Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back page EA. 07:52 - Dec 28 with 5416 viewsBenters2

Lambert may need to play the 'waiting game'with players coming in.

I very much doubt anybody saw that coming..

Over to you Rommy.

Back page EA. on 08:12 - Dec 28 with 4106 viewsKeno

waiting to see what league we are in next season?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Back page EA. on 08:14 - Dec 28 with 4112 viewsBenters2

Back page EA. on 08:12 - Dec 28 by Keno

waiting to see what league we are in next season?

Probably Keno.
Back page EA. on 08:15 - Dec 28 with 4120 viewsSteve_M

Nope, totally surprising.

Rudy Gestede will be a good test of Evans' approach here, a loan move is mutually beneficial but it will cost us. Are we going to haggle over a few grand a week for three months or bring in a player who will improve us a lot?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Back page EA. on 08:17 - Dec 28 with 4105 viewsthechancer

Back page EA. on 08:15 - Dec 28 by Steve_M

Rudy Gestede will be a good test of Evans' approach here, a loan move is mutually beneficial but it will cost us. Are we going to haggle over a few grand a week for three months or bring in a player who will improve us a lot?

Gestede Is injured isn’t he?
Back page EA. on 08:21 - Dec 28 with 4081 viewsBenters2

I guess it all depends on if Evans values staying in the Championship more than going down a league.
Back page EA. on 08:39 - Dec 28 with 4018 viewsBluefish

I think a few need to manage their expectations a bit on this. We might get a couple of loans but why would any decent player rush to join a team rock bottom of the league? They will want to haggle a lot or wait for a better offer.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Back page EA. on 08:40 - Dec 28 with 3996 viewschicoazul

I'll give you two guesses, but you're only going to need one.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Back page EA. on 08:41 - Dec 28 with 3990 viewsBenters2

Back page EA. on 08:39 - Dec 28 by Bluefish

I think a few need to manage their expectations a bit on this. We might get a couple of loans but why would any decent player rush to join a team rock bottom of the league? They will want to haggle a lot or wait for a better offer.

I make you right.

Have a uppie.
Login to get fewer ads

Back page EA. on 08:43 - Dec 28 with 3977 viewschicoazul

This is what I was saying a month ago. As always it all depends on whether Evans can be arsed with it. He can afford to pay good money after all.
But anyway, we are down and the club is dead, so as you say who, if theyre any good, would want to come here?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Back page EA. on 08:46 - Dec 28 with 3960 viewsbluesym

Yep, agree totally.
We have Millwall at home on 1st Jan and it seems highly unlikely any club would have new players signed and available for games on that date and our next league game isnt til 12th Jan.I wouldnt expect any arrivals in until at least the start of that week.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Back page EA. on 08:50 - Dec 28 with 3939 viewsGuthrum

Agree it's more likely to be loans than permanent (tho possibly one with a view to the other in the summer). We'll get better quality for the money that way.

Also will be two or three at most, not loads.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Back page EA. on 09:01 - Dec 28 with 3891 viewsElderGrizzly

Back page EA. on 08:21 - Dec 28 by Benters2

I guess it all depends on if Evans values staying in the Championship more than going down a league.

The club loses £7m extra overnight if we go to L1 as TV money decreases. That’s before reductions in ticket sales etc. I’d say he will be worried about that.

And as BlueFish says, it will be loans not permanent deals. I just hope those loans are the expensive, experienced variety like Bullard, Gio etc
Back page EA. on 09:03 - Dec 28 with 3880 viewschristiand

Back page EA. on 08:50 - Dec 28 by Guthrum

Agree it's more likely to be loans than permanent (tho possibly one with a view to the other in the summer). We'll get better quality for the money that way.

Also will be two or three at most, not loads.

Loan deals make sense in our position.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 9:45]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Back page EA. on 09:11 - Dec 28 with 3842 viewsbrogansnose

Back page EA. on 09:01 - Dec 28 by ElderGrizzly

The club loses £7m extra overnight if we go to L1 as TV money decreases. That’s before reductions in ticket sales etc. I’d say he will be worried about that.

