Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never thought I’d see us get relegated 17:18 - Jan 1 with 1014 viewsgeg1992

I always thought we’d escape somehow, but after today’s match I can’t see a way out at all.

Sloppy goals punished us in a game we should have put to bed by half time!

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Never thought I’d see us get relegated on 17:26 - Jan 1 with 914 viewsdavblue

I respect ppl who have remained believing but nothing that I’ve seen since Lambert has come in has convinced me that we would put a string of results together with this group.

I resigned myself to league 1 6/7 weeks ago, so I’m not too angry.

The supporters who expected us to turn over Millwall and Rotherham I didn’t see it, we’ve won 2 games all year, time to get real!
Never thought I’d see us get relegated on 17:31 - Jan 1 with 858 viewsTheBoyBlue

Never thought I’d see us get relegated on 17:26 - Jan 1 by davblue

I respect ppl who have remained believing but nothing that I’ve seen since Lambert has come in has convinced me that we would put a string of results together with this group.

I resigned myself to league 1 6/7 weeks ago, so I’m not too angry.

The supporters who expected us to turn over Millwall and Rotherham I didn’t see it, we’ve won 2 games all year, time to get real!

6 points from today and Rotherham and a handful of the right decisions and there was a reasonable chance. If Rotherham hadn't had won and we had today then the gap would've been 4/5 and playing them at home next week. Not insurmountable. However, even if we beat Rotherham, it's still 7 points and then Blackburn and Villa away...

It's finished now. My only hopes now are to survive the derby without being too humiliated and hoping Norwich don't go up.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Never thought I’d see us get relegated on 17:41 - Jan 1 with 790 viewsdavblue

Never thought I’d see us get relegated on 17:31 - Jan 1 by TheBoyBlue

6 points from today and Rotherham and a handful of the right decisions and there was a reasonable chance. If Rotherham hadn't had won and we had today then the gap would've been 4/5 and playing them at home next week. Not insurmountable. However, even if we beat Rotherham, it's still 7 points and then Blackburn and Villa away...

It's finished now. My only hopes now are to survive the derby without being too humiliated and hoping Norwich don't go up.

If. If.

We’ve won 2 games in 26 games of football.

The arrogance that we can just decide to turn up and roll over Millwall and Rotherham with no form I just find staggering.
Never thought I’d see us get relegated on 19:10 - Jan 1 with 618 viewsTheBoyBlue

Never thought I’d see us get relegated on 17:41 - Jan 1 by davblue

If. If.

We’ve won 2 games in 26 games of football.

The arrogance that we can just decide to turn up and roll over Millwall and Rotherham with no form I just find staggering.

There was no arrogance in that at all. They're all better than us. But I think it is fair to think that we had more hope of getting 6 points from Millwall and Rotherham at home than say Leeds or West Brom. You're right, it is all ifs and buts, but football is all ifs and buts and demonstrates the thin lines. If we had beaten Millwall and Rotherham had lost/drawn (not an unreasonable or unbelievable scenario) then we could have been 4 points away from Rotherham and gone into the next game against them with real hope. As it is, the reversal has frankly left us an insurmountable mountain to climb.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024