Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is a bit look at me but I need your advice 10:49 - Dec 31 with 7852 viewsBrixtonBlue

Where to go for my first alcoholic drink in a year. It needs to be fairly epic (but not quite as epic as say Australia) because I need a good ending for the book (might have mentioned I'm writing a book about it).

Anyway, myself and my work wife are planning a road trip for that first drink/ending of the book. We've narrowed it down to;

Oban in Scotland - remote distillery on an island, for a fine whisky.
Bushmills in NI - whiskey at the oldest distillery in the world.
Wine in Paris.
Beer in Amsterdam.

The first two fit the epicness best... but I'm more of a beer man than a whisk(e)y drinker.

What do you reckon out of these? Or is there something else you'd throw into the ring?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

This is a bit look at me but I need your advice on 16:03 - Dec 31 with 813 viewsWD19

Casablanca.
This is a bit look at me but I need your advice on 16:05 - Dec 31 with 811 viewschicoazul

This is a bit look at me but I need your advice on 14:03 - Dec 31 by footers

Disappointed that Bella Italia didn't get a run-out, chico.

No youre thinking of Bella Napoli.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This is a bit look at me but I need your advice on 18:15 - Dec 31 with 762 viewsBrixtonBlue

This is a bit look at me but I need your advice on 15:58 - Dec 31 by lowhouseblue

so after a long time not drinking what has ended up as your non-alcohol drink of choice when others are drinking?

It varies. Coke/Coke Zero (if they have it), lime and soda water or Brewdog Nanny State (if they have it). Whoever suggested fruit juice with soda water, that's my newest refreshing choice at home.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

This is a bit look at me but I need your advice on 22:07 - Dec 31 with 727 viewsjeera

This is a bit look at me but I need your advice on 18:15 - Dec 31 by BrixtonBlue

It varies. Coke/Coke Zero (if they have it), lime and soda water or Brewdog Nanny State (if they have it). Whoever suggested fruit juice with soda water, that's my newest refreshing choice at home.

Don't have the ice.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This is a bit look at me but I need your advice on 22:18 - Dec 31 with 717 viewsWD19

This is a bit look at me but I need your advice on 18:15 - Dec 31 by BrixtonBlue

Nanny state is alcoholic though!?
This is a bit look at me but I need your advice on 22:22 - Dec 31 with 711 viewsBrixtonBlue

This is a bit look at me but I need your advice on 22:07 - Dec 31 by jeera

Don't have the ice.

Why?

This is a bit look at me but I need your advice on 22:25 - Dec 31 with 706 viewsBrixtonBlue

This is a bit look at me but I need your advice on 22:18 - Dec 31 by WD19

Nanny state is alcoholic though!?

There's so little it is metabolised by the body quicker than you can drink it... and there is as much alcohol in it as in many fruit juices.

For these reasons it is allowed to be marketed as alcohol free.

This is a bit look at me but I need your advice on 22:52 - Dec 31 with 687 viewsMeadowlark

This is a bit look at me but I need your advice on 11:07 - Dec 31 by BrixtonBlue

Those are excellent suggestions, thanks Stokers.

I've worked out over the course of the year I'll have saved £5k. Don't want to go crazy on the trip moneywise though (so Falklands might be too much of a trek) as the work wife doesn't have the benefit of that money!

English ales are just as good as Dutch, German or any European beers. Why are fine English beers always overlooked?

So the answer is obviously the tasting room at Adnams brewery!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024