Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? 18:23 - Jan 1 with 3939 viewsBlueNode

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 18:24 - Jan 1 with 3642 viewssparks

How much do you say an owner should be investing each year please?

And FFS dont start protests- times are tough enough without making the whole thing more toxic and impacting the players.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 18:27 - Jan 1 with 3623 viewsRegencyBlue

Too late, much much too late!
Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 18:27 - Jan 1 with 3617 viewsJ2BLUE

It's easy to have limitless ambition with someone else's money. One of the chief Evans outers has just said it's not his club, it's ours so how many are willing to donate to the cause?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 18:28 - Jan 1 with 3597 viewsBurwell_Blue

Great idea. That will work wonders.
Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 18:33 - Jan 1 with 3583 viewsBlueNode

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 18:24 - Jan 1 by sparks

How much do you say an owner should be investing each year please?

And FFS dont start protests- times are tough enough without making the whole thing more toxic and impacting the players.

Whats wrong with having a competitive squad capable of competing in the champs? Other clubs seem to manage it.

Why is it ok to accept the malaise and just sit on ones hands.

I'm peeked off and unhappy, and would like to garner the feelings.

Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 18:38 - Jan 1 with 3542 viewsTractorWood

No it was 3 years ago.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 18:38 - Jan 1 with 3541 viewsNSL

I would be more interested to see how you turn a pie chart into a protest....

Poll: Who was primarily at fault for the defensive mix-up yesterday?

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 18:44 - Jan 1 with 3502 viewswarkthisway

You should have done this 2 years ago -too late now matey!

bentnkuqi

Login to get fewer ads

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 18:45 - Jan 1 with 3495 viewsPecker

It will achieve nothing.
Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 18:49 - Jan 1 with 3473 viewssparks

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 18:33 - Jan 1 by BlueNode

Whats wrong with having a competitive squad capable of competing in the champs? Other clubs seem to manage it.

Why is it ok to accept the malaise and just sit on ones hands.

I'm peeked off and unhappy, and would like to garner the feelings.

"

Why is it ok to accept the malaise and just sit on ones hands. "

Do point out where anyone, ANYONE, has said this?

How much should an owner be investing each year?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 18:50]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 18:53 - Jan 1 with 3451 viewsBlueNode

The stench of resignation permeates further than the new paint on the turnstiles....

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 19:03 - Jan 1 with 3426 viewsTrequartista

This answer to this can only be no. Either you don't think we should protest against the owner's investment, or you think he should have invested more long ago and now is too late.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 19:57 - Jan 1 with 3353 viewsBlueNode

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 19:03 - Jan 1 by Trequartista

This answer to this can only be no. Either you don't think we should protest against the owner's investment, or you think he should have invested more long ago and now is too late.

Ok.. if we are not allowed to protest... ....how about pleading, and wringing of hands in desperation with contorted painful expressions, to try and engender some sort of sympathy reaction, which leads to some extra investment?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 19:58]

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 20:03 - Jan 1 with 3323 viewsPecker

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 19:57 - Jan 1 by BlueNode

Ok.. if we are not allowed to protest... ....how about pleading, and wringing of hands in desperation with contorted painful expressions, to try and engender some sort of sympathy reaction, which leads to some extra investment?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 19:58]

You are allowed, just no point.
Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 20:14 - Jan 1 with 3295 viewsmrshallisfit

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 18:49 - Jan 1 by sparks

"

Why is it ok to accept the malaise and just sit on ones hands. "

Do point out where anyone, ANYONE, has said this?

How much should an owner be investing each year?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 18:50]

Well that all depends on how wily your manager is at getting in bargains but I would suggest Evan's has been between 20 and 50 percent below what is needed in the past few years. We were about 20th in wage Bill's last years League. As I said previously to you with a very competent manager like MM it would not have taken more than 5 to 10 million per season to compete well. Lambert was pretty damning about the policy in recent years of getting loads of loanees in and big turnovers every season. Whether that MMs choice of system or a cheaper way of operating forced on him by Evan's who knows.
Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 20:19 - Jan 1 with 3277 viewssparks

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 20:14 - Jan 1 by mrshallisfit

Well that all depends on how wily your manager is at getting in bargains but I would suggest Evan's has been between 20 and 50 percent below what is needed in the past few years. We were about 20th in wage Bill's last years League. As I said previously to you with a very competent manager like MM it would not have taken more than 5 to 10 million per season to compete well. Lambert was pretty damning about the policy in recent years of getting loads of loanees in and big turnovers every season. Whether that MMs choice of system or a cheaper way of operating forced on him by Evan's who knows.

On average its been about 5m a season.

So you think someone should be putting in double that each season, minimum?

If you protest at ME, do you think that the prospects of investment by him (or by someone else) are (a) the same (b) lower or (c) greater?

