Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am still sure we will be relegated.... but here is the thing.. 13:25 - Dec 28 with 1666 viewsLeagueOne

I know many are pointing out the short gap between us and our rivals but I don't see us as being better than any of those teams either. Evans isn't going to realistically splash in a window when he's almost sure to lose 20million in the summer when we drop, he didn't even splash the cash in 2014-15 when a couple of good signings would have likely seen us promoted, and he'd have made a profit!

Anyhow what I will say is over the past few years I have refrained from renewing/buying a season ticket over the last few seasons as I didn't want to be seen as endorsing the clubs leadership as the quality of the pitch wasn't matching the prices and although I have still been going to games, I just didn't want the club to look at what was happening and assume it was being backed by the fans.

So with that in mind, knowing that we stand to lose something like £20million next season I am going to buy a season ticket . I still have no time for Evans and what he's done here, many still make excuses for him but the proof really is in the pudding now. However I fear we could as a club drop even further and if my ST will in some small way help us compete in League One then I am going to put that before my dislike of Evans.

Anyone else feeling the same way?

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

I am still sure we will be relegated.... but here is the thing.. on 14:28 - Dec 28 with 1507 viewsDarth_Koont

Let's wait and see if and when we get relegated. Clearly, we'll need a different off-field approach re: finances but who knows how players, the manager or Evans reacts if that is the case.

We also need to wait and see what Lambert can do with a few players. We've been utterly blunt in attack this whole season and yet aren't completely adrift. Indeed, our general play in midfield has been better than in recent years but we don't have anyone who naturally can supply the chances or naturally put them away. Plus we have a defence that, with normal levels of confidence, is a proven midtable defence. But clearly rattled by the fact that mistakes normally result in losses given ho little we threaten in the attacking third. So there's the basis of a team that can perform and get results far beyond the first half of the season - with the right additions of course!

I didn't think we played badly at QPR (or that QPR were that great) but without more of a goal threat and putting a bit more pressure on the opposition then instead of snatching a draw or getting our noses in front and a win, we ended up falling to one of our worst defeats. These are the sort of games that can be turned around by the right player or two in attack. So worth a bit more patience until we see what effect the new players can have.

Pronouns: He/Him

I am still sure we will be relegated.... but here is the thing.. on 14:46 - Dec 28 with 1450 viewsreusersfreekicks

I'm sure your return will make all the difference. When/if we go down will you change user name to Leaguetwo. Self referential twaddle.
I am still sure we will be relegated.... but here is the thing.. on 16:02 - Dec 28 with 1363 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not having a go at you. Or others

But if you and others are similar. Wouldn't a season ticket purchase last or this season maybe show the club there's more money coming into the club so more may be spent.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I am still sure we will be relegated.... but here is the thing.. on 16:22 - Dec 28 with 1315 viewsJ2BLUE

I hope when we stay up and you PM Gav asking him to change your name to Championship he tells you to sod off.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I am still sure we will be relegated.... but here is the thing.. on 16:45 - Dec 28 with 1267 viewsreusersfreekicks

I am still sure we will be relegated.... but here is the thing.. on 16:22 - Dec 28 by J2BLUE

I hope when we stay up and you PM Gav asking him to change your name to Championship he tells you to sod off.

POTD
I am still sure we will be relegated.... but here is the thing.. on 21:17 - Dec 28 with 1051 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

I don't feel we will drop any further, at least for the time being. Personally feel we will be a top 6 side next season. Whether that is enough to bring us back up, who knows? I do know that the longer we stay in that division, the worse things will get. My hope is that we get promoted on first attempt and aim to avoid relegation season 2020/2021. Undoubtedly tough times ahead.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024