Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before 17:14 - Jan 1 with 16525 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It’s all over.

I won’t even post the usual Evans thread. There’s no point. I’m in a minority that can see what’s gone one.

What a sad day for this club.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I absolutely hate this statement and here's why... on 18:31 - Jan 1 with 2935 viewstractorboy7777

I absolutely hate this statement and here's why... on 18:25 - Jan 1 by StokieBlue

Disagree.

This is a forum, if someone is going to rant continually (which he has done for weeks) then they should at least have a vision or some form of solution they would like to see implemented.

For instance, I could say I don't like your forum picture (I do by the way) and rant about it for months. I know what solution I'd like, I would want you to change it. If I ranted about it without knowing what I would like done what would be the point?

As for your final sentence, you make it sound like there is a line winding around the block at Portman Road full of buyers just chomping at the bit to take over.

SB

There is no comparison at all there with your ‘forum picture’ scenario. Are you paying him to provide you with a picture that you’re not happy with?

One thing that you could tell people who complain is to complain to the cause of the discontent and not on an online forum.

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

I absolutely hate this statement and here's why... on 19:21 - Jan 1 with 2846 viewsm14_blue

I absolutely hate this statement and here's why... on 18:22 - Jan 1 by ScottCandage

You have no right to demand answers of someone who complains. The customer who complains of a product has no need to come up with a solution to the product-provider's product. She either will or won't buy the product based on the results. All the consumer can do is say, "Fix this or I won't buy it."

Fix it, Marcus. Or sell to someone who will. It's not about can. You CAN. It might cost you, but you CAN. You just WON'T.

Except, if you really want to use this analogy, there is no other industry in the world where a 'product-provider' would continue to subsidise a failing business, with little prospect of ever seeing any return, for the continued enjoyment of the 'consumer'.

Your last sentence is interesting, you obviously know something none of the rest of us do, who is the buyer Marcus CAN sell to?

No one is happy with the current situation, everyone knows that under-investment in the playing squad is a big factor behind it. However, some people are grownup enough to understand that, unless a billionaire comes in, there's no easy answer.

If I was Evans reading these posts I'd be tempted to just think fcuk it and pull out all funding straight away.
I absolutely hate this statement and here's why... on 19:22 - Jan 1 with 2842 viewsStokieBlue

I absolutely hate this statement and here's why... on 19:21 - Jan 1 by m14_blue

Except, if you really want to use this analogy, there is no other industry in the world where a 'product-provider' would continue to subsidise a failing business, with little prospect of ever seeing any return, for the continued enjoyment of the 'consumer'.

Your last sentence is interesting, you obviously know something none of the rest of us do, who is the buyer Marcus CAN sell to?

No one is happy with the current situation, everyone knows that under-investment in the playing squad is a big factor behind it. However, some people are grownup enough to understand that, unless a billionaire comes in, there's no easy answer.

If I was Evans reading these posts I'd be tempted to just think fcuk it and pull out all funding straight away.

I think he means he could chuck more money at it rather than there is a buyer.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:22 - Jan 1 with 2843 viewsEdinburgh_Blue

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:56 - Jan 1 by The_Romford_Blue

What am I struggling with here Libs?

Am I supposed to be grateful for Evans ruining this club?

Under Evans:
- He sacked Magilton.
- We’ve not beaten the Scum in 10 years.
- We’ve had 1 playoff (failed) run in his entire reign.
- When miraculously 2nd in January, he refused to invest in January.
- We’ve not won an FA Cup game in 9 years.
- Attendances have dropped 10k.
- We continually sell our best players and fail to replace them.
- We are now being relegated to the third tier for the first time in 59 years.

So let me apologise for not being as pleased that Evans is in charge as others appear to be.

Agree with all of those points apart from the one about Magilton. By several accounts he had lost the dressing room and there was general disharmony among the players. This is perhaps borne out by the lack of any successful management career since.

Poll: How many goals will England put past San Marino tomorrow?

I absolutely hate this statement and here's why... on 19:26 - Jan 1 with 2824 viewsm14_blue

I absolutely hate this statement and here's why... on 19:22 - Jan 1 by StokieBlue

I think he means he could chuck more money at it rather than there is a buyer.