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 20:39 - Jan 1 with 3217 viewsBlueNode

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 20:19 - Jan 1 by sparks

On average its been about 5m a season.

So you think someone should be putting in double that each season, minimum?

If you protest at ME, do you think that the prospects of investment by him (or by someone else) are (a) the same (b) lower or (c) greater?

In League 1 we could be losing 10m a season anyway, so it would not have been money wasted.

By not investing and allowing relegation could actually cost him more.

Football is still a business and he is a successful businessman is he not? There are still calculated risks to take....

Or maybe he has had another agenda entirely since he owned the club?

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 20:44 - Jan 1 with 3193 viewssparks

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 20:39 - Jan 1 by BlueNode

In League 1 we could be losing 10m a season anyway, so it would not have been money wasted.

Football is still a business and he is a successful businessman is he not? There are still calculated risks to take....

Enlighten us as ot what other agenda could exist?

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 20:53 - Jan 1 with 3166 viewsHARRY10

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 20:39 - Jan 1 by BlueNode

Investment should have been in someone who knows how to run a football club. Something both Clegg and Milne have been woeful at.

Investment in the coaching staff and the scouting 'network'

Investment, or just maintaining the infrastructure.

Those bleating out that Evans is 'pumping in money' should take a good look at the stadium and then the squad.

This club has been appallingly mismanaged over the past decade or so under Evans. We are where we are now due to that. Not due to one particular manager, or even CEO but a majority shareholder who has tried to run the club on the cheap at every level.

If others can 'succeed' without this supposed pumped in money why the hell can't we ? Do Millwall, Preston and Rotherham have better support ? What is it that Brentford are doing right that we have not been doing ?

Because however you spin the financial arrangement Evans has with the club it has failed, miserably
Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 20:54 - Jan 1 with 3165 viewsBlueNode

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 20:44 - Jan 1 by sparks

Enlighten us as ot what other agenda could exist?

That was a rhetorical statement.... I have no enlightenment to offer

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 20:55 - Jan 1 with 3155 viewssparks

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 20:54 - Jan 1 by BlueNode

That was a rhetorical statement.... I have no enlightenment to offer

It wasnt rhetorical- it was innuendo.

If you are unable to offer a suggestion, the honest thing to do would be to withdraw it...

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 21:00 - Jan 1 with 3136 viewstractorboy1978

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 20:53 - Jan 1 by HARRY10

Investment should have been in someone who knows how to run a football club. Something both Clegg and Milne have been woeful at.

Investment in the coaching staff and the scouting 'network'

Investment, or just maintaining the infrastructure.

Those bleating out that Evans is 'pumping in money' should take a good look at the stadium and then the squad.

This club has been appallingly mismanaged over the past decade or so under Evans. We are where we are now due to that. Not due to one particular manager, or even CEO but a majority shareholder who has tried to run the club on the cheap at every level.

If others can 'succeed' without this supposed pumped in money why the hell can't we ? Do Millwall, Preston and Rotherham have better support ? What is it that Brentford are doing right that we have not been doing ?

Because however you spin the financial arrangement Evans has with the club it has failed, miserably

All those clubs you've mentioned are comfortably in the bottom half of the division with more chance of being relegated than promoted in the short-medium term.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 21:01]
Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 21:04 - Jan 1 with 3121 viewsBlueNode

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 20:55 - Jan 1 by sparks

It wasnt rhetorical- it was innuendo.

If you are unable to offer a suggestion, the honest thing to do would be to withdraw it...

OK lets argue about technicalities of posted statements rather than the theme of the thread.... I'm all for that....
there I did it again... my bad humour
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 21:06]

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 21:14 - Jan 1 with 3089 viewsHARRY10

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 21:00 - Jan 1 by tractorboy1978

All those clubs you've mentioned are comfortably in the bottom half of the division with more chance of being relegated than promoted in the short-medium term.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 21:01]

With far lower gates and support, and no money being pumped in, so do explain why we are rock bottom 10 points adrift.
Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 21:32 - Jan 1 with 3046 viewstractorboy1978

Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club? on 21:14 - Jan 1 by HARRY10

With far lower gates and support, and no money being pumped in, so do explain why we are rock bottom 10 points adrift.

We are rock bottom, 10 points adrift because Hurst inexplicably took a sledgehammer to the team and rebuilt it with inexperienced players from the lower leagues that collectively and on an individual basis do not look good enough.

FWIW I do not disagree with you that Evans has run the club terribly.

Just pointing out that those clubs you've mentioned are all at the wrong end of the table and will likely go down before they are promoted. Does staying up constitute success? I guess it does and that's a sad inditement of how the finances have gone crazy in this league.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 21:43]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024