Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... 13:42 - Dec 31 with 15471 viewsSuperfrans

For the first time, he seemed more exasperated than upbeat.

Pretty damning comments:
We need half a dozen in, including probably two strikers.
Jonas’s contract should never have been allowed to run down, should have been sorted out last summer.
Should never be in a situation of signing 8/9 players every year. It’s madness. It’s not normal.

It all seemed like the comments and body language of a man who is becoming impatient and fairly exasperated about where we are. That didn’t fill me with confidence about this coming month’s transfer dealings, I have to say...

Or am I reading between the lines too much...?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 13:46 - Dec 31 with 4628 viewsfooters

It was also clear that he's had some players reject loan moves here (quelle surprise) so suppose that means he's missed some of his early targets. Not encouraging.

BUT I think PL has enough about him, and ME will have no option but to dig deepish, that we'll somehow scrape our way up the table.

Have faith!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 13:47 - Dec 31 with 4599 viewschicoazul

I didnt quite see it like that although I know where youre coming from. I had the impression this was a man very comfortable in his skin who knows he is good at what he does, and is probably financially sorted for life which helps, and is simply telling it as he sees it. A Glaswegian football man in other words. I don't think he seemed exasperated so much as keen to get on with things.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 13:52 - Dec 31 with 4531 viewsArnieM

I think now that Lambert will probably walk . He did this I believe from Nlavkburn when the owner wouldn’t find him.

Lamberts comments today is a damning indictment of Evans running of this Vlub and if where and WHY we are where we are now .

I think we have potentially got the best manager we could possibly have and Evans is going to
Fl uck it up YET AGAIN by leaning things to late and not being prepared to dig deep .

You know it will cost mega bucks to get a decent striker in on loan until end of season. Evans clrsrly isn’t prepared to pay this extortionate funds. BUT, the cost to him and ya all of relegation is , I suggest, far far greater.

So what’s it to be Evans? Stick or twist ??

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 13:57 - Dec 31 with 4448 viewsFrimleyBlue

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 13:52 - Dec 31 by ArnieM

I think now that Lambert will probably walk . He did this I believe from Nlavkburn when the owner wouldn’t find him.

Lamberts comments today is a damning indictment of Evans running of this Vlub and if where and WHY we are where we are now .

I think we have potentially got the best manager we could possibly have and Evans is going to
Fl uck it up YET AGAIN by leaning things to late and not being prepared to dig deep .

You know it will cost mega bucks to get a decent striker in on loan until end of season. Evans clrsrly isn’t prepared to pay this extortionate funds. BUT, the cost to him and ya all of relegation is , I suggest, far far greater.

So what’s it to be Evans? Stick or twist ??

Problem is though, relegation isn't as bad to Evans as it is to the fans

Go down, he cuts the wage bill inline with the league, his investment level requirements drop, technically relegation could be a win win for Evans.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 13:58 - Dec 31 with 4429 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 13:57 - Dec 31 by FrimleyBlue

Go down, he cuts the wage bill inline with the league, his investment level requirements drop, technically relegation could be a win win for Evans.

£7m loss in income.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:00 - Dec 31 with 4399 viewsfooters

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 13:58 - Dec 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

£7m loss in income.

According to some on here £7m is peanuts, so would be fun to see how we'd do without another £7m a year put in.

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:01 - Dec 31 with 4374 viewsFrimleyBlue

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 13:58 - Dec 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

£7m loss in income.

Drastically drops wage bill to cover it. Hence the volume of kids in our squad
we'll see in this window how much relegation scares ME

Waka waka eh eh

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:02 - Dec 31 with 4374 viewsRegencyBlue

No I’m with you on this one.

Sounds to me like a man who has just realised what working under the Evans regime is all about!

The next few days will tell regarding transfers in but it’s not looking positive.
Login to get fewer ads

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:04 - Dec 31 with 4342 viewsreusersfreekicks

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 13:57 - Dec 31 by FrimleyBlue

So a major asset is significantly de-valued and it's not bad for him. That's nonsense.
That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:07 - Dec 31 with 4310 viewsITFC_Forever

When PL took the job, he and ME must have had conversations about various scenarios over the forthcoming months, including the budget for reinforcements in January, and what happens if we go down / stay up - does PL stay? What would be the budget to bounce-back (if we go down) or avoid a repeat (if we stay up).

