Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elder on loan will mean ... 20:15 - Dec 29 with 4218 viewsSomethingBlue

... that we effectively have two loanee spaces left, as Edun will go back and it doesn't take genius to imagine Donacien being frozen out. That's not enough is it? A powerful centre-forward would probably keep us in games for a bit longer, and it'd be good to get someone like Bridcutt in, but we need players in at least three other positions — beyond those — before left-back. It seems an annoying hindrance and perhaps we should have moved on Knudsen's contract before we began dropping like a stone.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 20:16]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Elder on loan will mean ... on 20:19 - Dec 29 with 4179 viewsSteve_M

Hopefully Lambert has his eye on the equivalents of Chaplow, Carayol or Gleeson. Competent second division players who clubs might be prepared to release with six months left on a contract because, as you say, we need more than two players.

I think a loan keeper is now a necessity as well. It's back to the days of Andy Marshall in goal the amount of errors from both Gereken and Bart this season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Elder on loan will mean ... on 20:23 - Dec 29 with 4140 viewsSomethingBlue

Elder on loan will mean ... on 20:19 - Dec 29 by Steve_M

Hopefully Lambert has his eye on the equivalents of Chaplow, Carayol or Gleeson. Competent second division players who clubs might be prepared to release with six months left on a contract because, as you say, we need more than two players.

I think a loan keeper is now a necessity as well. It's back to the days of Andy Marshall in goal the amount of errors from both Gereken and Bart this season.

Yep, really need a few like that. We're within the threshold going into January that I identified as being survivable-from, and I still think we can do it — but it is a desperate situation and we need some real masterstrokes in the market if that hope is to be sustainable beyond the next few weeks.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Elder on loan will mean ... on 20:34 - Dec 29 with 4059 viewsSteve_M

Elder on loan will mean ... on 20:23 - Dec 29 by SomethingBlue

Yep, really need a few like that. We're within the threshold going into January that I identified as being survivable-from, and I still think we can do it — but it is a desperate situation and we need some real masterstrokes in the market if that hope is to be sustainable beyond the next few weeks.

I would feel a bit better had we ground out a few gritty points but the away form has been so poor. Although, on the positive side I've just read something by a Norwich fan describing how he went about things in the Premier League - it was the same positive approach, accepting they would lose a lot too. We just need to add enough quality to win a few more matches as most of the other teams around us are equally crap.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:00 - Dec 29 with 3981 viewsITFC_Forever

A young left back on loan isn’t going to keep us up. Complete waste of a loan space.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:04 - Dec 29 with 3960 viewsKieran_Knows

Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:00 - Dec 29 by ITFC_Forever

A young left back on loan isn’t going to keep us up. Complete waste of a loan space.

Agreed. What is the point of it? He’s clearly not going to get a game at Leicester ahead of Chilwell or Fuchs so why try get him permanently.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:05 - Dec 29 with 3950 viewsStNeotsBlue

Not sure about this loan, has less Championship experience than Kenlock and is two years older. As you say seems a bit odd.
Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:05 - Dec 29 with 3949 viewsDennyx4

Indeed, might as well play Kenlock, rather than wasting a loan spot.
Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:06 - Dec 29 with 3951 viewsMullet

Was discussing this on the drive home with my mate and Snr. Reckon we might have to sell (hence Knudsen) and tear up a few contracts at either end to get experienced players in.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:15 - Dec 29 with 3897 viewsitfcjoe

Was hoping this would be a permanent move, because as a loan it just doesn't work for me

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:18 - Dec 29 with 3880 viewsMullet

Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:15 - Dec 29 by itfcjoe

Was hoping this would be a permanent move, because as a loan it just doesn't work for me

What would they ask for him do you think? Anything but giving him away probably rules us out doesn't it?

Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:19 - Dec 29 with 3878 viewsDennyx4

Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:15 - Dec 29 by itfcjoe

Agree doesn't work as a loan at present, as we have a greater need in other positions.

Wonder if it might be a loan with a view to a permanent? Would make a bit more sense....
Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:26 - Dec 29 with 3838 viewsMullet

Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:19 - Dec 29 by Dennyx4

Agree doesn't work as a loan at present, as we have a greater need in other positions.

Wonder if it might be a loan with a view to a permanent? Would make a bit more sense....

Wouldn't that be fairly pointless though as it'd take up another loan spot?

Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:28 - Dec 29 with 3820 viewsDennyx4

Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:26 - Dec 29 by Mullet

Getting prepared for League 1 maybe?
Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:32 - Dec 29 with 3792 viewsitfcjoe

Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:18 - Dec 29 by Mullet

What would they ask for him do you think? Anything but giving him away probably rules us out doesn't it?

No idea, if his contract is up in the summer might be achievable but guess that is just wishful thinking

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:34 - Dec 29 with 3773 viewsagentp

Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:26 - Dec 29 by Mullet

Agree it's a bit pointless, but we can have as many loans as we want - only limited to the matchday squad. I can only think; If he is a loan with a view to a permanent he could come in, be part of the squad, be cover while assessing him; clutching at straws i know.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:36 - Dec 29 with 3753 viewsDennyx4

Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:32 - Dec 29 by itfcjoe

No idea, if his contract is up in the summer might be achievable but guess that is just wishful thinking

According to Wikipedia his contract runs out in June 2019. (might not be correct though).
Elder on loan will mean ... on 00:20 - Dec 30 with 3548 viewsFilbert

Elder on loan will mean ... on 21:36 - Dec 29 by Dennyx4

According to Wikipedia his contract runs out in June 2019. (might not be correct though).

His contract runs out in 2020.

He signed a one year extension in September, which came as a surprise to Leicester fans as he's never been anywhere near the first team squad.

He did pretty well in pre-season, but was then left out of the Premier League squad.

Christian Fuchs will be leaving Leicester in the summer, and there has been a story that the club sees Elder as a potential backup to Ben Chilwell next season, but they want him to get some game time in the Championship first.
Elder on loan will mean ... on 00:22 - Dec 30 with 3540 viewsLeagueOne

Totally pointless signing.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024