Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ref tomorrow 16:11 - Dec 28 with 2090 viewsChocorange

Geez , it's that plonker who sent Nsiala off at Wednesday and was also the idiot who gave 3 penalties at Reading a couple of years back including the one in the last minute ...for pulling in the box!

Wow just wow
Ref tomorrow on 16:15 - Dec 28 with 2072 viewsIllinoisblue

I foresee a heroic rearguard action undone by the ref gifting them a penalty in the 85th minute. Either that or a 5-0 thrashing.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ref tomorrow on 16:20 - Dec 28 with 2054 viewsmarkand1986

Ref is the worst in the league. Cost us at Reading a few years back. I am surprised he can still do our games.
Ref tomorrow on 16:21 - Dec 28 with 2052 viewsJ2BLUE

Every week someone posts about the ref. It's like people are looking for reasons to be negative. I'm sure e's not out to get us.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ref tomorrow on 16:24 - Dec 28 with 2042 viewsPJH

Ref tomorrow on 16:21 - Dec 28 by J2BLUE

Every week someone posts about the ref. It's like people are looking for reasons to be negative. I'm sure e's not out to get us.

I don't think that any of the refs are out to get us it is just that in recent times there seems to be a lower and lower level of competence.
You can go to most games at this level and reasonably safely assume that the ref will be poor.
Ref tomorrow on 16:26 - Dec 28 with 2032 viewsJ2BLUE

Ref tomorrow on 16:24 - Dec 28 by PJH

I don't think that any of the refs are out to get us it is just that in recent times there seems to be a lower and lower level of competence.
You can go to most games at this level and reasonably safely assume that the ref will be poor.

For both teams. The ref won't be wearing a Boro shirt so there's no real need for us to worry about it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ref tomorrow on 16:30 - Dec 28 with 2023 viewsPJH

Ref tomorrow on 16:26 - Dec 28 by J2BLUE

For both teams. The ref won't be wearing a Boro shirt so there's no real need for us to worry about it.

I agree that there is not bias, just incompetence.
You just have to hope that if any of the mistakes are major ones then they go in your favour.
Ref tomorrow on 16:41 - Dec 28 with 2000 viewsNo9

The English game is full of poor ref's but some of that is down to the fact their shoortcomings are constantly highlighted by pundits who probably couldn't do anywhere near as well.
Having said that the English game is suffering & Div 2 is particularly poorly served by low quality officials.
Why are the fans not all complaining to the EFL about this?
No names or example should be given but writing to the EFL demanding higher standards can't be bad can it?
At the same time the media & pundits have to change their approach to reporting & commentating otherwise quality peprsonnel will never be recruited and thigns will get worse
Ref tomorrow on 16:56 - Dec 28 with 1975 viewsEastTownBlue

Ref tomorrow on 16:24 - Dec 28 by PJH

Agree.

Ask supporters of any Championship team and I’m sure that the majority will tell you that Keith Stroud is an incompetent c***.
Login to get fewer ads

Ref tomorrow on 17:02 - Dec 28 with 1959 viewshomer_123

Ref tomorrow on 16:41 - Dec 28 by No9

The English game is full of poor ref's but some of that is down to the fact their shoortcomings are constantly highlighted by pundits who probably couldn't do anywhere near as well.
Having said that the English game is suffering & Div 2 is particularly poorly served by low quality officials.
Why are the fans not all complaining to the EFL about this?
No names or example should be given but writing to the EFL demanding higher standards can't be bad can it?
At the same time the media & pundits have to change their approach to reporting & commentating otherwise quality peprsonnel will never be recruited and thigns will get worse

Poor refs make football though. I can remember a certain ref that cost us dearly back in the day...they create moments, discussion points and emotion.

This is why I dislike technology, the move away to a more sanitised sport (well, actually it creates more discussion points at the moment but that is the general aim).

Crap refs, poor decisions, players encroaching at free kicks, moving too far down the touchline for a throw, goals disallowed, goals allowed when players clearly offside, goals not given when clearly in, bad tackles not given, great tackles given as a foul.....it's what makes the sport what it is.

Removing this element will reduce footballs appeal...IMHO.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Ref tomorrow on 17:16 - Dec 28 with 1925 viewsIpswichKnight

Ref tomorrow on 16:20 - Dec 28 by markand1986

Ref is the worst in the league. Cost us at Reading a few years back. I am surprised he can still do our games.

The 3rd penalty was blatant, Jonas rugby tackled the Reading player, the other 2 penalties were 2 of the softest penalties I've ever seen even Alf Buksh wouldn't have given us our penalty that day!
Ref tomorrow on 17:19 - Dec 28 with 1918 viewsPJH

Ref tomorrow on 16:56 - Dec 28 by EastTownBlue

Agree.

Ask supporters of any Championship team and I’m sure that the majority will tell you that Keith Stroud is an incompetent c***.

I think if Keith Stroud reffed a Sunday Morning League game he would still be an incompetent c***.

Now that D'Urso seems to have disappeared I think Stroud is unchallenged as the worst of the lot.
Ref tomorrow on 17:22 - Dec 28 with 1905 viewsPJH

Ref tomorrow on 17:16 - Dec 28 by IpswichKnight

The 3rd penalty was blatant, Jonas rugby tackled the Reading player, the other 2 penalties were 2 of the softest penalties I've ever seen even Alf Buksh wouldn't have given us our penalty that day!

It probably was a penalty but the frustrating thing was that he (like most refs) ignored identical incidents for the previous 92 minutes or whatever.
That does not make our defending right but it does highlight the fact that inconsistency goes along with incompetence with most of the refs.
Ref tomorrow on 18:11 - Dec 28 with 1849 viewsEastTownBlue

Ref tomorrow on 17:19 - Dec 28 by PJH

I think if Keith Stroud reffed a Sunday Morning League game he would still be an incompetent c***.

Now that D'Urso seems to have disappeared I think Stroud is unchallenged as the worst of the lot.

D’Urso’s final contribution to a Town match was allowing a few seconds beyond the indicated four at Vicarage Road in 2015. What a day that was.
Ref tomorrow on 18:23 - Dec 28 with 1823 viewsericclacton

Ref tomorrow on 17:02 - Dec 28 by homer_123

Poor refs make football though. I can remember a certain ref that cost us dearly back in the day...they create moments, discussion points and emotion.

This is why I dislike technology, the move away to a more sanitised sport (well, actually it creates more discussion points at the moment but that is the general aim).

Crap refs, poor decisions, players encroaching at free kicks, moving too far down the touchline for a throw, goals disallowed, goals allowed when players clearly offside, goals not given when clearly in, bad tackles not given, great tackles given as a foul.....it's what makes the sport what it is.

Removing this element will reduce footballs appeal...IMHO.

Will we have goal line thingy in div 3? serious Q.

Refs with white walking sticks, skateboards are a thing of the past.

Shallow Bar being attacked from behind, I know where your coming from homer.

Ref tomorrow on 19:13 - Dec 28 with 1769 viewsEastTownBlue

Ref tomorrow on 17:22 - Dec 28 by PJH

It probably was a penalty but the frustrating thing was that he (like most refs) ignored identical incidents for the previous 92 minutes or whatever.
That does not make our defending right but it does highlight the fact that inconsistency goes along with incompetence with most of the refs.

The annoying thing was that Simpson was desperate to award a penalty. He gave a clear warning before the corner which Knudsen ignored by holding onto the shirt.
Ref tomorrow on 19:36 - Dec 28 with 1737 viewspoppiesman

The ref owes us one then.
And at least it's not Keith clueless Stroud.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024