PL and ME must have reached agreements on all of these - but my worry is that if ME doesn't / isn't able to keep to those agreements, then PL will soon be on his way.
And then we really will be in trouble and end up with charlatans like Steve Evans or Cotterill.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:09 - Dec 31 with 4287 viewsFrimleyBlue

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:04 - Dec 31 by reusersfreekicks

So a major asset is significantly de-valued and it's not bad for him. That's nonsense.

It's not more or less valued in league one than It is now, Even more potentially a more attractive asset in league one than in the championship.

Lower wage bill, less expense, hot future prospects, long term contracts on young players. Might take a few years but potential is there

Championship needs immediate financial input just to survice as we are seeing.
League one, easier to survive in with much less outlay

Waka waka eh eh

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:11 - Dec 31 with 4272 viewsSuperfrans

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:01 - Dec 31 by FrimleyBlue

Drastically drops wage bill to cover it. Hence the volume of kids in our squad
we'll see in this window how much relegation scares ME

£7m is a huge amount to cut from a salary budget of £18m. That would require losing Bart (which will be nigh on impossible given his form, his wage and the length of his contract) and another 12 players on £10k a week. Where are those players going to come from? And how do we shed players whose contracts aren’t up?

Personally, I can see him using the drop as an excuse to cut back the academy (perhaps even close it) and slash back in other parts of the club. The problem with such cuts are that they are long term decisions to address what we would all hope is a short term loss of income.

We head down that road and we have no hope of keeping Lambert for next season, which should be our absolute priority right now.

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:12 - Dec 31 with 4255 viewsfooters

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:09 - Dec 31 by FrimleyBlue

It's not more or less valued in league one than It is now, Even more potentially a more attractive asset in league one than in the championship.

Lower wage bill, less expense, hot future prospects, long term contracts on young players. Might take a few years but potential is there

How have you sold your houses before? Putting bricks through the windows, pulling up the carpets and p1ssing all over everything, hoping someone's in the market for a doer-up-er?

Jesus wept.

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:14 - Dec 31 with 4220 viewsFrimleyBlue

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:12 - Dec 31 by footers

How have you sold your houses before? Putting bricks through the windows, pulling up the carpets and p1ssing all over everything, hoping someone's in the market for a doer-up-er?

Jesus wept.

Clearly though we'll see in the window what it means to ME

IF there isn't sufficient funding available and less than 3 players come in, we are down, and for me shows it makes no difference to ME what league we are in

Waka waka eh eh

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:15 - Dec 31 with 4203 viewsFrimleyBlue

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:11 - Dec 31 by Superfrans

£7m is a huge amount to cut from a salary budget of £18m. That would require losing Bart (which will be nigh on impossible given his form, his wage and the length of his contract) and another 12 players on £10k a week. Where are those players going to come from? And how do we shed players whose contracts aren’t up?

Personally, I can see him using the drop as an excuse to cut back the academy (perhaps even close it) and slash back in other parts of the club. The problem with such cuts are that they are long term decisions to address what we would all hope is a short term loss of income.

We head down that road and we have no hope of keeping Lambert for next season, which should be our absolute priority right now.

Frans, wasn't 18Mill our budget last season?

I can't see it being that high this season.

Waka waka eh eh

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:17 - Dec 31 with 4190 viewsSuperfrans

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:09 - Dec 31 by FrimleyBlue

I can see that that might be in Evans’ mind, but it is essentially remodelling the club as a club like Burton, Rotherham, etc, becoming a club which might be able to build the momentum required to bounce up from League One and use that to spring board us into the Premiership perhaps like Huddrsfield or Bournemouth have. But that’s a huge ask.

Also, much of our ongoing costs are fixed for the foreseeable, in terms of our contracts, infrastructure etc.

