Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans / Hurst culpability and does it matter 12:15 - Jan 1 with 451 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Having been thinking about our predicament, and the degree of culpability, the way I see it is this. The appointment of Hurst seemed a good one - the vast majority of Town fans were supportive, and there was a lot of pre-season excitement, so I dont think Evans can be blamed for teh initial appointment. However, Hurst was naive to believe he could shed all our best players and recruit a team form lower leagues, and as fans we were beginning to get worried before the season kicked off. As the owner, Evans should have also been very worried, but obviously it suited his penny pinching approach, and clearly in the interviews for the managers job, he discussed the very limited budget. That is clearly why Lampard walked away. Hurst told ME what he wanted to hear, so the fact that Hurst's gamble didn't work out is largely attributable to ME.

Does it matter? As the culpability is largely with Evans, who is still in charge, then yes it bleeding well does. We are really now reaping the consequences of a decade of under investment and poor judgement calls from ME, and it is now time that he accepted his responsibility and not hide behind Hurst, Keane, Jewell or anyone else and support Lambert in the re-building of the club.

Poll: would you rather

Evans / Hurst culpability and does it matter on 12:36 - Jan 1 with 398 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It looked a decent enough appointment at the time.

And I'm not sure Lampard would have done much with us.

I don't think Lambert would've been widely welcomed at the start of the season, but I'd love to have seen what he could have done if he came in the summer.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Evans / Hurst culpability and does it matter on 12:46 - Jan 1 with 386 viewsPositivelyPortman

Your first paragraph has been repeated for weeks by various contributors to this forum.
We need to move on, it’s a new year.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024