Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gerken has to do better with that first goal 13:39 - Dec 27 with 5651 viewskizaitfc

Far too many errors in his game for me, we need an in form Bart back desperately

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 13:40 - Dec 27 with 5644 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not a chance, swerving ball, bounce just before reaching him, great first stop tbh, defence needed to be on their toes a lot quicker imo

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 13:43 - Dec 27 with 5630 viewsHerbivore

Should have turned it round the post or pushed it out wider, the defence was utterly static though. Their player wasn't even under pressure following up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 13:44 - Dec 27 with 5628 viewskizaitfc

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 13:40 - Dec 27 by FrimleyBlue

Not a chance, swerving ball, bounce just before reaching him, great first stop tbh, defence needed to be on their toes a lot quicker imo

The shot comes from over 30 yards, got to be pushed away from goal.

We should not be conceding from strikers taking pot shots from that distance, if so we really are "doomed"

I agree defence also could have helped though

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 13:50 - Dec 27 with 5601 viewsDennyx4

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 13:40 - Dec 27 by FrimleyBlue

Got to do better - shot was from 35 yards.

Need to push wide or keep hold of it - poor keeping.
Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 13:54 - Dec 27 with 5582 viewscbower

Totally agree. Kids are taught to push it to the angles or wide if you can't hold on to it. Gerks just pushed it straight out. Rank poor goalkeeping. You can blame defenders for not following in and Nolan for a ball he had time and a good look before he played it but Gerken must do better. Seems hard to criticise considering Bart's poor form but neither of them do the goalkeeping basics well enough for me. Brilliant shot stoppers but poor on crosses and distribution and prone to errors on shots from distance.

bluescouser

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 14:01 - Dec 27 with 5564 viewsFrimleyBlue

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 13:54 - Dec 27 by cbower

Totally agree. Kids are taught to push it to the angles or wide if you can't hold on to it. Gerks just pushed it straight out. Rank poor goalkeeping. You can blame defenders for not following in and Nolan for a ball he had time and a good look before he played it but Gerken must do better. Seems hard to criticise considering Bart's poor form but neither of them do the goalkeeping basics well enough for me. Brilliant shot stoppers but poor on crosses and distribution and prone to errors on shots from distance.

He's pushed it to the side, not as much as he'd have hoped of course
But defensive issues, first Penningtons little flick attempt and ball watching and Knudsen not following the runner

Waka waka eh eh

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 14:21 - Dec 27 with 5528 viewsTrequartista

I wouldn't put that down as a mistake, it was a difficult save with the way it bounced, i'm not convinced Bart would have stopped it all on his current form.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 14:27 - Dec 27 with 5509 viewsFrimleyBlue

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 14:21 - Dec 27 by Trequartista

I wouldn't put that down as a mistake, it was a difficult save with the way it bounced, i'm not convinced Bart would have stopped it all on his current form.

He prob would have caught it, rolled over and dropped the ball over the line ;)

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 14:33 - Dec 27 with 5494 viewspatrickswell

He and the rest of the backline were probably still in shock at Nolan’s error. Saw the highlights again just now and he’s not even unsighted, it’s just, “There you go, Nakhi - help yourself.”
Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 14:35 - Dec 27 with 5484 viewsFrimleyBlue

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 14:33 - Dec 27 by patrickswell

He and the rest of the backline were probably still in shock at Nolan’s error. Saw the highlights again just now and he’s not even unsighted, it’s just, “There you go, Nakhi - help yourself.”

He's clearly going for chambers, but can't work out why.

Waka waka eh eh

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 14:46 - Dec 27 with 5464 viewspatrickswell

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 14:35 - Dec 27 by FrimleyBlue

He's clearly going for chambers, but can't work out why.

Indeed, but I’m sure someone will have found a way to blame Spence or Knudsen before the end of the day.
Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 14:48 - Dec 27 with 5456 viewsFrimleyBlue

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 14:46 - Dec 27 by patrickswell

Indeed, but I’m sure someone will have found a way to blame Spence or Knudsen before the end of the day.

lol. I'm not a fan of either, but for once they can't be blamed for this one.

Just watched it again, I have no clue what he's doing.

Waka waka eh eh

on 17:33 - Dec 27 with 5364 views_

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 17:55 - Dec 27 with 5331 viewsbadadski

on 17:33 - Dec 27 by _

Nolan did look, he did see Wells there, it was just a crap pass trying to play it cross field by the looks of it, he looked over, angled his body to get some inswing over for far side of the pitch but completely duffed it.

