Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’d forgotten about this. 22:45 - Dec 31 with 5016 viewsRegencyBlue

We were warned what was happening.

http://turnstileblues.co.uk/blog.aspx?nid=1112
I’d forgotten about this. on 23:35 - Dec 31 with 4909 viewsElderGrizzly

A lot of what is written there has been proven to be incorrect, or to be stronger a lie, as Phil has commented on previously.

Put it this way and keeping it topical, if it was a blog to be published on here, he’d ask for a few inaccuracies to be removed

Overall Evans ownership has been poor, so there is no need for TB to simply make stuff up to suit their agenda when the true stuff is bad enough
I’d forgotten about this. on 23:40 - Dec 31 with 4889 viewsSteve_M

I’d forgotten about this. on 23:35 - Dec 31 by ElderGrizzly

A lot of what is written there has been proven to be incorrect, or to be stronger a lie, as Phil has commented on previously.

Put it this way and keeping it topical, if it was a blog to be published on here, he’d ask for a few inaccuracies to be removed

Overall Evans ownership has been poor, so there is no need for TB to simply make stuff up to suit their agenda when the true stuff is bad enough

Which bits are lies in there? All of it is as reported by people closely involved wth the club.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I’d forgotten about this. on 23:47 - Dec 31 with 4852 viewsRegencyBlue

Which bits are lies exactly?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2018 23:50]
I’d forgotten about this. on 00:30 - Jan 1 with 4733 viewsBackToRussia

Still, it's his money, so he can do what he likes, or something like that.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I’d forgotten about this. on 07:24 - Jan 1 with 4534 viewschristiand

Appreciate it’s ME’s money, but what’s been written about by TB has been proven to be correct in my view. More so, even as an outsider looking in you can see for yourself how we’ve steadily declined on and off the pitch, if you are being honest. If ME wants out, he needs to be doing more to make us appealing to a potential buyer. We just appear a club that is going to ‘wrack and ruin’ under his leadership with no plan other than a token scattergun approach, occasionally with first team affairs. Instead of having pride in the club, it’s like the bare minimum is acceptable.... ‘That’ll do, that’s good enough!’ It’s an utter shambles, which has lacked foresight from the top for a while. We just appear completely second rate and it’s embarassing to watch.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 7:29]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I’d forgotten about this. on 07:59 - Jan 1 with 4474 viewsReuser_is_God

Poor? That’s an understatement.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I’d forgotten about this. on 08:54 - Jan 1 with 4347 viewsjas0999

For me, yesterday’s press conference from Lambert was very telling.

The approach from the club year in year out has been poor. As PL said, you can’t rely on loans loan loans. You can’t let players contracts run down. You can’t start every pre season with nine or ten players leaving and needing to sign the same again. Sadly, Evans approach has dictated just that. It’s always a short term fix. It’s finally backfired, after selling our better players and generally bringing in lesser alternatives or players on loan who are with us just one year. It’s madness.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 9:44]
I’d forgotten about this. on 09:19 - Jan 1 with 4243 viewsshamboy

Lambert has played a shrewd game. His charm offensive has got almost everyone eating from the palm of his hand to strengthen his position when he takes on Evans. Sadly for Lambo, it's a battle he will never win.
Login to get fewer ads

I’d forgotten about this. on 09:38 - Jan 1 with 4171 viewsmuccletonjoe

I’d forgotten about this. on 09:19 - Jan 1 by shamboy

Lambert has played a shrewd game. His charm offensive has got almost everyone eating from the palm of his hand to strengthen his position when he takes on Evans. Sadly for Lambo, it's a battle he will never win.

Sadly for IPSWICH TOWN its a battle he cant win
I’d forgotten about this. on 09:48 - Jan 1 with 4131 viewsRegencyBlue

I’d forgotten about this. on 07:59 - Jan 1 by Reuser_is_God

Poor? That’s an understatement.

To be fair EG, under this and a previous persona, has been one of the chief flag wavers for Evans over the years so this is quite damning criticism really!
I’d forgotten about this. on 10:08 - Jan 1 with 4048 viewssparks

The article (which is poorly written, for what its worth) seems to be full of innuendo and conjecture. To the extent it contains specifics, its largely bobbins. Embarrassing.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

I’d forgotten about this. on 10:28 - Jan 1 with 3980 viewsIpswichKnight

I’d forgotten about this. on 10:08 - Jan 1 by sparks

The article (which is poorly written, for what its worth) seems to be full of innuendo and conjecture. To the extent it contains specifics, its largely bobbins. Embarrassing.

