Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote 09:24 - Dec 28 with 2733 viewsnodge_blue

*all the new players have been unbelievable”

Indeed.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 10:27 - Dec 28 with 2652 viewsIP12

In a 'public press session' did you really expect him to say anything else ???
Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 10:37 - Dec 28 with 2631 viewschristiand

Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 10:27 - Dec 28 by IP12

In a 'public press session' did you really expect him to say anything else ???

I'm wondering if Nodge Blue was hoping Downes was going to be quoted as saying: 'All our new signings are all sh*t, how on earth are they professional footballers?'

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 10:39 - Dec 28 with 2616 viewsSwansea_Blue

A rather unfortunate choice of words

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 10:42 - Dec 28 with 2601 viewsDubtractor

Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 10:37 - Dec 28 by christiand

I'm wondering if Nodge Blue was hoping Downes was going to be quoted as saying: 'All our new signings are all sh*t, how on earth are they professional footballers?'

I think you're missing Nodge Blues observation on the specific choice of words from Downes.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 10:44 - Dec 28 with 2592 viewsBenters2

Bit of the Dunkirk spirit innit.
Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 11:40 - Dec 28 with 2533 viewsScuzzer

Unbelievably poor.

Established 1968

Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 12:05 - Dec 28 with 2487 viewsTrequartista

It really is taking mickey nowadays the things they say. 'What are they supposed to say then?' I hear you cry,. How about nothing. How about a little less conversation a little more action.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 12:58 - Dec 28 with 2409 viewsnshearman1

Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 12:05 - Dec 28 by Trequartista

It really is taking mickey nowadays the things they say. 'What are they supposed to say then?' I hear you cry,. How about nothing. How about a little less conversation a little more action.

They have to say something, they're put out for interview, and everybody has to do their turn. However, his use of the word 'unbelievable' was pretty ridiculous. He's a young lad and will learn. On the other hand, I've got to say the repeated comments about how positive the dressing room remains is getting quite tiresome. I realise the quite necessary mission PL is on to create a forward-looking atmosphere, but it's getting silly after the obvious pretty disastrous retrograde step we took at QPR. Still, it's nice to hear him talking about not sitting and waiting at Borough, and not playing the long ball game. It would be best that he and the players concentrate on these kind of comments.
Login to get fewer ads

Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 13:16 - Dec 28 with 2377 viewsLeagueOne

Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 10:37 - Dec 28 by christiand

This season I have wondered that about both the old and new players, at least the lads stepping up have an excuse.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 13:18 - Dec 28 with 2369 viewschicoazul

Ha! I like Heydrich lookalike Downes, I hope we can hang onto him and he and Bishop can boss the midfield and lead us on a glorious charge back to the Championship for the 20/21 season.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 13:48 - Dec 28 with 2322 viewsbrogansnose

Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 13:18 - Dec 28 by chicoazul

Ha! I like Heydrich lookalike Downes, I hope we can hang onto him and he and Bishop can boss the midfield and lead us on a glorious charge back to the Championship for the 20/21 season.

Anybody decent will get snapped up in the fire sale.
Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 13:55 - Dec 28 with 2305 viewstrncbluearmy

What is it with this need to have a player do a presser after every game,don't remember Mariner,Gates etc being forced out to say a load of crapp to appease the masses.
Feel sorry for the lad,he's actually playing well and shouldn't be forced out to comment on "players" who I bet he privately thinks are rubbish.
Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 16:50 - Dec 28 with 2162 viewsNo9

Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 13:55 - Dec 28 by trncbluearmy

What is it with this need to have a player do a presser after every game,don't remember Mariner,Gates etc being forced out to say a load of crapp to appease the masses.
Feel sorry for the lad,he's actually playing well and shouldn't be forced out to comment on "players" who I bet he privately thinks are rubbish.

I agree, it's all bollox.
Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 07:44 - Dec 29 with 1993 viewsshamboy

...but the questions asked were extrsordunarily inane. Why not ask at least one genuine football question? Sigh! Why not ask 'What is your role in PL's team'?
Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 07:54 - Dec 29 with 1979 viewsKeno

Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 13:18 - Dec 28 by chicoazul

Oh I hasn’t the resemblance before

Almost as good as Rio Ferdinand and Goebels

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 09:39 - Dec 29 with 1901 viewsBrixtonBlue

Had to laugh at Flynn Downes quote on 12:05 - Dec 28 by Trequartista

You want to have sex with Flynn Downes?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024