Not that i condone it but Lambert has said he wants us switching it up and playing out so will take blame. It was a bad back pass as was supposed to be going other side of the pitch probably to Knudsen at a guess. I could be wrong but he was looking so its the only thing that makes sense.
Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 18:05 - Dec 27 with 5305 viewstextbackup

i mean im no expert but I count 3 mistakes in the lead up the that goal.

Nolan - he simply couldn't have seen the man standing there
gerken - matey shoots from 35/40 yards!
the defence - anyone want to get back and help the keeper out?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 18:18 - Dec 27 with 5283 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 18:05 - Dec 27 by textbackup

i mean im no expert but I count 3 mistakes in the lead up the that goal.

Nolan - he simply couldn't have seen the man standing there
gerken - matey shoots from 35/40 yards!
the defence - anyone want to get back and help the keeper out?

Yep. Like most goals it’s rarely down to one factor. Generally a number of players could have done something better that would have avoided conceding and I’ve been surprised the defenders haven’t had more stick for this one. Especially as a certain left back doesn’t follow the run.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 18:33 - Dec 27 with 5240 viewstextbackup

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 18:18 - Dec 27 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Yep. Like most goals it’s rarely down to one factor. Generally a number of players could have done something better that would have avoided conceding and I’ve been surprised the defenders haven’t had more stick for this one. Especially as a certain left back doesn’t follow the run.

yep, but he went to the world cup so void of a beating

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 20:15 - Dec 27 with 5136 viewschristiand

If I was PL, I’d be looking for an experienced loan keeper in January, neither Gerken or Bart are playing well enough to justify being number 1. Such an important position, you need a keeper that is going to give the defence confidence and be reliable. Just don’t believe either of them, for differing reasons, are able to do that at this point in time.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 20:19 - Dec 27 with 5121 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We are not going to magic up an in-form Bart. Bringing him back and then dropping him when his next few mistakes have cost us is just going to make things even worse.

All keepers make mistakes. Gerken has been fine overall since he came in.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 20:28 - Dec 27 with 5095 viewsStNeotsBlue

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 20:19 - Dec 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

We are not going to magic up an in-form Bart. Bringing him back and then dropping him when his next few mistakes have cost us is just going to make things even worse.

All keepers make mistakes. Gerken has been fine overall since he came in.

I don't think he is good enough, Gerken's kicking and command of his area doesn't inspire confidence. We could do with Bart getting over his case of the yips sharpish.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 20:34]
Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 21:17 - Dec 27 with 5031 viewsPJH

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 20:28 - Dec 27 by StNeotsBlue

I don't think he is good enough, Gerken's kicking and command of his area doesn't inspire confidence. We could do with Bart getting over his case of the yips sharpish.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 20:34]

Trouble is the only way that we will find out if Bart is over his case of the yips (which so far has lasted five months) is by playing him for several games and if the yips continue through those games....

There can be no argument (I assume) that the Bart of the previous two and a half seasons is the better keeper by a long way but I think there is a case still for saying that the Bart of this season is the weaker keeper.
Gerken may not be good enough but unless there can be a way of finding out if Bart has miraculously re found his form without actually putting it to the test in a first team game then I would for the moment pick Gerks.
Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 21:32 - Dec 27 with 5005 viewsStNeotsBlue

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 21:17 - Dec 27 by PJH

Trouble is the only way that we will find out if Bart is over his case of the yips (which so far has lasted five months) is by playing him for several games and if the yips continue through those games....

There can be no argument (I assume) that the Bart of the previous two and a half seasons is the better keeper by a long way but I think there is a case still for saying that the Bart of this season is the weaker keeper.
Gerken may not be good enough but unless there can be a way of finding out if Bart has miraculously re found his form without actually putting it to the test in a first team game then I would for the moment pick Gerks.

I think we're in broad agreement on this one.
Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 21:40 - Dec 27 with 4990 viewsPJH

Gerken has to do better with that first goal on 21:32 - Dec 27 by StNeotsBlue

I think we're in broad agreement on this one.

Probably we are in broad agreement-what I was saying is that of the two Bart is certainly normally the better keeper but for whatever reason(s) this season is not normal for Bart so at the moment Gerks is the better keeper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024