Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before 17:14 - Jan 1 with 16532 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It’s all over.

I won’t even post the usual Evans thread. There’s no point. I’m in a minority that can see what’s gone one.

What a sad day for this club.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:12 - Jan 1 with 3582 viewsSpruceMoose

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:10 - Jan 1 by Benters2

Balls.

Typical Benters. Soon as he gets some push back he bottles it. If you actually want to discuss the post though I'd love to hear it!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:12 - Jan 1 with 3579 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

What really pi$$es me off is how can an owner remain so anonymous when the club is in such a dire position? Then again, if he does make an appearance it’ll be like last time, a pre-loaded set of questions put to him.
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:16 - Jan 1 with 3568 viewsBenters2

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:09 - Jan 1 by SpruceMoose

It's not the right or wrong. Nobody is disagreeing with him. It's about his attitude towards other posters who appreciate that the situation is a bit more nuanced than 'EVANS OUT!'.

Im sorry im not buying your board Policeman roll
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 20:17]
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:19 - Jan 1 with 3552 viewsBenters2

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:12 - Jan 1 by backwiththeboysagain

What really pi$$es me off is how can an owner remain so anonymous when the club is in such a dire position? Then again, if he does make an appearance it’ll be like last time, a pre-loaded set of questions put to him.

People seemed very impressed with his last interview.
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:19 - Jan 1 with 3552 viewsSpruceMoose

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:16 - Jan 1 by Benters2

I don't follow you. If you're interested you could try reading my post and letting us know your thoughts, if you have any?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:19 - Jan 1 with 3550 viewsSpruceMoose

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:19 - Jan 1 by Benters2

People seemed very impressed with his last interview.

Only in your mind.

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:22 - Jan 1 with 3536 viewsBenters2

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:19 - Jan 1 by SpruceMoose

Only in your mind.

Alright they didnt then.
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:23 - Jan 1 with 3531 viewsSpruceMoose

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:22 - Jan 1 by Benters2

Alright they didnt then.

I know.

Login to get fewer ads

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:25 - Jan 1 with 3513 viewsBenters2

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:23 - Jan 1 by SpruceMoose

I know.

There you win.
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:36 - Jan 1 with 3471 viewseireblue

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:16 - Jan 1 by Benters2

It is quite difficult for a moose to do one of those, the truncheon can get caught in the antlers.
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:53 - Jan 1 with 3431 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:07 - Jan 1 by SpruceMoose

It's not about being right or wrong really. It keeps being said. Nobody seems to disagree that Evans should sell up.

It's about Rommys attitude towards other posters who are fed up enough as it is with the situation without a weekly 'look at me' style flounce.

I think you’re looking for something that isn’t there now.

There’s no look at me at all here.

As Funge said last week, play the ball and not the man. Debate the post. Instead you’re assuming something that frankly isn’t even there.

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:57 - Jan 1 with 3412 viewseireblue

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:53 - Jan 1 by The_Romford_Blue

As Funge said last week, play the ball and not the man. Debate the post. Instead you’re assuming something that frankly isn’t even there.

“ I’m in a minority that can see what’s gone one.”

“Nobody seems to disagree that Evans should sell up”
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:58 - Jan 1 with 3405 viewsDanTheMan

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:19 - Jan 1 by SpruceMoose

Only in your mind.

I seem to recall they were to be fair. In fact I seem to remember a few of us in the thread saying we weren't sure what all the fuss was about were way outweighed with optimistic people. I seem to recall vapour was one of the people who also didn't get all the fuss.

Oh how I'd love for everyone to go back to that naive optimism.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:59 - Jan 1 with 3404 viewslazyblue

Go for it as it always makes things so much better!!
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 21:02 - Jan 1 with 3397 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:57 - Jan 1 by eireblue

“ I’m in a minority that can see what’s gone one.”

“Nobody seems to disagree that Evans should sell up”

So if people can see, why can’t I be angry for all the things I listed on page 1?

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 21:08 - Jan 1 with 3383 viewsSpruceMoose

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 20:53 - Jan 1 by The_Romford_Blue

Sorry Rommers, you literally said you were one of only a few who can see how things are. Just judging you by the things you've said. You can try and move the goal posts and make it personal but it doesn't change what you've posted.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 21:10]

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 21:12 - Jan 1 with 3362 viewsMach_foreignBlue

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:56 - Jan 1 by The_Romford_Blue

What am I struggling with here Libs?

Am I supposed to be grateful for Evans ruining this club?