SB

Oh yeah, could be.

I took it to mean he could sell at a knockdown price.

Either way, it's another person joining the queue to spend someone else's money.
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:26 - Jan 1 with 2824 viewsSwailsey

You’re not in the minority Rommy, and your arrogant posting about this isn’t going to win you any favours!

No one is happy with the state of the club.

But what is the way out? If Evans just decided “fkck it, I’m out”, then the club will fold.

As it stands, we’re going down, but until someone else comes in to buy us, we will have to make do.

We can’t force him to sell if no one is buying. If you had the money, but weren’t a town fan, would you?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:32 - Jan 1 with 2799 viewsSpruceMoose

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:17 - Jan 1 by The_Romford_Blue

I disagree

Any criticism of Evans doesn’t go down too well on here.

You're so hell bent on being some kind of martyr that you're not even reading posts. I've seen nobody say that they'd want Evans to stay.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:33 - Jan 1 with 2798 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:26 - Jan 1 by Swailsey

You’re not in the minority Rommy, and your arrogant posting about this isn’t going to win you any favours!

But what is the way out? If Evans just decided “fkck it, I’m out”, then the club will fold.

As it stands, we’re going down, but until someone else comes in to buy us, we will have to make do.

We can’t force him to sell if no one is buying. If you had the money, but weren’t a town fan, would you?

Can I just say that it’s not arrogant posting.

There’s no arrogance.

The situation is one that angers me but more than anything saddens me.

Perhaps I shouldn’t post straight after games but I’m an emotional geezer and TWTD helps me to rant after seeing us lose every week.

It’s not arrogance. I’m sorry if you interpret it as such.

Login to get fewer ads

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:35 - Jan 1 with 2782 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:32 - Jan 1 by SpruceMoose

You're so hell bent on being some kind of martyr that you're not even reading posts. I've seen nobody say that they'd want Evans to stay.

As fun as this is, for the sake of the board, that’s me for tonight.

Otherwise you, Stokie and ChrisS will make the same points to me, I’ll say the same stuff back and it’ll be exactly the same as the EvansOut threads I deliberately DIDN’T post. So I’ll back down.

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:36 - Jan 1 with 2780 viewstractorboy7777

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:26 - Jan 1 by Swailsey

How can you say there’s not someone out there? What did the Bournemouth owner see in them?

From what I make of it, Evans is asking for too much money for the club.

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:38 - Jan 1 with 2763 viewsJ2BLUE

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:33 - Jan 1 by The_Romford_Blue

There’s no arrogance.

Perhaps I shouldn’t post straight after games but I’m an emotional geezer and TWTD helps me to rant after seeing us lose every week.

Post all you want after a game. You're a passionate fan, we know that and you do deserve better than a club owned by Evans but unfortunately we have to wait for someone to buy us. It's ok to think protest is the right answer but it's not the right answer for me. My 'defence' of Evans isn't because he's a great owner, it's because it's the only option we have right now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:40 - Jan 1 with 2753 viewsBlueForYou

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:56 - Jan 1 by The_Romford_Blue

Under Evans:
- He sacked Magilton.

So let me apologise for not being as pleased that Evans is in charge as others appear to be.

That really rams it home. For my part, I dont go to games anymore (live in rural Hampshire these days) but Town were a huge part of my youth & younger life & remain so. I don't follow football, I follow Ipswich Town. I spend hours reading & following etc. I feel so desperately sorry for those who have to endure this game to game in person, & I have many friends who do. I still feel Paul Lambert is the right manager for us, we've got him by default but I hope we can keep him. Of all the managers we've had recently he has the best pedigree. Unfortunately today probably burst my own bubble of hope & enthusiasm. Hoping & praying for a miracle now I think.
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:41 - Jan 1 with 2748 viewsSpruceMoose

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:33 - Jan 1 by The_Romford_Blue

There’s no arrogance.

You did this with the Waghorn transfer. Anyone who didn't agree with you was less of a fan. Anyone who didn't agree with you was blind to the truth. Only you can see how things are and as a result you take every differing opinion as a personal affront. That's what irritates people.

