Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PL substitutions 12:26 - Dec 30 with 1068 viewsnshearman1

I think Lambert's been in charge for something like 10 games now. While I think he's been right to pick a consistent team and pretty much stick to it, I worry that he seems incapable of turning things round in a game. Have any of his substitutions made any difference? At half-time at QPR with us 2-0 down and heads down, I thought he'd make some changes. He didn't do anything till Ward got injured in the 62nd minute. I like the way he puts an attacking set of players on the bench, such a difference from MM, but it's how he uses them. He's also never tried to revert from his formation - given the issues with the full-backs, he might have tried 3-5-2 for example, where Knudsen has played quite well. Of course, this may be simply down to the lack of quality in the squad, but I just wonder whether he'll be flexible enough within games to turn us around.
PL substitutions on 12:30 - Dec 30 with 1034 viewsIllinoisblue

Deckchairs on the Titanic innit

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

PL substitutions on 12:40 - Dec 30 with 1004 viewsPJH

The most obvious problem regarding substitutions at the moment is that whoever is on the bench out of Jackson, Harrison and Roberts (with one of those three having started)none of them look capable of making an impact-just as none of them really look like making much of an impact when starting.PL could try having two of them on the pitch at the same time, which has rarely happened, but I am not sure that that increases the goal threat.
I think we need two attacking players who are known to be able to make an impact at this level plus someone to create the chances to enable them to make an impact.That does not strengthen the goal threat from the bench but it should reduce the need to have a major goal threat there.

Regarding the substitution of Ward at QPR,Lankester was waiting to come on before Ward got injured so he was coming on anyway and quite possibly for Ward.
PL substitutions on 12:47 - Dec 30 with 973 viewshomer_123

PL substitutions on 12:30 - Dec 30 by Illinoisblue

Deckchairs on the Titanic innit

Dereck was on the Titanic!?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

PL substitutions on 14:22 - Dec 30 with 831 viewsBlue_Moses

The squad/subs aren't good enough to make a change
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024