Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toxic atmosphere 23:03 - Dec 27 with 5686 viewsrgp1

Who on here thinks the atmosphere at PR could turn toxic if Lambert doesn't get his targets. And if he doesn't (Not his fault of course) how long can he go on polishing turds before the crowd turns? especially if we get turned over at Accrington and don't beat Rotherham and Millwall.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 23:03]
Toxic atmosphere on 23:10 - Dec 27 with 5207 viewsblaggers

Lambert has more than done his bit to get the fans onside. Any anger should be turned towards Evans, but we need to avoid this while we still have any chance of survival, for fear of impacting on the players.

Poll: What happens next?

Toxic atmosphere on 23:35 - Dec 27 with 5107 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Anyone who thinks of turning it toxic should be ashamed, and should stop following the club. Any such numbskulls are not welcome or helpful.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Toxic atmosphere on 23:39 - Dec 27 with 5104 viewsSuffolktractor

Toxic atmosphere on 23:35 - Dec 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Anyone who thinks of turning it toxic should be ashamed, and should stop following the club. Any such numbskulls are not welcome or helpful.

Agree entirely. Why would any one want the atmosphere to turn toxic?
If you think you might want to join in and help turn things toxic, please stay away and let the rest of us try and support the club we love.
Toxic atmosphere on 00:04 - Dec 28 with 5040 viewsrgp1

Toxic atmosphere on 23:35 - Dec 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

This is not Lamberts doing, the point I am trying to make is if we keep losing games and don't sign anyone then every one has a breaking point. It's nothing to do with ' numbskulls' as you put it, but my point being is there is plenty of talk now we need the walk.
Toxic atmosphere on 05:52 - Dec 28 with 4815 viewsBenters2

I think all three of those things could happen.

Whilst there is a chance of survival in this league it doesn’t help getting on the players backs (see Callis at QPR)

It’s a fkn mess that’s what it is.
Toxic atmosphere on 08:03 - Dec 28 with 4672 viewsBlueAllOver

Toxic atmosphere on 05:52 - Dec 28 by Benters2

I think all three of those things could happen.

Whilst there is a chance of survival in this league it doesn’t help getting on the players backs (see Callis at QPR)

It’s a fkn mess that’s what it is.

Yet it helped to get on the Manager and players back last season?

Wrong both years is the right answer by the way.
Toxic atmosphere on 08:17 - Dec 28 with 4619 viewsBenters2

Toxic atmosphere on 08:03 - Dec 28 by BlueAllOver

Yet it helped to get on the Manager and players back last season?

Wrong both years is the right answer by the way.

Mick Mac yes,players no.
Toxic atmosphere on 08:31 - Dec 28 with 4573 viewsBluebell

Toxic atmosphere on 08:17 - Dec 28 by Benters2

Mick Mac yes,players no.

Surely the people on MM's back were also getting at the players.

Singing 'Your football is sh*t' also reflected on what the players were doing on the pitch. How could the players play to their best ability when they were being booed off the pitch?

We have Paul Lambert and he will do his best to turn things round. He is doing as good a job as possible with what Paul Hurst left behind.

Let's wait and see what happens in the window. A toxic atmosphere isn't going help our club and, as a poster above says, people should stop going if they feel that strongly about it.
Login to get fewer ads

Toxic atmosphere on 08:38 - Dec 28 with 4554 viewsBenters2

Toxic atmosphere on 08:31 - Dec 28 by Bluebell

Singing 'Your football is sh*t' also reflected on what the players were doing on the pitch. How could the players play to their best ability when they were being booed off the pitch?

We have Paul Lambert and he will do his best to turn things round. He is doing as good a job as possible with what Paul Hurst left behind.

Let's wait and see what happens in the window. A toxic atmosphere isn't going help our club and, as a poster above says, people should stop going if they feel that strongly about it.

Are you talking about the terrible going on at Brentford?

Ive heard that was pretty bad.

I did sing your football is sh1t at Norwich,but i very much doubt that made Bart come steaming out of his box and Norwich going on to score.

The last part is tricky though isnt it.
Toxic atmosphere on 08:43 - Dec 28 with 4534 viewsgrimboy

Toxic atmosphere on 08:31 - Dec 28 by Bluebell

I get what you mean but surely if the people pay their money they are entitled an opinion,
I think it’s not the fans that are snowflakes it must be the players and staff if they can’t handle criticism,after all they take the plaudits when things are better.
I doubt the modern day footballer wouldn’t survive 5 minutes in the 70s/80s.
Toxic atmosphere on 08:47 - Dec 28 with 4521 viewschicoazul

Probably by mid-Feb things will start to turn and we will see some really unpleasant stuff. There are already squabbles and small fights in the Lower North most games now.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Toxic atmosphere on 08:51 - Dec 28 with 4502 viewsjjblue84

No chance! Town fans are happy every week to freelyturn up and pay the owner money to steer the club slowly but surely to relegation!
Toxic atmosphere on 08:55 - Dec 28 with 4483 viewsSuffolktractor

Toxic atmosphere on 08:43 - Dec 28 by grimboy

I get what you mean but surely if the people pay their money they are entitled an opinion,
I think it’s not the fans that are snowflakes it must be the players and staff if they can’t handle criticism,after all they take the plaudits when things are better.
I doubt the modern day footballer wouldn’t survive 5 minutes in the 70s/80s.

