Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lot of threads on Spence and the corner 19:51 - Jan 1 with 6651 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Is no one going to mention Pennington's back pass?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 19:55 - Jan 1 with 4971 viewsartsbossbeard

Of course not.

He's one of the "good ones".

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 20:03 - Jan 1 with 4938 viewsmonytowbray

Pennington f’ed up but it was an isolated incident. Spence f’ing up occurs at least once every 30 minutes.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 20:13 - Jan 1 with 4899 viewsLankHenners

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 20:03 - Jan 1 by monytowbray

Pennington f’ed up but it was an isolated incident. Spence f’ing up occurs at least once every 30 minutes.

He made 1 in 90 today.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 20:15 - Jan 1 with 4875 viewsHerbivore

That's just not true. Pennington has been directly accountable for more goals conceded this season than any other player imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 20:32 - Jan 1 with 4845 viewsFartman

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 20:15 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

That's just not true. Pennington has been directly accountable for more goals conceded this season than any other player imo.

Spence should have been told by our Golie that he should bring the ball out...

We're trying to play to much from the back, ending up shooting ourselves in the foot. Our center backs aren't good enough at the ball, so I think we are putting ourselves under unneccecary pressure. It's ok to play from the back at low risk, but I think we should choose to go long/wide more then we do.

I thought Harrison did really well against 2 gigant CB's, would like to keep him up top instead of Roberts.

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." -- Winston S. Churchill

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 20:35 - Jan 1 with 4830 viewsBLUEBEAT

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 20:15 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

Yeah!

Lambert should play Nsiala!

Poll: W or W

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 21:01 - Jan 1 with 4764 viewsBasuco

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 20:32 - Jan 1 by Fartman

We're trying to play to much from the back, ending up shooting ourselves in the foot. Our center backs aren't good enough at the ball, so I think we are putting ourselves under unneccecary pressure. It's ok to play from the back at low risk, but I think we should choose to go long/wide more then we do.

I thought Harrison did really well against 2 gigant CB's, would like to keep him up top instead of Roberts.

I would add that neither Gerken or any other player shouted to Spence to clear the ball, even the Millwall players did not expect a corner.
Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 21:04 - Jan 1 with 4755 viewsSteve_M

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 20:13 - Jan 1 by LankHenners

He made 1 in 90 today.

We could also have tried defending the bloody corner. Radical I know.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 21:07 - Jan 1 with 4736 viewsHerbivore

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 21:04 - Jan 1 by Steve_M

Indeed, really sloppily defended. About 4 or 5 Millwall players had touches of the ball without us even challenging for it once.

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 21:24 - Jan 1 with 4689 viewsbilllm

Ok Spence shimmied it out and took 2-3 seconds but if he made the obvious wrong decisions, where's everyone else saying get rid obviously they haven't, not a Spence supporter he's not the only one at fault over that
Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 21:26 - Jan 1 with 4675 viewssparks

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 21:24 - Jan 1 by billlm

Ok Spence shimmied it out and took 2-3 seconds but if he made the obvious wrong decisions, where's everyone else saying get rid obviously they haven't, not a Spence supporter he's not the only one at fault over that

It was so obvious, people would not think to say "get rid". It took a few moments to even realise he was intending to let it go out, and to process how bizarre that was.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 21:27 - Jan 1 with 4669 viewsLankHenners

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 21:04 - Jan 1 by Steve_M

We really are awful at defending balls hit from any sort of angle into our box aren’t we? When the second ball came back in there were about 5 Millwall players free waiting to nod it in.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 22:58 - Jan 1 with 4517 viewsThe_Last_Baron

All of our back five are poor. It's the major reason why we are bottom.

I guarantee you that next season none will be in the starting 11.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 23:00 - Jan 1 with 4508 viewstextbackup

as my mate said earlier, think its time we look to playing Nsiala over him, for the reason he's actually our player and in all honesty probably as good

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 23:13 - Jan 1 with 4480 viewsreusersfreekicks

Pennington has caused more goals to be conceded than your fall guy
Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:11 - Jan 2 with 4312 viewsSteve_M

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 21:27 - Jan 1 by LankHenners

We really are awful at defending balls hit from any sort of angle into our box aren’t we? When the second ball came back in there were about 5 Millwall players free waiting to nod it in.

No pressure on the player outside the box who put that ball in either. We never recovered from the equaliser, had we kept a one goal deficit then we might have got a point.

Incredibly frustrating.

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:23 - Jan 2 with 4284 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 20:32 - Jan 1 by Fartman

Agreed, our defence and GK are not good enough to play out from the back.

Great ideas from PL and it is the way to go long term, but, not for this team who are hoofers at heart.
Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:33 - Jan 2 with 4257 viewsHerbivore

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:23 - Jan 2 by Northern_Blue81

Agreed, our defence and GK are not good enough to play out from the back.

Great ideas from PL and it is the way to go long term, but, not for this team who are hoofers at heart.

The goals we're conceding aren't down to trying to play out from the back.

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:35 - Jan 2 with 4252 viewsSomethingBlue

Pennington reliably costs us a goal a game and needs upgrading on as a priority.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:36 - Jan 2 with 4246 viewschicoazul

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 19:55 - Jan 1 by artsbossbeard

Of course not.

He's one of the "good ones".

Isnt it weird how the "bad ones" almost all have the same thing in common?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:37 - Jan 2 with 4243 viewsHerbivore

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:35 - Jan 2 by SomethingBlue

Pennington reliably costs us a goal a game and needs upgrading on as a priority.

It amazes me that some still seem oblivious to this.

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:43 - Jan 2 with 4219 viewsMullet

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:37 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

It amazes me that some still seem oblivious to this.

Who signed who? Easy answer.

As with Jonas these "facts" become solidified over time when repeated enough.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:44 - Jan 2 with 4210 viewsSteve_M

He had a really good first half too yesterday, but the inexperience shows over the full match.

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:46 - Jan 2 with 4197 viewschristiand

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 21:01 - Jan 1 by Basuco

I would add that neither Gerken or any other player shouted to Spence to clear the ball, even the Millwall players did not expect a corner.

We seem collectively a very quiet team. I’ve noticed a couple of times when Chalobah gets tackled from behind, it’s more the crowd yelling, ‘man on’ than any of his team mates!
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 8:48]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:46 - Jan 2 with 4192 viewschicoazul

Think we could see 2 centre halves coming in this window, all being well. I like Chambo as much as the next man but he has been creaking for a year or so now.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024