What did you expect from the in-house propaganda rag for the supporters trust. They much rather prefer sniping from the side than doing anything constructive.
I’d forgotten about this. on 11:00 - Jan 1 with 3891 viewsRegencyBlue

Oops the Evans apologists are out in force today!
I’d forgotten about this. on 11:02 - Jan 1 with 3877 viewsartsbossbeard

I make you right.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I’d forgotten about this. on 11:05 - Jan 1 with 3856 viewssparks

I’d forgotten about this. on 11:00 - Jan 1 by RegencyBlue

Show me a significant and specific thing from the article (which was not blindingly obvious and well known to all) which has turned out to be accurate.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 11:05]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

I’d forgotten about this. on 11:08 - Jan 1 with 3824 viewsfooters

I’d forgotten about this. on 11:00 - Jan 1 by RegencyBlue

You can still be critical of Evans' ownership and see the article has very little detail, is poorly written and basically a lot of supposition without substance. Anyone could have written it.

Plenty of concrete things to be p1ssed off about without having to invent anything.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 11:09]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I’d forgotten about this. on 11:13 - Jan 1 with 3792 viewsartsbossbeard

I’d forgotten about this. on 11:08 - Jan 1 by footers

You can still be critical of Evans' ownership and see the article has very little detail, is poorly written and basically a lot of supposition without substance. Anyone could have written it.

Plenty of concrete things to be p1ssed off about without having to invent anything.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 11:09]

This.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I’d forgotten about this. on 11:15 - Jan 1 with 3778 viewsfooters

I’d forgotten about this. on 11:13 - Jan 1 by artsbossbeard

This.

It's going to be a long year, brother.

Numbskulls gonna numbskull.

I’d forgotten about this. on 11:48 - Jan 1 with 3676 viewsRyorry

I’d forgotten about this. on 11:05 - Jan 1 by sparks

Show me a significant and specific thing from the article (which was not blindingly obvious and well known to all) which has turned out to be accurate.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 11:05]

Demonstrable facts backed up by evidence are one thing, but where a football club's concerned, emotions and feelings have their own place and validity. These are/were people apparently working for the club who were witnessing the corner-cutting from the inside - I certainly wouldn't dismiss them or the article that readily, esp as we can see some things for ourselves - the lack of care in maintenance and cleaning at PR, the poor catering (for evan's sake, by an owner whose business is corporate hospitality!!).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I’d forgotten about this. on 12:00 - Jan 1 with 3628 viewsfooters

I’d forgotten about this. on 11:48 - Jan 1 by Ryorry

Demonstrable facts backed up by evidence are one thing, but where a football club's concerned, emotions and feelings have their own place and validity. These are/were people apparently working for the club who were witnessing the corner-cutting from the inside - I certainly wouldn't dismiss them or the article that readily, esp as we can see some things for ourselves - the lack of care in maintenance and cleaning at PR, the poor catering (for evan's sake, by an owner whose business is corporate hospitality!!).

Any away fan from the last 15 years could have told you PR catering is crap and the whole place needs a good scrub! Hardly the sort of hot goss an insider would have.

But fear not, once my consortium is put together we'll come to the rescue, armed with mops, buckets and half-decent food :)

I’d forgotten about this. on 12:02 - Jan 1 with 3611 viewssparks

I’d forgotten about this. on 11:48 - Jan 1 by Ryorry

Im questioning the idea in the OP that the article has been proved right and that we were "warned that this was happening." as if it were some prophetic insight which has been vindicated.

Which is why I asked what specific things it wanrs of have been shown to be accurate or insightful.

So far, silence...

I’d forgotten about this. on 12:03 - Jan 1 with 3599 viewsRyorry

I’d forgotten about this. on 12:00 - Jan 1 by footers

Any away fan from the last 15 years could have told you PR catering is crap and the whole place needs a good scrub! Hardly the sort of hot goss an insider would have.

But fear not, once my consortium is put together we'll come to the rescue, armed with mops, buckets and half-decent food :)

You can have my 50 quid - all you need now is a million more!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I’d forgotten about this. on 12:05 - Jan 1 with 3587 viewsfooters

I’d forgotten about this. on 12:03 - Jan 1 by Ryorry

You can have my 50 quid - all you need now is a million more!

Well, I'll happily take your £50 (and anyone else's for that matter), but rest assured my partners are well-resourced...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024