered off? I could see some commotion in the background and then stewards running in to calm things down.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Have to have some sympathy for Grant Ward yesterday on 15:04 - Dec 27 with 1105 viewspatrickswell

Have to have some sympathy for Grant Ward yesterday on 13:20 - Dec 27 by Illinoisblue

is that what the incident was as he was getting/waiting to be stretchered off? I could see some commotion in the background and then stewards running in to calm things down.

No, they happened on different sides of the pitch to each other. To be fair to him, he didn’t bat an eyelid at the wheelchair user trying to break his nose.

The commotion behind him when he was receiving treatment relates to a fight in the stand behind him. I saw nothing, but an AwayDays fan video on YouTube shows somebody wrestiling with a steward before being ejected.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024