And as BlueFish says, it will be loans not permanent deals. I just hope those loans are the expensive, experienced variety like Bullard, Gio etc

Grizzers, you're the sort of bloke who might know. Apart from having to spend a certain amount on the wage bill, what other criteria comes into play if we get relegated and is there a transition period ?
Back page EA. on 09:16 - Dec 28 with 3817 viewsPhilTWTD

Back page EA. on 09:03 - Dec 28 by christiand

Loan deals make sense in our position.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 9:45]

And are what PL has said we're looking at mainly on a number of occasions. We're aiming for four or five and from what I gather Marcus is willing to spend the necessary to get them in. While there's always the scope for some deals to drag on, particularly in January - "This can be a long window this one," as Lambert said after the QPR match - from what I understand there's confidence a fair bit of the business will be done early on.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Back page EA. on 09:19 - Dec 28 with 3780 viewsMullet

Back page EA. on 09:16 - Dec 28 by PhilTWTD

And are what PL has said we're looking at mainly on a number of occasions. We're aiming for four or five and from what I gather Marcus is willing to spend the necessary to get them in. While there's always the scope for some deals to drag on, particularly in January - "This can be a long window this one," as Lambert said after the QPR match - from what I understand there's confidence a fair bit of the business will be done early on.

So Graham, Edun, Walters out for definite.

Does that mean we try and tear up Donacien's contract?

Chalobah or Pennington to go too, or do we go back to the ridiculous scenario of more loans than we can field in a squad and just leave Donacien out in the cold?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Back page EA. on 09:24 - Dec 28 with 3747 viewschicoazul

Back page EA. on 09:19 - Dec 28 by Mullet

Chalobah or Pennington to go too, or do we go back to the ridiculous scenario of more loans than we can field in a squad and just leave Donacien out in the cold?

looooool you know for a fact we will end Jan with 6 loans minimum.

Back page EA. on 09:24 - Dec 28 with 3740 viewsSwansea_Blue

Back page EA. on 09:11 - Dec 28 by brogansnose

Grizzers, you're the sort of bloke who might know. Apart from having to spend a certain amount on the wage bill, what other criteria comes into play if we get relegated and is there a transition period ?

No parachute payments from this league. Just a drop in tv money and tighter wage controls.

It's not us, but Swiss Ramble's discussion on Milwall's move from L1 to the Championship gives a few pointers as to the relative differences between the 2 leagues.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Back page EA. on 09:27 - Dec 28 with 3720 viewspennblue

Cash Bluefish, cold hard cash. That will get people in.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Back page EA. on 09:28 - Dec 28 with 3729 viewsPhilTWTD

Back page EA. on 09:19 - Dec 28 by Mullet

I don't get the impression they're looking to do anything with Donacien - and the suggestion has been denied on several occasions - but I could easily see Chalobah and/or Pennington moved on or left as squad options if the right more experienced players are brought in. Oh, and I agree that Edun's pretty certain to go back.

Back page EA. on 09:37 - Dec 28 with 3675 viewsPinewoodblue

Lambert had one new player available to him, possibly as soon as Jan1. Nydam wasn't in the SJ team boxing day and for all I know he may already be back training with Town.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Back page EA. on 09:45 - Dec 28 with 3631 viewsElderGrizzly

Back page EA. on 09:11 - Dec 28 by brogansnose

60% of income on wages as a limit, but that’s about it. Some transition for players bought last summer (before Sept 1st). Anything we buy in January we have to carry into L1 and is counted.

In theory, Evans can plug whatever gap he wants in L1 in terms of spending on transfers and loans as long as the wage bill remains below 60% of turnover. Sadly, fees normally bring big wages so this doesn’t really help

The FFP rules aren’t there unlike in the Championship. Only caveat is the money put in has to be equity, not a loan

All explained very well here.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 9:46]
Back page EA. on 09:52 - Dec 28 with 3595 viewsPhilTWTD

Back page EA. on 09:24 - Dec 28 by chicoazul

looooool you know for a fact we will end Jan with 6 loans minimum.

I think that's wholly expected. Not ideal but not much option in our position.
Back page EA. on 09:55 - Dec 28 with 3570 viewsbrogansnose

Back page EA. on 09:45 - Dec 28 by ElderGrizzly

60% of income on wages as a limit, but that’s about it. Some transition for players bought last summer (before Sept 1st). Anything we buy in January we have to carry into L1 and is counted.

In theory, Evans can plug whatever gap he wants in L1 in terms of spending on transfers and loans as long as the wage bill remains below 60% of turnover. Sadly, fees normally bring big wages so this doesn’t really help

The FFP rules aren’t there unlike in the Championship. Only caveat is the money put in has to be equity, not a loan

All explained very well here.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 9:46]

Thanks to you and Swanners.

Interesting about the players from the youth scheme but, all in all, if we go down then there's going to be one hell of a car boot sale.
Back page EA. on 09:59 - Dec 28 with 3550 viewschicoazul

Back page EA. on 09:52 - Dec 28 by PhilTWTD

I think that's wholly expected. Not ideal but not much option in our position.

Really??? Ahahahahahahaaaaaaaaahahah

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024