I also wonder whether there are clauses built into our deals with Adidas, Magical Vegas etc which reduce our income from them, or prompt renegotiations, in the event of relegation. I believe our Greene King deal is up this coming summer too.

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:17 - Dec 31 with 4184 viewsloyalfan

I thought Lambert sounded very subdued and not his usual self. He was certainly a lot more critical than he usually is.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2018 14:25]
That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:18 - Dec 31 with 4173 viewsjjblue84

What has he realised that he didn't know when he joined??
That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:18 - Dec 31 with 4163 viewsfooters

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:14 - Dec 31 by FrimleyBlue

Clearly though we'll see in the window what it means to ME

IF there isn't sufficient funding available and less than 3 players come in, we are down, and for me shows it makes no difference to ME what league we are in

I know you're TWTD's doom-merchant-in-chief, but how about waiting to see what happens rather than a pre-emptive blub over what you suppose might happen?

Evans doesn't want us to slip into League One. We'll see what he can pull off (Lambert's appointment being a key point; if he had no ambition we would have a L1 manager by now, saving ME a few quid in the process).

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:18 - Dec 31 with 4166 viewsreusersfreekicks

Championship clubs have greater income and are of higher value. Your logic is baffling at best.
That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:20 - Dec 31 with 4129 viewsFrimleyBlue

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:12 - Dec 31 by footers

Jesus wept.

You're on the right path with that

Think. You've got around 1 Mill to spend on a house
Do you go for one that is struggling but in a nice area, needs a lot of extra money spent on it, needs a new roof, new flooring and subsidence issues, just to keep it standing but in a nice area total cost of £3 Mill, no plot of land to do anything with and no additional space to build any extensions.

Or, buy a house that's £500k, doesn't need a lot of work done to it to make it liveable, spend an extra 500k on decorations and odd jobs and you've saved yourself 2 mill, whilst making something that potentially in years to come could have a higher resale value with lots of land available to buy when needed to add more value to the plot

Waka waka eh eh

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:22 - Dec 31 with 4109 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:18 - Dec 31 by jjblue84

What has he realised that he didn't know when he joined??

That’s what I’m thinking, surely nothing has changed since he got appointed. May just be a case of players he wanted don’t want to come here and now he’s struggling to see how we’re going to escape. Or maybe, ME has decided to backtrack on his promises
That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:22 - Dec 31 with 4103 viewsfooters

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:20 - Dec 31 by FrimleyBlue

You're on the right path with that

Think. You've got around 1 Mill to spend on a house
Do you go for one that is struggling but in a nice area, needs a lot of extra money spent on it, needs a new roof, new flooring and subsidence issues, just to keep it standing but in a nice area total cost of £3 Mill, no plot of land to do anything with and no additional space to build any extensions.

Or, buy a house that's £500k, doesn't need a lot of work done to it to make it liveable, spend an extra 500k on decorations and odd jobs and you've saved yourself 2 mill, whilst making something that potentially in years to come could have a higher resale value with lots of land available to buy when needed to add more value to the plot

I'm tagging out of this match, my head hurts.

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:23 - Dec 31 with 4086 viewsRegencyBlue

We can’t hang on to our young players now with potentially good prospects being poached from the Academy before they near the first team. Being in League 1 isn’t going to make that any better for a start!

Less expenditure maybe, but a lot less income as well. Aside from the immediate £7 million hit what will happen to season ticket sales?

I think in effect we end up in exactly the same situation in League 1 as we have in the Championship but worth less.

Slightly worrying as we aren’t worth much now!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2018 14:25]
That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:23 - Dec 31 with 4077 viewsbrogansnose

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 14:11 - Dec 31 by Superfrans

He does sound exasperated to me particulary with the amount of loanees and not building
for the future and I think its telling that his comments kept dissasociating himself from the club, 'We've come in to help the club.' About the Jonas contract ,' Its something that the club needs to sort out.'

The man is a proper footballing bloke and we need to keep him here whatever league we are in, yes, it is an absolute priority right now but I don't think its looking good for that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024