Under Evans:
- He sacked Magilton.
- We’ve not beaten the Scum in 10 years.
- We’ve had 1 playoff (failed) run in his entire reign.
- When miraculously 2nd in January, he refused to invest in January.
- We’ve not won an FA Cup game in 9 years.
- Attendances have dropped 10k.
- We continually sell our best players and fail to replace them.
- We are now being relegated to the third tier for the first time in 59 years.

So let me apologise for not being as pleased that Evans is in charge as others appear to be.

Sacking Magilton was a right decision.

Some people keep preaching to you this or that about Evans. Probably the same people who would use FFP as a defence for hin and his lack of investment throughout the years.

We had had 8m from the Mings' sale, fantastic opportunity to build on the top 6 finish. However money weren't used to bolster the team because of ... FFP this, FFP that according to some.

Our fanbase is the most polite one in the country. Docile and timid. They will keep smiling and accepting whatever Evans does. Therefore during the next years when we become a boring, lower midtable League you, me and others will be told by the same people that we should be grateful to him for putting few millions a year. Nice, polite, smashing Ipswich fanbase for you.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 21:15]
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 21:14 - Jan 1 with 3358 viewspennblue

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:35 - Jan 1 by JakeITFC

You’re not in a minority, you just think that you are being some sort of genius by saying it.

We are a basket-case of a club going further backwards, that have a huge operating loss every year and are about to get relegated. Why would people be queuing up to buy us? How will removing the money that plugs that operating loss every year make us better?

Because it is not a business, football has always been a rich mans game. If you can’t afford to play then you are in the wrong game

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 21:16 - Jan 1 with 3352 viewseireblue

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 21:02 - Jan 1 by The_Romford_Blue

So if people can see, why can’t I be angry for all the things I listed on page 1?

If you want to be angry, feel free.

If you want to make claims about other posters through implication, e.g. “So let me apologise for not being as pleased that Evans is in charge as others appear to be.” And the previous quote about being in a minority.

Then, surely they are also allowed to have either a logical and/or emotional reaction?

If you want to have a factual based debate, have a debate.

If you want to keep being angry and expressing anger, sure do that.

But if you make and express assumptions that could be incorrect about other people, then, what do you expect to happen?
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 21:16 - Jan 1 with 3351 viewsm14_blue

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 21:14 - Jan 1 by pennblue

Because it is not a business, football has always been a rich mans game. If you can’t afford to play then you are in the wrong game

The rules of the game have changed beyond all recognition over the last 10 years though.
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 21:17 - Jan 1 with 3350 viewsSpruceMoose

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 21:12 - Jan 1 by Mach_foreignBlue

Sacking Magilton was a right decision.

Some people keep preaching to you this or that about Evans. Probably the same people who would use FFP as a defence for hin and his lack of investment throughout the years.

We had had 8m from the Mings' sale, fantastic opportunity to build on the top 6 finish. However money weren't used to bolster the team because of ... FFP this, FFP that according to some.

Our fanbase is the most polite one in the country. Docile and timid. They will keep smiling and accepting whatever Evans does. Therefore during the next years when we become a boring, lower midtable League you, me and others will be told by the same people that we should be grateful to him for putting few millions a year. Nice, polite, smashing Ipswich fanbase for you.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 21:15]

All people are asking is what's the alternative to 'smiling and accepting' (not that that's what people are doing anyway)?

And also, if Evans doesn't put millions in per year we have no club. You need to accept that fact. Until someone else comes along who wants to waste their money on us this is it, as devastating as that is.

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 21:18 - Jan 1 with 3346 viewsSpruceMoose

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 21:16 - Jan 1 by eireblue

If you want to make claims about other posters through implication, e.g. “So let me apologise for not being as pleased that Evans is in charge as others appear to be.” And the previous quote about being in a minority.

Then, surely they are also allowed to have either a logical and/or emotional reaction?

But if you make and express assumptions that could be incorrect about other people, then, what do you expect to happen?

Excellent post. This is exactly what Rommers is failing to comprehend.

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 21:20 - Jan 1 with 3339 viewsbilllm

Very sad seen it all ivwas upset, find it hard to see away back this was the onexwe had to win, best I've seen us play in the first half for a long while couldnt get the second we needed way to fragile at the back, the end
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 21:23 - Jan 1 with 3324 viewsLeagueOne

I agree - it was devastating today, we were so close to actually getting an equalizer, they worked so hard but they are just not good enough. Afterwards there was a little lad crying, felt terrible - Millionaire Marcus what have you done mate...

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 22:46 - Jan 1 with 3226 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 21:16 - Jan 1 by eireblue

I’ve stopped the EvansOut rants..

My OP wasn’t one of anger. It was sadness. Nothing wrong with that surely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024