Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lankester, Downes and Bishop 18:17 - Jan 1 with 5008 viewshomer_123

Some lovely football at times in the first half.

Great skills, taking players on, some nice interplay and passing. Gliding past the odd player or two.

Lovely to see.

Dozzell is being a little left behind isn't he?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 18:20 - Jan 1 with 4962 viewsfloridaboy

Just wonder if the injury Dozzell had has been an issue with him. He is fully fit to see out 90 minutes of football. The championship is a very physical division, just wonder if he is up to some of the challenges that would come his way.

Is he a bit of a luxury sort of player. Can we afford Bishop and Dozzell in the same side?
Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 18:33 - Jan 1 with 4916 viewsDurovigutum

Dozzell was anonymous when he came on, Bishop had been excellent. He does seem to be going backwards.
Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 19:15 - Jan 1 with 4804 viewsbadadski

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 18:33 - Jan 1 by Durovigutum

Dozzell was anonymous when he came on, Bishop had been excellent. He does seem to be going backwards.

Dozell has been bigged up massively. He's not the player people are making him out to be. He will be useful in a few years but he's more of a playmaker. Lankester, Bishop are more flair players, different types. Both are needed but in a team but the irony is that everyone keeps on going about strikers when it's a defense we have needed for quite a few seasons.
Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 20:22 - Jan 1 with 4719 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Think Andre needs a loan personally.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 20:25 - Jan 1 with 4710 viewsjas0999

Lankester was excellent. A little predictable - but wow at 18 years old. Evans will be rubbing his hands together,
Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 20:34 - Jan 1 with 4671 viewswarkthisway

Yes but no good just playing well for one half is it !!

bentnkuqi

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 20:38 - Jan 1 with 4650 viewsbadadski

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 20:34 - Jan 1 by warkthisway

Yes but no good just playing well for one half is it !!

We are easy to play against and always will be. Play long against us with big men upfront for the opposition and midfield is made obsolete. We are now crap and are always dominated against bigger teams and always will be with our back line.
Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 21:35 - Jan 1 with 4563 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Lankester will get plenty of credit as he should do but I thought Downes was superb for a lot of today. Really impressed.
Login to get fewer ads

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 22:27 - Jan 1 with 4448 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 20:22 - Jan 1 by TRUE_BLUE123

Think Andre needs a loan personally.

If we had an offer above £2 million I’d sell him. Think he’s going to be a Dean Bowditch, promised so much and deliver nothing.
Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 22:29 - Jan 1 with 4441 viewsSuperfrans

Dozzell has lost so much development time at a crucial age, he will inevitably take time to catch up. Right now, he is falling behind, but he’ll make up the time - as long as he and/or the club don’t rush him. We need to give him time.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 22:32 - Jan 1 with 4429 viewsHerbivore

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 22:29 - Jan 1 by Superfrans

Dozzell has lost so much development time at a crucial age, he will inevitably take time to catch up. Right now, he is falling behind, but he’ll make up the time - as long as he and/or the club don’t rush him. We need to give him time.

Exactly this. I find our fan base deeply troubling at times, I've seen so many people write him off lately or call him overrated. He's a 19 year-old kid who missed over a year with a really serious injury, he's been one of the stars for his country at every age level. How can we not cut him a bit of slack?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 22:37 - Jan 1 with 4414 viewstextbackup

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 22:32 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

Exactly this. I find our fan base deeply troubling at times, I've seen so many people write him off lately or call him overrated. He's a 19 year-old kid who missed over a year with a really serious injury, he's been one of the stars for his country at every age level. How can we not cut him a bit of slack?

I do wonder if he would be the one the club would sacrifice selling to keep the bulk of the others though..... on the England scene, many big clubs well aware of him, could/would we cash in on him to leave the rest alone....
personally id keep them all, but its not that simple

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 22:41 - Jan 1 with 4394 viewsHerbivore

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 22:37 - Jan 1 by textbackup

I do wonder if he would be the one the club would sacrifice selling to keep the bulk of the others though..... on the England scene, many big clubs well aware of him, could/would we cash in on him to leave the rest alone....
personally id keep them all, but its not that simple

But there's a difference between being pragmatic and thinking we could sacrifice him for a decent fee and writing him off as overrated. If we got a fairly sizeable offer I'd be tempted by it, we have other youngsters who are may be more suited to what we need right now, but what I don't get is the making out that he's just not very good. I've seen enough in his appearances for Town to see that he's going to be some player in a few years but no doubt that injury has set him back a fair bit.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 23:06 - Jan 1 with 4323 viewstextbackup

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 22:41 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

But there's a difference between being pragmatic and thinking we could sacrifice him for a decent fee and writing him off as overrated. If we got a fairly sizeable offer I'd be tempted by it, we have other youngsters who are may be more suited to what we need right now, but what I don't get is the making out that he's just not very good. I've seen enough in his appearances for Town to see that he's going to be some player in a few years but no doubt that injury has set him back a fair bit.

yeah you're right.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 23:09 - Jan 1 with 4310 viewsThe_Last_Baron

We should be building a new team around all three players. Get rid of the old sweats.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 23:10 - Jan 1 with 4306 viewsCoastalblue

One of the problems is that so many who hd barely seen him play were clamouring for him to start every week and seemed to genuinely think he was going to run games for us.

He's a kid with a lot of potential finding his was, best thing for him this season probably would have been some decent game time in a competitive league, a relegation dogfight is not really the ideal place for him to be learning.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 12:04 - Jan 2 with 4076 viewsitfcjoe

When he came on yesterday - some kid near me (must have been young as his balls hadn't dropped) - shouted at top of his voice - "He's too lightweight"

What sort of tw@t does that as a player is coming on - it beggars belief

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 13:12 - Jan 2 with 3998 viewsTractorJack

Lankester, Downes and Bishop on 18:33 - Jan 1 by Durovigutum

25 passess including 1 shot assist in 30 minutes is hardly anonymous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024