Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert 17:04 - Jan 1 with 15699 viewsnshearman1

Are we allowed to start criticising Lambert yet? He's said and done a lot of good things, but he's stuck with this defence pretty much throughout until he realised Knudsen was off, not tried any real alternatives or alternative formations, stuck with Gerken, and fiddled about with other positions to no avail. Today he draws attention to himself ranting on the touchline, looks like he panicked in taking off Chalobah, and fails to hold what we had or even build on it. Yes, the squad generally is poor, but this is actually no better than Hurst, there has been no significant improvement under PL after something like 11 games.
Lambert on 22:25 - Jan 1 with 1979 viewsmrshallisfit

Of course you can start to criticise Lambert. If you are a dumbf##k.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:25 - Jan 1 with 1979 viewsTrequartista

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:20 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

It's quite telling that some of those who were most vocal about performances being more important than results when criticising Mick a year ago are now making the opposite argument.

Bit odd to write that on this thread where no-one is doing any such thing.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:27 - Jan 1 with 1973 viewsHerbivore

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:25 - Jan 1 by Trequartista

Bit odd to write that on this thread where no-one is doing any such thing.

Well, you are really when we break it down.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:31 - Jan 1 with 1959 viewsTrequartista

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:27 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

Well, you are really when we break it down.

The discussion is about if performances have improved from one manager to another, I haven't even touched upon style of play for either of them. What a strange assertion.

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:32 - Jan 1 with 1958 viewsTrequartista

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:18 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

You might have a point if anyone had actually claimed Lambert is a miracle worker.

That was really more applicable to McCarthy, the Lambert situation i detailed quite clearly later on. I'm not convinced you read that far.

Lambert on 08:22 - Jan 2 with 1869 viewsstewartm

I am one to criticise but PL has not had a chance really? look at what he has inherited, maybe his use of Spence is the only thing I could really try to criticise but other than that? perhaps PL is not happy with something regarding Donacien, what I have seen of Donacien he is useless but not as bad as Spence.

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:42 - Jan 2 with 1843 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:18 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

You might have a point if anyone had actually claimed Lambert is a miracle worker.

Not those exact words perhaps but that’s exactly what some posters on here seem to have been implying

Hell in the wake of yesterday’s game there’s been at least 4 threads with people getting worried about whether he’ll stay or not if we go down, as if he’s given us a fighting chance. All for a man who has so far won 1 out of 11, and doubled the gap to safety

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:46 - Jan 2 with 1835 viewsHerbivore

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:42 - Jan 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Not those exact words perhaps but that’s exactly what some posters on here seem to have been implying

Hell in the wake of yesterday’s game there’s been at least 4 threads with people getting worried about whether he’ll stay or not if we go down, as if he’s given us a fighting chance. All for a man who has so far won 1 out of 11, and doubled the gap to safety

I think perhaps people recognise the enormity of the task he inherited and appreciate that he's embedded a style that has, at home at least, put us in with a chance of winning games if we just had a bit more quality in both boxes. I think people also don't want us changing managers every 6 months and having to keep ripping it up and starting again. I get that you are more sceptical, and that's fine, but there are reasons that others are more positive about Lambert despite results continuing to be poor.

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:48 - Jan 2 with 1830 viewsLankHenners

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:42 - Jan 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

And you here seem to be implying he's sh!t and it's all his fault we are where we are. Besides, the concerns about him staying or not are quite obviously about him staying to rebuild us in League 1 as people rate him as a good enough manager to do so if he's allowed to construct his own team rather than have to deal with someone else's mess.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:50 - Jan 2 with 1825 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:48 - Jan 2 by LankHenners

And you here seem to be implying he's sh!t and it's all his fault we are where we are. Besides, the concerns about him staying or not are quite obviously about him staying to rebuild us in League 1 as people rate him as a good enough manager to do so if he's allowed to construct his own team rather than have to deal with someone else's mess.

I’m not implying that he is sh*t, I’m saying that he’s done sh*t so far

Because he has
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 9:51]

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:33 - Jan 2 with 1791 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:46 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

I think perhaps people recognise the enormity of the task he inherited and appreciate that he's embedded a style that has, at home at least, put us in with a chance of winning games if we just had a bit more quality in both boxes. I think people also don't want us changing managers every 6 months and having to keep ripping it up and starting again. I get that you are more sceptical, and that's fine, but there are reasons that others are more positive about Lambert despite results continuing to be poor.

I don’t want us changing managers every 6 months either, but at the same time I don’t want us to just stick with someone for the sake of continuity if it isn’t working

As noted above, clearly Lambert needs to be given the chance to put his stamp on things in January and show what he can do long term. But what if he brings in a load of dross and results continue in this vein - should we be blindly sticking with him?