Nobody I've seen on here disagrees with you that Evans should look to sell up to someone or increase funding. This is the truth, no matter how much you seem to want to be the lone voice on this. Saying it over and over again isn't at all insightful.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 19:43]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:43 - Jan 1 with 2722 viewsITFC_Forever

Under Evans:
- He sacked Magilton.

There was nothing wrong with the decision to sack Jim.

As with when McCarthy left, it was who ME appointed to replace him that was the problem.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 19:57]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:51 - Jan 1 with 2685 viewsBenters2

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:35 - Jan 1 by The_Romford_Blue

As fun as this is, for the sake of the board, that’s me for tonight.

Otherwise you, Stokie and ChrisS will make the same points to me, I’ll say the same stuff back and it’ll be exactly the same as the EvansOut threads I deliberately DIDN’T post. So I’ll back down.

Say what you want thats the whole point of this forum.

There was a bloke on RS phone in he said his bit and said 'thats it im going now as im starting to get waspie' !

So emotions are running high Rommy,and rightly so.
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:53 - Jan 1 with 2671 viewsbrogansnose

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:41 - Jan 1 by SpruceMoose

You did this with the Waghorn transfer. Anyone who didn't agree with you was less of a fan. Anyone who didn't agree with you was blind to the truth. Only you can see how things are and as a result you take every differing opinion as a personal affront. That's what irritates people.

Nobody I've seen on here disagrees with you that Evans should look to sell up to someone or increase funding. This is the truth, no matter how much you seem to want to be the lone voice on this. Saying it over and over again isn't at all insightful.

He was right about Waghorn.
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:54 - Jan 1 with 2663 viewsmrshallisfit

on 17:31 - Jan 1 by _

Ok fine. But there quite a few 'special's ones who were praising Evan's for his summer dealings.
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:56 - Jan 1 with 2654 viewsSpruceMoose

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:53 - Jan 1 by brogansnose

He was right about Waghorn.

Debatable.

4.5 million. 1 goal in 9 this season. Didn't want to stay here. Plenty of reasons to move him on at the time.

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:57 - Jan 1 with 2649 viewsSpruceMoose

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:54 - Jan 1 by mrshallisfit

Ok fine. But there quite a few 'special's ones who were praising Evan's for his summer dealings.

Who?

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:00 - Jan 1 with 2632 viewsJ2BLUE

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:56 - Jan 1 by SpruceMoose

Debatable.

4.5 million. 1 goal in 9 this season. Didn't want to stay here. Plenty of reasons to move him on at the time.

We would kill for Waghorn right now. Thing is, most of us were happy to see his sale fund the new era under Hurst.

Most of us were wrong...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:02 - Jan 1 with 2625 viewsbrogansnose

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:56 - Jan 1 by SpruceMoose

Debatable.

Debatable but there is no evidence that he actually did want to leave. Plenty of reasons to keep him here too.
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:03 - Jan 1 with 2613 viewsBenters2

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 19:41 - Jan 1 by SpruceMoose

Well to be fair Rommy did say with the selling of Waghorn and Garner Town would be down within two seasons.

You cant just cherry pick and hope he bites.
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:07 - Jan 1 with 2595 viewsSpruceMoose

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:00 - Jan 1 by J2BLUE

We would kill for Waghorn right now. Thing is, most of us were happy to see his sale fund the new era under Hurst.

Most of us were wrong...

It's not about being right or wrong really. It keeps being said. Nobody seems to disagree that Evans should sell up.

It's about Rommys attitude towards other posters who are fed up enough as it is with the situation without a weekly 'look at me' style flounce.

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:09 - Jan 1 with 2582 viewsSpruceMoose

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:03 - Jan 1 by Benters2

Well to be fair Rommy did say with the selling of Waghorn and Garner Town would be down within two seasons.

You cant just cherry pick and hope he bites.

It's not the right or wrong. Nobody is disagreeing with him. It's about his attitude towards other posters who appreciate that the situation is a bit more nuanced than 'EVANS OUT!'.

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:10 - Jan 1 with 2580 viewsBenters2

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:07 - Jan 1 by SpruceMoose

It's not about being right or wrong really. It keeps being said. Nobody seems to disagree that Evans should sell up.

It's about Rommys attitude towards other posters who are fed up enough as it is with the situation without a weekly 'look at me' style flounce.

Balls.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024