Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Venables/Keegan 15:10 - Dec 28 with 3489 viewschfsittingbell

I know its something that has come up a few times but i think we need a proper Director Of Football, somebody at the top who has done it all. My vote would be for Terry Venables or Kevin Keegan, either would be ideal. I'm sure they wouldn't cost that much as they've been out of the game for a while and would welcome such a high profile job. I'm sure Evans could find 2-3 mil to tempt them.
on 15:11 - Dec 28 with 3472 views_

Venables/Keegan on 15:14 - Dec 28 with 3454 viewsBlueBadger

Ah, Blueas, lovely to have you back.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Venables/Keegan on 15:14 - Dec 28 with 3453 viewschfsittingbell

on 15:11 - Dec 28 by _

Not sure why, I've been reading Keegan's book and he comes across as the perfect man for us.

I just think we need a bit more at the top of the club as Bowden is very quiet and Milne is a joke. Somebody like Venables/Keegan would lift our profile and help us attract better players.
Venables/Keegan on 15:15 - Dec 28 with 3449 viewsmarkand1986

I think although the names mentioned seem to be a bit silly, they have both been out the game too long, there could be somebody out there like a Bryan Robson who could come in and work with the players.
on 15:23 - Dec 28 with 3418 views_

Venables/Keegan on 15:14 - Dec 28 by chfsittingbell

Not sure why, I've been reading Keegan's book and he comes across as the perfect man for us.

I just think we need a bit more at the top of the club as Bowden is very quiet and Milne is a joke. Somebody like Venables/Keegan would lift our profile and help us attract better players.

on 15:24 - Dec 28 with 3410 views_

Venables/Keegan on 15:15 - Dec 28 by markand1986

I think although the names mentioned seem to be a bit silly, they have both been out the game too long, there could be somebody out there like a Bryan Robson who could come in and work with the players.

Venables/Keegan on 15:25 - Dec 28 with 3408 viewsmarkand1986

on 15:23 - Dec 28 by _

One man who I would have loved to have got the DOF job here and won't happen now due to him getting another gig is Tony Adams.
on 15:26 - Dec 28 with 3395 views_

Venables/Keegan on 15:25 - Dec 28 by markand1986

One man who I would have loved to have got the DOF job here and won't happen now due to him getting another gig is Tony Adams.

Login to get fewer ads

Venables/Keegan on 15:27 - Dec 28 with 3390 viewsreusersfreekicks

The most surreal, bonkers thread of recent days, and there have been a lot of contenders!
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 16:42]
Venables/Keegan on 15:32 - Dec 28 with 3370 viewschfsittingbell

Venables/Keegan on 15:27 - Dec 28 by reusersfreekicks

The most surreal, bonkers thread of recent days, and there have been a lot of contenders!
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 16:42]

I just think we could do worse than appoint a well known face to appeal to some of the better players.

Maybe Venables is getting on a bit and Keegan has been out of the game. Who would you suggest, i don't mind the idea of maybe a Paul Ince or Teddy Sherringham type of name. These two would not be expensive at all.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 15:33]
on 15:34 - Dec 28 with 3357 views_

Venables/Keegan on 15:32 - Dec 28 by chfsittingbell

I just think we could do worse than appoint a well known face to appeal to some of the better players.

Maybe Venables is getting on a bit and Keegan has been out of the game. Who would you suggest, i don't mind the idea of maybe a Paul Ince or Teddy Sherringham type of name. These two would not be expensive at all.

Venables/Keegan on 15:36 - Dec 28 with 3351 viewschfsittingbell

on 15:34 - Dec 28 by _

Lol, l didn't realise that! It must have been my sub conscience :)
Venables/Keegan on 15:37 - Dec 28 with 3347 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Venables and Keegan would be terrible fits with the club.

The top Premier League clubs do not have ex-players or managers as DOFs. I wonder why. Maybe because the skills required are entirely different.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Venables/Keegan on 15:37 - Dec 28 with 3351 viewsBlueBadger

Well, it worked out so well for us when we last recruited someone Very Famous to run first team affairs.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 15:41]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Venables/Keegan on 15:42 - Dec 28 with 3321 viewsBlueBadger

on 15:26 - Dec 28 by _

I'll give whoever it is their due, all that logging in and out to two different accounts is commitment to the cause.

Venables/Keegan on 15:44 - Dec 28 with 3313 viewsmarkand1986

Venables/Keegan on 15:37 - Dec 28 by BlueBadger

Well, it worked out so well for us when we last recruited someone Very Famous to run first team affairs.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 15:41]

I would ask this, who knows the club inside out, who has been in a similar role and would gain the respect of the players straight away? Paul Jewell. Evans knows him well and fans would like him back as was well respected here. Can we get him away from Swindon? Probably not but worth a go. Agree with previous posts, don't get the obsession with ex england players. If not Jewell then maybe Sherwood as talks sense on the debate.
Venables/Keegan on 15:45 - Dec 28 with 3300 viewschfsittingbell

Venables/Keegan on 15:44 - Dec 28 by markand1986

I would ask this, who knows the club inside out, who has been in a similar role and would gain the respect of the players straight away? Paul Jewell. Evans knows him well and fans would like him back as was well respected here. Can we get him away from Swindon? Probably not but worth a go. Agree with previous posts, don't get the obsession with ex england players. If not Jewell then maybe Sherwood as talks sense on the debate.

As said above, you must be a comedy creation.

We wouldn't be able to get Jewell.
Venables/Keegan on 15:51 - Dec 28 with 3269 viewschicoazul

Venables/Keegan on 15:25 - Dec 28 by markand1986

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Venables/Keegan on 16:00 - Dec 28 with 3227 viewsCoastalblue

My vote is for Bernie Ecclestone

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Venables/Keegan on 16:33 - Dec 28 with 3172 viewsNo9

While I agree &, have posted many time that Mr Evans needs a football man in the MD position does it need to be a well know ex football star?
The bloke the budgies got in from 'Uddersfield is continuing to show how the right person in the right position can work to any clubs advantage.
Venables/Keegan on 16:35 - Dec 28 with 3161 viewsJ2BLUE

We'll file this one with 'lets start Harry Wright because he can play out from the back'.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Venables/Keegan on 16:42 - Dec 28 with 3140 viewsDarth_Koont

Given Lambert's interest in the club as a whole and Bowman's recruitment record under McCarthy then I think we're in good hands.

Not sure what Venables or Keegan would add or even match when they have little to no relevant (or recent) experience.

Pronouns: He/Him

on 18:27 - Dec 28 with 3050 views_

Venables/Keegan on 16:42 - Dec 28 by Darth_Koont

Given Lambert's interest in the club as a whole and Bowman's recruitment record under McCarthy then I think we're in good hands.

Not sure what Venables or Keegan would add or even match when they have little to no relevant (or recent) experience.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024