Lambert on 10:40 - Jan 2 with 1781 viewsPositivelyPortman

Lambert on 17:10 - Jan 1 by floridaboy

Are you for real?

Not his fault his captain gave away a stupid penalty!

We currently have two keepers with absolutely no form at all.

Apart from Spence how does Lambert change that back four. Would like to know what is going on regarding Donecian.

He changed left back which was the right thing to do but who replaces Chambers or Pennington
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 17:11]

Nsiala

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:48 - Jan 2 with 1771 viewsHerbivore

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:33 - Jan 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I don’t want us changing managers every 6 months either, but at the same time I don’t want us to just stick with someone for the sake of continuity if it isn’t working

As noted above, clearly Lambert needs to be given the chance to put his stamp on things in January and show what he can do long term. But what if he brings in a load of dross and results continue in this vein - should we be blindly sticking with him?

Let's wait and see. As things stand I'm pretty happy with a fair bit of what Lambert has done despite the results but if he signs a load of dross and we don't get any better then I'll re-evaluate, although to judge him on one January transfer window would seem somewhat unfair. I think most are in the same boat, they like much of what Lambert is saying and doing whilst recognising results need to improve. On that basis most would like to see him develop that project over a longer period. You seem desperate to be the contrary voice, which is unlike you. When you're in the company of Trequartista it might be time to have a think about the stance you're adopting.

Lambert on 12:03 - Jan 2 with 1730 viewsMrTown

Good manager, needs a lot more time to sort this mess out. We operate with such tight constraints, given a normal club needing 3 transfer windows, given out constraints and relying upon loans, and people’s contracts expiring, I wouldn’t be surprised if lambert needs 5 windows.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:46 - Jan 2 with 1711 viewsLankHenners

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:50 - Jan 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I’m not implying that he is sh*t, I’m saying that he’s done sh*t so far

Because he has
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 9:51]

But that comes back around to how much of it is down to him. Results are obviously still poor and he's clearly approached the situation in a very different way to how Mick did when he was called in to save us (although Mick had a better team to work with).

You seem very keen to pin everything on Lambert and ignore any other factors including the team being full of players who aren't good enough, which is the sort of odd thinking you associate with the right rabid drips on here.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:52 - Jan 2 with 1675 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:46 - Jan 2 by LankHenners

But that comes back around to how much of it is down to him. Results are obviously still poor and he's clearly approached the situation in a very different way to how Mick did when he was called in to save us (although Mick had a better team to work with).

You seem very keen to pin everything on Lambert and ignore any other factors including the team being full of players who aren't good enough, which is the sort of odd thinking you associate with the right rabid drips on here.

I’m not pinning everything on Lambert at all. Hurst destroyed the squad and put us into this mess - and clearly expectations on Lambert have to be balanced against the squad he has

But Lambert is ultimately responsible for the results of matches he is in the dugout for, and those results have been atrocious. Yesterday was the worst result we’ve had this season, in fact

Lambert on 13:52 - Jan 2 with 1674 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lambert on 12:03 - Jan 2 by MrTown

Good manager, needs a lot more time to sort this mess out. We operate with such tight constraints, given a normal club needing 3 transfer windows, given out constraints and relying upon loans, and people’s contracts expiring, I wouldn’t be surprised if lambert needs 5 windows.

FIVE WINDOWS 😂

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:58 - Jan 2 with 1666 viewsNo9

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:52 - Jan 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I’m not pinning everything on Lambert at all. Hurst destroyed the squad and put us into this mess - and clearly expectations on Lambert have to be balanced against the squad he has

But Lambert is ultimately responsible for the results of matches he is in the dugout for, and those results have been atrocious. Yesterday was the worst result we’ve had this season, in fact

Forget not that 7 of the team, V QPR last week, were in MM's squad.
Lambert on 14:07 - Jan 2 with 1650 viewsIpswichTownNL

You can't blame Lambert but calling him brilliant is the other end of the spectrum imo. He hasn’t plugged any leaks. Both Bristol and Millwall changed the game by small tactical changes and he didn’t react at all.

It’s a personal thing but I don’t like managers running around the coaching area like they are on steroids. Just analyse the game and tweak when necessary. I get what he’s trying to do but it looks a bit silly when it has zero effect. Can’t really blame the players for getting caught up with the emotions of the game when you’re putting on a side-line show for 90 minutes.

I’m trying really hard to like him but he’s not making it very easy. He says and does — inviting legends to the training ground — a lot of things right. He sure works his sock off I believe that.

Feels like he tried to plug all our leaks at once. We are crap. This lot can’t play passing football from the back. He should have sorted our defence out. Play 7 at the back for all I care but I was about getting points on the board. Too late for that now.

That being said; I want him to stay. He will get it right. Just not in time to save us from relegation. I expected a bit more from an experienced manager to be honest but it seems he misjudged our quality a bit.

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024