I don’t quite get this ‘I pay my money so I am entitled to say what I think’ excuse. I go to all the home games and I have an opinion just like you, but Maybe I am old fashioned but I go to SUPPORT the team. I don’t think it helps to get on a players back when he makes a mistake, we all make mistakes no matter what job we are in, the only time Imwould get on their back is if I think they are not trying and so far in 40 years of going I am yet to see that.
If people want to see perfection then go to watch Man City ( oh hang on they have started losing now, time to get stuck in to them now as well I suppose!)
Toxic atmosphere on 09:00 - Dec 28 with 4459 viewsgrimboy

Toxic atmosphere on 08:55 - Dec 28 by Suffolktractor

I don’t quite get this ‘I pay my money so I am entitled to say what I think’ excuse. I go to all the home games and I have an opinion just like you, but Maybe I am old fashioned but I go to SUPPORT the team. I don’t think it helps to get on a players back when he makes a mistake, we all make mistakes no matter what job we are in, the only time Imwould get on their back is if I think they are not trying and so far in 40 years of going I am yet to see that.
If people want to see perfection then go to watch Man City ( oh hang on they have started losing now, time to get stuck in to them now as well I suppose!)

If you have been going for forty odd years and you have yet to see a town side that don’t try I think you must be asleep games.
In recent years there has been plenty in my opinion.
Toxic atmosphere on 09:08 - Dec 28 with 4434 viewsbrogansnose

If we don't get 6 points against Millwall and Rotherham or some signings that give us hope, then the overiding atmosphere will be one of resigning ourselves to our fate and apathy. There will be some toxic moments but some of that will hinge on performances on the pitch. Quite frankly, we all need to be pulling in the same direction with an air of defiance and Ipswich 'till we die, on and off the pitch .
Toxic atmosphere on 09:28 - Dec 28 with 4378 viewsstewartm

Toxic atmosphere on 00:04 - Dec 28 by rgp1

This is not Lamberts doing, the point I am trying to make is if we keep losing games and don't sign anyone then every one has a breaking point. It's nothing to do with ' numbskulls' as you put it, but my point being is there is plenty of talk now we need the walk.

We do not just need signings, we need signings and quickly!

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Toxic atmosphere on 09:32 - Dec 28 with 4365 viewsKeaneish

I don't. The atmosphere has been the best it's been at PR in a very long time thanks to the blue action lot. Think everyone is right behind it.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 9:33]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Toxic atmosphere on 09:44 - Dec 28 with 4326 viewsSuffolktractor

Toxic atmosphere on 09:00 - Dec 28 by grimboy

If you have been going for forty odd years and you have yet to see a town side that don’t try I think you must be asleep games.
In recent years there has been plenty in my opinion.

No I haven’t slept through any games, though some under MM were fairly dull. But even those you have to try and get behind the team. Tell me which games you think the players were not trying, there were plenty we have been inept or useless, but I still can’t remember any where they didn’t at least try.
Toxic atmosphere on 09:46 - Dec 28 with 4314 viewsFrimleyBlue

No,

I think 95% of town fans believe, as much as they don't want to, that we're down this season.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Toxic atmosphere on 10:10 - Dec 28 with 4249 viewsWestcountryblue

He doesn’t have to polish turds..we have some good players in our books, we just lack experience which is vital in a situation like this.

To be fair, Marcus has known of our situation for months now, so I will be highly disappointed if nothing is in place for the first few days of the window.

Surely there must be some experienced free agents or players that clubs are happy to let leave their contract about.
Toxic atmosphere on 10:27 - Dec 28 with 4185 viewsericclacton

The last thing we need right now is a MM v supporters circus.

We just have to hope that PL gets help and the season ends with us still in the same league,

Having said that, it will definitely get more crazy as the rest of the season plays out.

Toxic atmosphere on 10:30 - Dec 28 with 4178 viewsIpswich_Crazy

No maybe you need to support the team and Lambert instead of hoping for a toxic atmosphere!

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Toxic atmosphere on 10:33 - Dec 28 with 4159 viewsSteve_M

Man has anger issues:

appeasers by rgp1 19 Mar 2018 18:38
As a crowd have we turned into a bunch of appeasers like Neville Chamberlain waving a piece of paper in the air. As Stuart Watson stated 'Be careful what you wish for' is patronising and i don't think we have been angry enough. In other words if the atmosphere at home games up to now had been really nasty and toxic then would the powers that be react differently?

Could we have a venkys situation next season? by rgp1 12 May 2017 17:56
If McCarthy is still here then potentially a toxic atmosphere at every home game, surely the club are not blind to this?

Will it turn poisonous next week by rgp1 26 Jan 2017 20:05
If hugill scores the winner Saturday followed on Tuesday by 2 subs, world class dougle for us and Nugent for derby who comes on and pops up with the 89th minute winner?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Toxic atmosphere on 11:40 - Dec 28 with 4051 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Maybe I'm wrong, but it almost sounds like the OP is hoping for this. More dramatic init?
There will be no animosity toward PL if this doesn't turn, only toward ME.

Stick to watching Eastenders.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Toxic atmosphere on 11:54 - Dec 28 with 4012 viewsrgp1

Toxic atmosphere on 10:33 - Dec 28 by Steve_M

Man has anger issues:

appeasers by rgp1 19 Mar 2018 18:38
As a crowd have we turned into a bunch of appeasers like Neville Chamberlain waving a piece of paper in the air. As Stuart Watson stated 'Be careful what you wish for' is patronising and i don't think we have been angry enough. In other words if the atmosphere at home games up to now had been really nasty and toxic then would the powers that be react differently?

Could we have a venkys situation next season? by rgp1 12 May 2017 17:56
If McCarthy is still here then potentially a toxic atmosphere at every home game, surely the club are not blind to this?

Will it turn poisonous next week by rgp1 26 Jan 2017 20:05
If hugill scores the winner Saturday followed on Tuesday by 2 subs, world class dougle for us and Nugent for derby who comes on and pops up with the 89th minute winner?

I take it that you are happy to clap turds then? As one poster said we need signings and quickly not hot air from the players and club!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024